Wiki Article: The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Wiki Article: The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Postby Rex-Imperator on Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:27 pm

I have created a wiki article about the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and if there are any other Wikiholics on the forums willing to lend a hand to expand make the article more informative and better I would REALLY appreciate it. (I suck at writting articles).

Link Bellow: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gospel ... ti_Monster
Rex-Imperator
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Alpaca on Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:08 am

I'm not a wikipediaholic (distinction from general wikiholic), but as far as I know, the book pages in Wikipedia don't necessarily contain a full chapter list. Try a plot summary, a summary of themes, and the like.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby SpisBoy on Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:03 pm

I'd like to thank everyone who's helping create the article. You are true Pastafarians worthy of merit.

(By the way I'm back. I- I was gone?)
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Arrrgh!" -Piraticus 13:7

http://home.earthlink.net/~meximiliano/
SpisBoy
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby codemartin on Wed May 24, 2006 5:28 pm

The article is great in all but there is one small catch. THE PEOPLE THERE THINK IT IS FAKE. They do not consider us a "real" religion. I have tryied to debate this but to no avail. SO....

Calling all fellow Pastafarians
We need your help

The wiki community, who runs the site, and the article, do not consider us a real religion. We must fix this and convince them that is a real religion. We must keep editiing the article and talking on the disscusion page and prove it is real. So who is with me. For the FSM :fsm:
I really have to update my sig.
codemartin
Ziti Zealot

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Thu May 25, 2006 1:49 pm

OMFSM! I went there and was appalled to read this first paragraph:

"The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is a satirical text written by Bobby Henderson that is considered to embody the main beliefs of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM), a parody religion mocking Intelligent Design (ID)."

Did you write that, RexImpersonator? If so, you need to correct it. Many of us do not consider this a 'parody' religion and we are not 'mocking' ID, here. We don't want to piss people off, we only want them to think about what they're asking when they ask for ID to be taught in the public schools. Whose intelligent design? I don't want my kid confused by some other religion's idea of the Truth.
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Alpaca on Thu May 25, 2006 3:40 pm

codemartin wrote:The article is great in all but there is one small catch. THE PEOPLE THERE THINK IT IS FAKE. They do not consider us a "real" religion. I have tryied to debate this but to no avail. SO....

Calling all fellow Pastafarians
We need your help

The wiki community, who runs the site, and the article, do not consider us a real religion. We must fix this and convince them that is a real religion. We must keep editiing the article and talking on the disscusion page and prove it is real. So who is with me. For the FSM :fsm:

Go ahead, but don't spam, don't make them push the revert buttons, don't break wiki policy. Don't give us a bad name, whatever you do. If they prove hopeless, let them be hopeless and unenlightened, but don't make us seem like overly persistent asses.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Griffin on Thu May 25, 2006 4:39 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:......the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM), a parody religion mocking Intelligent Design (ID)."

So ID is a religion?
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.
Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

They're trying to delete one of the FSM pages!

Postby OZ_Nick on Thu May 25, 2006 7:40 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Eight_%22I%27d_Really_Rather_You_Didn%27ts%22

Those of us who are Wikipedians might like to say whether they want this page deleted.

Nick
----

Ye may knowe mee better as Cap'n Bluenose
OZ_Nick
Stele Second Mate

Return to All Things FSM