SPOKANE, WA

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

SPOKANE, WA

Postby daniel on Mon May 22, 2006 1:53 pm

I've just discovered this site (as you can see by my low post count). If there are any Pastafarians in Spokane, it would be fun to get together. I am, more specifically, a pastaprimavarian agnostic (still uncertain whether the FSM it literal or allegorical -- though it makes more sense than any other religion I've encountered up to now, and no meatballs for me, thank you very much).
Daniel

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal."
-- Emma Goldman
daniel
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Shinikami on Thu May 25, 2006 4:02 pm

Alas, I am not in Spokane, I am in Sammamish. However, we might still be able to organize something. See, I may not have a pirate ship, but I have a flag, and a lawn mower. If we attatch the flag to the mower, we could potentially pillage nearby highways and thus, help prevent the next earthquake.

May His Noodly Appendage touch you many times.

-Shin
Shinikami
Ziti Zealot

Postby SiX on Fri May 26, 2006 12:01 pm

I am in Moses Lake and would be interested in a gathering. I also have a building that could be used, but no pasta houses in town that I know of, except an overpriced Italian restaurant.
SiX
Ziti Zealot

Postby daniel on Fri May 26, 2006 2:18 pm

A flag and a lawnmower sound like a pretty good alternative to a pirate ship, especially since the one is for land and the other is for the sea. I fear it would take a very long time to sail it from Sammamish to Spokane. But if you're willing to undertake the trip, you would meet with a hearty pirate's welcome! I hope the flag is the Jolly Roger! I'm not sure the flag of Uruguay would be the best choice. (I once wrote a report on Uruguay. I remember absolutely nothing whatsoever of what was in it.)

Even Moses lake is a long ways from Spokane. Mapquest says almost two hours from my zip code in the Valley. (A bit less if starting from downtown Spokane). (That's travelling by car. Not pirate lawnmower.)
Daniel

-- Emma Goldman
daniel

Postby Shinikami on Fri May 26, 2006 3:30 pm

Yarrrr! Pirate Lawnmower!

For His goodness,

-Shin
Shinikami
Ziti Zealot

Postby SiX on Sat May 27, 2006 1:40 pm

Yea, The Valley is nearly 2 hours from Moses Lake. But, it's closer than Seattle. My husband and I get to Spokane often, so perhaps we can meet up at some point for a small FSM gathering. However, Hubby isn't fond of eating pasta and is more inclined to eat Indian food when in Spokane. Perhaps he could be swayed. We also know a couple other Pastafarians in Moses Lake. Mostly in hiding in this town.
SiX
Ziti Zealot

Postby daniel on Sun May 28, 2006 1:24 am

There's a really good Indian restaurant here in the Valley, called Top of India, on Sprague, kind of near University. While one should definitely eat noodles sometimes, it wouldn't be healthy to eat them all the time, and I think we can say with confidence that pirates would have often visited India, it being a seaside continent and all, so a good curry would fit well in a pirate diet. Yo ho ho and a plate of aloo gobi!

Perhaps if we planned a get-together next time you're in Spokane, another Pastafarian or two would come out of the woodwork. I haven't found any yet, and no other Spokaneers have posted on this thread, but one can hope.
Daniel

-- Emma Goldman
daniel

Postby SiX on Wed May 31, 2006 7:56 pm

Actually, we prefer the Taste Of India up on Division. I also have no doubts as to the approval of Indian Food. India would have been a frequent stop for pirates after all. We should try to plan something, then. I'm not sure when we'll be going that way next, but will keep you posted. I'm sure we can bring at least one other pastafarian with us as well.
SiX
Ziti Zealot

Postby daniel on Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:19 pm

Well, since you are the ones who will be driving halfway across the state, I'll agree to your choice of restaurants.

I am curious, though, why you prefer Taste of India. I thought the food there was not as good as Top of India. Of course, the latter is closer to me, so I've only eaten at the former on one occasion.

I have a number of short trips planned for this summer, so let me know whenever you're going to be here and if I'm in town we can get together.
Daniel

-- Emma Goldman
daniel

Postby SiX on Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:30 pm

We have tried both restaurants and it remains our favorite. It probably depends on what your favorite dish is. I like Shahi Paneer, or Saag Paneer, my other half loves Chicken Tikka Masala. We like that you can order it extra hot and it doesn't just come covered in chili oil and tasting like acid. It comes hot and spicy but has fabulous flavours as well, not just what we call 'acid hot'. But, we can figure out which restaurant once we know when. :fsm_yarr:

We are pretty busy this summer ourselves, hopefully we can find time that works for everyone and talk noodles.
SiX
Ziti Zealot

Postby daniel on Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:54 am

I don't know what any of the dishes are called, except aloo gobi. And as a vegetarian I obviously don't eat the chicken. So I like the lunch buffet: I get a variety of things, and I don't have to worry about what they're called; I just take some of everything that's not meat. Oh, yeah: I like medium hot, which is how the buffet selections are usually prepared.

I usually avoid Indian restaurants for supper, partly because I don't eat a full meal in the evening, but also because then I only get one item.

So if lunch works for you, I am happy to go to Taste of India, as you prefer that one.
Daniel

-- Emma Goldman
daniel

Postby SiX on Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:50 pm

Well, Paneer is cheese, and Saag is spinach. The Shahi is similar to tikka masala sauce but has a few more things in it. Not every restaurant has Shahi, but they all have Saag Paneer, sometimes called Palak Paneer. Don't know why it has two names. Lunch is fine. We'll try and figure out a time.

I know we'll be driving through within the next week but will be pulling a 19' trailer... Not sure of the date yet either.
SiX
Ziti Zealot

Return to FSM Gatherings