Flying Spaghetti Monster Versus Invisible Pink Unicorn

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Metal_Inside on Fri May 26, 2006 5:26 pm

Well, I think IPU does not exist, and FSM is the true Creator, because there are so many evidences, like the climate changing because the lack of pirates (or ninjas), and the fact that the Last Supper is fully logical if we assume Jesus is a human encarnation of the FSM: they ate their meatballs (I think it sounds worse than I intended) and drink their salsa blood.

But if you think, what logical evidence the IPU brings to us?
Metal_Inside
Conchigliette Convert

Postby alexrose on Sat May 27, 2006 4:03 am

Well, the IPU is invisible and, as proof, we can't see Her. Sounds straightforward to me.
alexrose
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby The Meromorph on Sat May 27, 2006 12:01 pm

Hey, guys! Don't make me stop this Forum and come back there! :)

There is no point, and you aren't allowed to do it here anyway (That's a Moderator Warning, BTW), in arguing whose god is better, or whose has prettier hair.
Respectfully acknowledge each other's beliefs. Don't try and convert people. Share (or at least offer to share) a tasty and nutritious meal. I suggest Chicken Tetrazinni in this case :D
Laughing in the rain.
Dancing in the desert sand,
Somersaults through life.
The Meromorph
Sweet Moderation

Location: Sailing away to Vindravan, eating my tears with laughter.

Postby alexrose on Sat May 27, 2006 2:33 pm

Eep. Sorry...Just joking.
alexrose
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby The Meromorph on Sat May 27, 2006 4:21 pm

alexrose wrote:Eep. Sorry...Just joking.

HHMM, that is a rather nice plate of spaghetti and meatballs in your avatar...

Forget the Chicken Tetrazinni, can I eat your avatar? :roll:
Laughing in the rain.
Dancing in the desert sand,
Somersaults through life.
The Meromorph
Sweet Moderation

Location: Sailing away to Vindravan, eating my tears with laughter.

Postby alexrose on Sat May 27, 2006 5:02 pm

Go ahead. I know I can't. :fsm_float:

What exactly is Chicken Tetrazinni?
alexrose
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Al Dante on Sat May 27, 2006 5:56 pm

"Tetra" is a prefix (from Greek) meaning "four." (As in 'tetrahedron' or 'carbon tetrachloride.')

So Chicken Tetrazzini (note correct spelling) is chicken with four zzinis.

"Tetra" also means certain kinds of brightly colored freshwater fish popular in home aquariums. But cooking up chicken with aquarium fish (with or without any zzinis) is just wrong, and expensive to boot.

I tried making Chicken Pentazzini once, and it was just too much. Completely ubalanced and overpowering. Stick with Tetrazzini.

- operaticAL
Al Dante
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby alexrose on Sat May 27, 2006 6:12 pm

I thank you for that completely useless explanation.

Apparently it's chicken with noodles (!) in cream sauce made with mushrooms and almonds and topped with parmesan cheese and ovenbrowned.

Named after an Italian opera singer.

I guess if getting me to google it was the point, you succeeded. :fsm_ninja: [/img]
alexrose
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Al Dante on Sat May 27, 2006 8:37 pm

alexrose wrote:I thank you for that completely useless explanation.

You're welcome! :D Anytime!

I guess if getting me to google it was the point, you succeeded.

I wouldn't say that was my conscious intent (I expected someone else would chime in with the real answer).

However, you've touched upon one factor in how I developed my own critical thinking skills. My father was (and still is) a master of giving absurd but oddly believable explanations and answers to questions, delivered in a totally deadpan way. I learned early on to check multiple sources!

- prodigAL
Al Dante
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby bubblegumgirl on Sun May 28, 2006 10:40 pm

I believe that the FSM created the IPU just like he created the mountains the trees and the midgets. The IPU is just a manifistation in his universe.
"Yes Marge, in Theory, in theory communism works." Homer Simpson

"`This must be Thursday,' said Arthur to himself, sinking low over his beer, `I never could get the hang of Thursdays.'"

"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."
bubblegumgirl
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Alpaca on Sun May 28, 2006 11:29 pm

Welcome! Why doncha go ahead and introduce yourself in the New converts thread in the START HERE forum. :)
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby OZ_Nick on Mon May 29, 2006 12:00 am

Hi there Bubblegumgirl from a fellow Melbournian. There's not too many of us in here, but hopefully the numbers will grow in time as the Noodly Truth becomes obvious to all!

Nick
----

Ye may knowe mee better as Cap'n Bluenose
OZ_Nick
Stele Second Mate

Re: Flying Spaghetti Monster Versus Invisible Pink Unicorn

Postby player hater on Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:19 am

jefferywinkler wrote:As you are well aware, there are two possible explanations for the Origin of the Universe. One is that the Universe was created by The Flying Spaghetti Monster

http://www.venganza.org

The other theory is that the Universe was created by The Invisible Pink Unicorn

http://www.palmyra.demon.co.uk/humour/ipu.htm

Of course, these two theories are equally valid, and are both supported by equal amounts of evidence. The problem is that these two theories appear to contradict each other. Therefore, we are forced to choose one of the following alternatives.

1. The Universe was actually created by the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and The Invisible Pink Unicorn is a bogus false idol that people are foolish to believe in.

2. The Universe was actually created by the Invisible Pink Unicorn and the Flying Spaghetti Monster is a bogus false idol people are foolish to believe in.

3. The Invisible Pink Unicorn is another name for the Flying Spaghetti Monster but his real form is a Flying Spaghetti Monster.

4. The Flying Spaghetti Monster is another form of the Invisible Pink Unicorn but her real form is an Invisible Pink Unicorn.

5. Both the Flying Spaghetti Monster and Invisible Pink Unicorn exist, and are in fact married, like Zeus and Hera, or Osiris and Isis, and created the Universe together.

6. They both exist and are enemies, and the universe was created by their ongoing warfare.

7. They both exist, and one is good, to lead men to salvation, and the other evil, and leads men astray.

8. Another possibility is that neither exist, and in fact the Universe was not made by anyone.

The final option is perhaps the most disturbing, but it is perhaps the easiest way to reconcile these two theories, both of which are supported by equal amounts of evidence, so we should be willing to keep an open mind regarding this final option.

Jeffery Winkler

http://www.geocities.com/jefferywinkler

batman came in and killed both of them
player hater
Conchigliette Convert

Postby jefferywinkler on Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:05 pm

An imortal being can't be killed.

However, what if you took the FSM, and physically separated each noodle, so he was no longer physically connected?
jefferywinkler
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Blackspot_Isaiah on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:17 am

jefferywinkler wrote:An imortal being can't be killed.

However, what if you took the FSM, and physically separated each noodle, so he was no longer physically connected?

The physical dimension is simply one aspect of our Noodly Lord. His etheric noodles are inseparable and as the Platonic archetype of all things noodly, he is indestructable. Also, he can regenerate his physical form.
"Most people just take themselves too damn seriously, which is why they act like damn fools."
- Robert Anton Wilson
Blackspot_Isaiah
Maccheroncelli Missionary

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM