Is this the flying spaghetti monster?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

FSM or False Idol

FSM
38%
False Idol
31%
Owl
31%

Total votes : 16

Is this the flying spaghetti monster?

Postby Goat Starer on Mon May 08, 2006 6:11 am

Following on from the spectacular appearance of the FSM in the leaflet holders of First Bus Bradford, Yorkshire, UK which was CLEARLY the Real Thing (but which some DOUBTING HERETICS believed to be an OWL!) I have decided to clear all such issues up with this conversation. Please post questionable sightings for confirmation of authenticity by the faithful.

I will start you off with this one. A friend of mine who saw the photo on my little free site http://www.freewebs.com/anthonywad_2000/ has sent me this sighting on a fence in Milton Keynes (a rather nasty concrete new town in southern England whose horrible football team are a disgrace but we will let that pass for the moment).

So is this the real thing or is it a HERESY?

Best regards

Goat

--------------------------

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw
Goat Starer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Re: Is this the flying spaghetti monster?

Postby beagle on Mon May 08, 2006 8:33 am

Goat Starer wrote:Following on from the spectacular appearance of the FSM in the leaflet holders of First Bus Bradford, Yorkshire, UK which was CLEARLY the Real Thing (but which some DOUBTING HERETICS believed to be an OWL!)

I still reckon the bus thing is an owl with varicose veins.
How many miracles has the owl done?
Code: Select all
  Loaves and fishes:   0
  Walking on water:    0
  Water into wine:     0
  Raising the dead:    0
  Buses on time:       0
I rest my case.

The other thing is knot the FSM.
beagle
Brewmeister

Postby Goat Starer on Mon May 08, 2006 8:43 am

HERETIC! :mrgreen:
Best regards

Goat

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw
Goat Starer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby beagle on Mon May 08, 2006 8:55 am

Did you really think anyone is going to go on a pilgrimage to Milton Keynes? Nice try, but I reckon your friend is having you on.

Good luck with the miracle hunt.
Beagle.
beagle
Brewmeister

Postby Goat Starer on Mon May 08, 2006 9:07 am

absolutely not! I believe the Flying Spaghetti Monster only appeared there in celebration of the relegation of MK Dons into League 2 of the football league. The Flying Spaghetti Monster understands the dangers of franchising in Uk domestic football (thats the proper word for Soccer for any americans out there) and the influence of his noodly appendage stuck 2 late goals in when they were playing Tranmere Rovers!

This also answers the question about his preffered sport. It is clearly lower league football.

As for the 'owl' I would have to say it is about the clearest image of the FSM that has been presented on this forum. It has noodly appendages, eye stalks and a red patch that can only be meatballs! As for miracles well it had made all the leaflets disappear and the bus in question was ON TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If that aint a miracle I have no idea what is!

I believe we may have a case of geographical jealosy here because the FSM has seen fit to bestow his hallowed presence on Bradford! :worship: :fsm:
Best regards

Goat

Goat Starer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby beagle on Mon May 08, 2006 9:27 am

Goat Starer wrote:I believe we may have a case of geographical jealosy here because the FSM has seen fit to bestow his hallowed presence on Bradford! :worship: :fsm:

Of course there is another interpretation of the portents in these two places. Perhaps cloth caps, whippets, concrete cows and mini-roundabouts are displeasing in the sight of His Noodleyness.
beagle
Brewmeister

Postby Goat Starer on Mon May 08, 2006 9:50 am

surely the expression for the MK sighting would be "sitting on the fence" rather than "writing on the wall". This might imply that the FSM is not yet decided about what to do with Milton Keynes - destroy it utterly with his noodly appendage or look for the one good pastafarian to save BEFORE destroying it utterly with his noodly appendage.

As for the miraculous appearance in Bradford :worship: this was more a case of "in a leaflet holder" than "writing on the wall" possibly indicating that the FSM is the source of true information. Possibly he was also pointing us towards Ozzy Ozbournes famous quotation....

"Being sober on a bus is, like, totally different than being drunk on a bus."
Ozzy Osbourne

Either way I find you lack of faith somewhat disturbing! :wink:
Best regards

Goat

Goat Starer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Mon May 08, 2006 11:07 am

I think it's a very fine sighting and would be willing to create a makeshift shrine around it, if I happened upon it in person.

Makeshift shrine kit:
1) cheap silk flowers
2) candlestubs in jars
3) hand-written notes asking for blessings, healings, etc.
4) can of tomato paste
5) bouquet of basil
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Goat Starer on Mon May 08, 2006 11:19 am

quite right too! I will be requiring my Milton Keynes friend to put together your shrine kit as a matter of urgency and will expect him to submit a photo ASAP. Good to see that (thus far) good sense is prevailing and the ludicrous Owl Heresy is being given short shrift!
Best regards

Goat

Goat Starer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby The Meromorph on Mon May 08, 2006 11:31 am

May I suggest you invite your friend to share a tasty and nutritious meal to discuss the matter.
Perhaps you might also invite any interested owls. I believe they're rather more than somewhat fond of meatballs... :pirate_fish:
Laughing in the rain.
Dancing in the desert sand,
Somersaults through life.
The Meromorph
Sweet Moderation

Location: Sailing away to Vindravan, eating my tears with laughter.

Postby Goat Starer on Mon May 08, 2006 1:04 pm

It is good to see that the "owl heresy" has been firmly stamped out. I think some more work should now be done around the spontaneous appearance of 2 dimensional plane representations of the FSM and the possibility that here He is leaving tantilising clues as to the validity of the "hyper spaghetti Monster" theory.

I will be engaging on a research programme to find out whether the location of apparition has a significance and would welcome additional information from forum users about manifestations on 2d surfaces. particularly location, time, material and if possible a photograph.

results will be published to this forum!
Best regards

Goat

Goat Starer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby beagle on Mon May 08, 2006 1:17 pm

Goat Starer wrote:It is good to see that the "owl heresy" has been firmly stamped out.

O.K. I take it all back. Milton Keynes is the new Lourdes, FSM help us.

I'm just popping out to watch a play until the religious fervour has died down a bit.
beagle
Brewmeister

Postby Goat Starer on Mon May 08, 2006 1:34 pm

excellent play! however I think it might be a bit strong to consider MK a place of pilgrimage on the lourdes model. I think of it more as a roadside shrine that one hardly notices whilst flashing past on the M1!

Bradford, and in particular the First Bus routes in bradford are another matter altogether. As it has been established that their routes form the very IMAGE of His Noodly Appendages it must surely be the duty of all true Pastafarians to travel these hallowed routes at least once in a lifetime! Bradford Interchange at the hub of these where the meatballs meet must surely be considered a holy site!

lots of love,

First Bus and the Bradford Tourist Board :D
Best regards

Goat

Goat Starer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby beagle on Mon May 08, 2006 1:43 pm

Do you make buses or something? There's an air of product placement around this particular divine revelation.
I don't remember the Archangel Gabriel advising the Virgin Mary on particular brands of maternity wear.
beagle
Brewmeister

Postby Goat Starer on Mon May 08, 2006 2:03 pm

indeed he did not (although he did tell her what to call the kid thus propping up a multi billion pound "jesus" industry for 2000 years!) If that aint product placement then what is!

To hold my hand up to a spot of promotion I do work on the regeneration of Bradford and a few Pastafarian tourists would be nice (clearly a view shared by the FSM as he appeared here!). I would imagine a tolerant and benevolent pasta deity would be keen to see the regeneration of Britains deprived, multi racial communities!

My only interest in busses is that they are environmentaly less harmfull than cars. With the decline in the number of Pirates globally causing global warming the FSM clearly has a two prong strategy! more pirates and more bus use! prefferable pirates on busses!

That said I don't care if anyone goes to Milton Keynes at all! it is a dump!
Best regards

Goat

Goat Starer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Next

Return to All Things FSM