Evolve Fish

Found a stunning new portrayal of His Noodly Majesty? New art, adapted art, links to do-it-yourself art? Realistic, conceptual, whatever? Post it here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Evolve Fish

Postby Bob the Unbeliever on Wed May 24, 2006 1:09 am

The Evolve Fish website has several stickers and such that depict FSM stuff.

They even link back to www.venganza.org on some of them.

I was wondering if they have permission for this?

the site is http://www.evolvefish.com/ and I'm thinking of ordering some of the FSM stuff, but only if it's legit.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

Edit: Okay, so I'm a bit slow; I went to the FSM homepage and there is a direct link to Evolve Fish website - obviously it is kosher stuff.
Bob the Unbeliever
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Michelangelo on Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:01 am

I have a question...if we are to take FSM as a true faith, then how can such a site and its products not be "kosher?" I mean I don't think the vatican holds copyrights on the image of Jesus on the cross. Just wondering, not trying to start a fight or anything.
Michelangelo
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby The Inanimator on Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:16 am

Yea, people can use any of my FSM graphics if they wanted, then I get to smile when I see it on the street. I do professional work that that philosophy doesn't apply to but for this it's all cool, at least with me.
The Inanimator
Ziti Zealot

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:24 pm

of course, if someone depicts the FSM in a really bad way (there was some FSM tentalce hentai spam a ways back), we can take action (see, shit on jesus painting)... or just laugh, depending on the severity.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Alpaca on Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:52 pm

That wasn't spam, that was a member who posted that as a joke. (I don't remember who, but it's definitely still floating around either in the archives or in R&R.)

Also, Qwerty, couldja please clarify the shit on Jesus painting comment?
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:00 pm

sorry for my misunderstanding in that issue with the hentai.

It's freakin' annoying, I can't find anything reall directly about it, but it was in a exhibit called 'sensation'. it included paintings of jesus covered in feces.

here's something simmilar

this website wrote:Back in 1999, a controversial art exhibit called "Sensation" arrived at the Brooklyn Museum of Arts. It didn't take long for the show to receive tons of criticism from both the public and the mayor of New York, Rudolph Giuliani. Many, including the mayor, were outraged at pieces that used elephant feces and dead farm animals to portray the artists' disgust for the Christian religion.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Alpaca on Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:16 pm

Hehe. Gotcha.

Though your link points back to this thread....
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:44 pm

wow... c/v issues...

oh well. one of the sites I found (methinks it was a joke site) was an article about people being outraged because there was a perfectly normal and non-offensive painting of jesus christ. "wheres the blasphemy?" the mob asks.

:?

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Return to Art and Artistic Adaptations