The meat ball spaghetti duality?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

The meat ball spaghetti duality?

Postby Sasuman on Fri May 19, 2006 7:10 pm

It has been brought to my attention that the flying sphigetti monster need not be one entity, but two. For he is made of sphigetti and meatballs, yet they are two seperate entities.

Is my theology correct or false? Under what bases?
I am HisVoice but I can't access my other account.
Sasuman
Ziti Zealot

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Fri May 19, 2006 7:13 pm

What are you made of? There's some meat bits, and some bone bits, and lots of saucy bits, right?

Different parts don't mean different entities.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Fri May 19, 2006 7:41 pm

The most noodly representation of the FSM in my city is the Dumpling Noodle Soup at a local Chinese restaurant.

Outside of my kitchen, of course, but theirs tastes better.....
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Re: The meat ball sphigetti duality?

Postby Blackspot_Isaiah on Mon May 22, 2006 1:08 pm

Auntie Dee Dee wrote:
Sasuman wrote:It has been braught to my attention that the flying sphigetti monster need not be one entity, but two. For he is made of sphigetti and meatballs, yet they are two seperate entities.

Is my theoligy correct or false? Under what bases?

Umm, sauce??

Now, let's get down to the actual 'theology' involved.

FSM is not LITERAL spaghetti, sauce and meatballs. It's a metaphorical use, a representation. Anthropomorphological in nature, we imbue the deity that is with the appearance he takes in order to appear as something we would (a) recognize and (b) like.

Thanks for clarifying this, Auntie Dee Dee. In the past, great conflicts have taken place over metaphysical mathematics when it came to the question of a single-personed vs. multi-personed deity. Imaginge how many "holy wars" could have been prevented if such enlightened views had prevailed throughout history.
"Most people just take themselves too damn seriously, which is why they act like damn fools."
- Robert Anton Wilson
Blackspot_Isaiah
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Metal_Inside on Fri May 26, 2006 5:47 pm

There's no duality, its a metaphor of how the living creatures feed. In the beggining, he gave some of his noodles and meatballs to every creature in the world. Then some ate only the noodles, the ones that are known now as "hervibores(not sure about the spelling, english insn't my mother language)". The ones who ate the meatball became "carnivores" and omnivores ate both noodles and meatballs.
Metal_Inside
Conchigliette Convert

Postby daniel on Mon May 29, 2006 1:54 am

I think we're allowed each our own interpretation. While I respect Auntie Dee Dee's view that the noodles are metaphorical, my own reading of the Gospel of FSM convinces me that the spaghetti is literal, although when we eat spaghetti we're not eating god, because He is different spaghetti. Just as if we go to an Italian restaurant together, I am not eating your spaghetti when I eat mine. It's two different piles of spaghetti. Likewise, the FSM is a different pile of spaghetti than the one I eat, or the one you eat.

So I think you could believe in a spaghetti-and-meatballs duality if you find that belief satisfying for you. I don't believe in god. But the Flying Spaghetti Monster that I personally don't believe in has no meatballs. He's a vegetarian pasta primavera. But as above, I respect other views.
Daniel

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal."
-- Emma Goldman
daniel
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby dutch convert on Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:06 pm

There is of course clear evidence that the spaghetti and meatballs still reside in everyone. The flying spaghetti Monster is the LKCO (last known common originator)

We can find evidence for this in the structure of human genitalia. There has long been a debate of why there was such a big loop in the male seminal ducts. Now the thruth is that our beloved FSM used spaghetti for our most primairy organs. We do NOT BREAK spaghetti! Nor did our Creator. He made a nice loop in order to preserve the divine form in our male noodly appendage. To each of those he connected a meatball. In females the same phenomenon can be found in the ovary ducts and ovaries. I will not get into details about the sauce.

In this way we are all still formed in HIS image, and is any use of the male noodly appendage a tribute to our beloved FSM.

http://www.enjoystick.ru/articles/image/male%20genitalia.jpg
dutch convert
Ziti Zealot

Return to All Things FSM