Charity Work?

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Charity Drives?

yes
100%
no
No votes

Total votes : 11

Charity Work?

Postby Kung Su Maniac on Mon May 15, 2006 10:49 pm

I had recently posted proposing an idea for attempting to get this as an actual religion, under the Name Kung Su Maniac as a guest, I decided to join. Because Religion should not be taught in science class.

Most religions do charity work to get thier name out there and get more people to join. I was thinking that maybe people from the same state get together and perform so huge charity drive to a cause many people believe in possibly AIDs or Cancer. And people should realize that this has some thought to it and just wants to be considered a religion, to proove it's point.
Kung Su Maniac
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Alpaca on Mon May 15, 2006 11:52 pm

Mm.. Good idea. The only thing we've tried so far, to my knowledge, is the Million Noodle March, but we should do more.

The problem is getting the geographically disparate Pastafarians together in one place.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Tue May 16, 2006 12:27 am

The idea of the Million Noodle March was to get Pastafarians to donate, but apparently many places don't have food banks. Other charity work is good too... if you could get enough people and money together (wouldn't take much) you might be able to work with a local homeless shelter to do a free spaghetti dinner.

I'm thinking about getting involved with a local group called Food Not Bombs; local (organic and natural) grocers donate food and the FNB volunteers cooks it for a local shelter. Seems win/win to me, and I should be able to convince a few members about his Noodly Goodness. :mrgreen:
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Alpaca on Tue May 16, 2006 7:43 am

That's right... I need to get a zebra-striped pin.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Kung Su Maniac on Tue May 16, 2006 4:21 pm

Honestly, we wouldn't have to have alot of us to do the charity work. Just like people do what ever they can to get the name out, like maybe one person could do something alone like start a spaghetti collection and donate them to families or the homeless people who need it and if asked why they are doing it just say that it's for FSM to get his name out.
Kung Su Maniac
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Wed May 17, 2006 2:36 pm

For some reason this reminds me of an idea I let go of some time back. I wonder if we could have some stamps made (for use with stamp pads) which have an FSM logo and venganza address on them. We could use them to stamp envelopes addressed to charities and bags donated to food drives.
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed May 17, 2006 2:42 pm

Hmmm.. it would be even easier to make label templates that could be printed on a home computer. The advantage of an ink stamp would be that one could do fun things like emboss it in gold. They're not prohibitively expensive, but hard to swap between users.

I included some small versions of the FSM holiday card in the last donation I made to the food bank, just in case 40 lbs of spaghetti didn't get their attention.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby aquazoo on Wed May 17, 2006 5:24 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:For some reason this reminds me of an idea I let go of some time back. I wonder if we could have some stamps made (for use with stamp pads) which have an FSM logo and venganza address on them. We could use them to stamp envelopes addressed to charities and bags donated to food drives.

Oooh, neat idea! Or what about stickers? Stamp pad ink could smear or not show up on some things (like spaghetti boxes), but stickers would be lovely. If someone makes a PDF file, and specifies a label size, we can all print them up and stick them on donations.

I heard about a group that donated underwear for people displaced by Katrina, and they made their own tag for the undies.
aquazoo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby teripie on Wed May 17, 2006 9:06 pm

Stamp pads are a good idea. Then have fun with them, break the law and stamp every piece of paper money that passes thoguh your hands.
-----(\ /)------
-----(o.o)-----
----(> <)-----
This is Bunny.
Bunny, as cute and cuddley as he may appear, is bent on world domination.
To achieve this he has decided to start by taking over teh intarweb, a step towards his ultimate goal.
To help him complete his quest and therefore ensure bunny domination, copy and paste him into your sig
teripie
Birthday Scribe

Postby Kung Su Maniac on Wed May 17, 2006 9:54 pm

I don't think that would go over to well with the government, so that could actually hinder the process for becoming a religion.
Kung Su Maniac
Conchigliette Convert

Return to The Cause