Book Tour

Caution! Spoilers abound! If you have not read the book, enter at your own peril.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Book Tour

Postby jrblackwell on Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:41 pm

Hey, anyone know if Bobby will be going on a book tour, and if so, where he might be going?

I'd like to rally the pirates in my area if he's coming to Philadelphia.
jrblackwell
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Moonman on Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:08 pm

Maybe Bobby should lay low for a bit to see if he gets a fatwa placed on him.
Everything you know is wrong... "the positivists" or the "Firesign Theater"
Moonman
Stele Second Mate

Postby Swatopluk on Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:31 pm

Some remarks at the very beginning of the book could actually lead to that. "Funny" distortions of the names of religious texts are not going to endear him to certain people.
Onward noodly pirates!
Bactrian Moose
Swatopluk
Chef Shaman of Hauro Pasta

Postby gaschambergerhart on Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:47 pm

By "certain people", do you mean anti-social para-military paranoid religious psychopaths who can't take a joke? :D Because if that's the case there's nothing to worry about, Bobby'll be fine :wink: .
Go traveler and imitate, if you can, one who strove with all his might to champion liberty.

"People say beauty is only skin deep. Well ugly people say that, and really I wouldn't actually consider them people to begin with." -Iname, the Resplendent
gaschambergerhart
Lumache Lieutenant

Location: In a place I'm not supposed to be, seeing things I know I shouldn't see

Postby Swatopluk on Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:17 am

Some of those can be quite violent and some don't stop with "just" burning books or cars, if you get the notion (e.g.before the last election there were several cases of arsopny against people with the "wrong" campaign sign on their front lawn).
Apart from that, we could lose some decent people, who would sympathize with our cause but are sensitive, when it comes to "serious" religion)
Onward noodly pirates!
Bactrian Moose
Swatopluk
Chef Shaman of Hauro Pasta

Postby gaschambergerhart on Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:37 am

I was thinking ( :x don't think I didn't see that), we should try to get somebody(anybody) on The Daily Show with the book. I know Bobby doesn't want to do any TV interviews, but I'm sure we could get someone else on there, and I'm sure they'd be willing to let someone on. I can't think of any other way that would bring in more followers, since FSM is right up the alley of The Daily Show's audience.

Just a thought.
Go traveler and imitate, if you can, one who strove with all his might to champion liberty.

"People say beauty is only skin deep. Well ugly people say that, and really I wouldn't actually consider them people to begin with." -Iname, the Resplendent
gaschambergerhart
Lumache Lieutenant

Location: In a place I'm not supposed to be, seeing things I know I shouldn't see

Postby Omnieiunium on Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:05 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

??
Omnieiunium
-Original Forum Admin
-Long-time Pastafarian
-Former-Administration Dude with Auntie DD
-Taking a looooooooooooooooooooooong vacation that may never end
Omnieiunium
Site Admin<br>Controls your forum life

Postby Sinoda on Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:03 pm

gaschambergerhart wrote:I was thinking ( :x don't think I didn't see that), we should try to get somebody(anybody) on The Daily Show with the book. I know Bobby doesn't want to do any TV interviews, but I'm sure we could get someone else on there, and I'm sure they'd be willing to let someone on. I can't think of any other way that would bring in more followers, since FSM is right up the alley of The Daily Show's audience.

Just a thought.

I was actually thinking that last night. I would have Auntie go, as she's... a more active member of the community, and it will show that we're all equal. But, hell, I'd be willing to go. That would be so cool.... Of course, the only thing I've ever commited to the forums was a few hours and 2 suggestions..... So I nominate Auntie. She also seems to have the closest connections with Bobby, and the most accurate ideals of the FSM.
What to put here....
Sinoda
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Bindlestiff Books

Postby jrblackwell on Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:17 am

Well, I have some connection with my local, volunteer run bookstore, Bindlestiff Books, and they agreed to host a FSM event with me, a science teacher, and some other guests to talk about the FSM, intellegent design and evolution.

If anyone here is going to be in Philly on April 28th, swing by the Bookstore on 45th and Baltimore Ave.

If anyone comes in pirate gear, I'll give them candy. :D
jrblackwell
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Moonman on Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:43 pm

Pats or Ginos?
Moonman
Stele Second Mate

Postby jrblackwell on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:47 am

Oh dude. Pats. Is there really any contest? :wink:
jrblackwell
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Moonman on Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:26 am

Be there after the Lacrosse Championships... Memorial Day. Yummmmmy!
Moonman
Stele Second Mate

Postby mepper on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:25 am

if we mailed our copy to an anonymous book drop with a prepaid postage return envelope thingie could we perhaps get a copy signed?
mepper
With the FSM

Postby KingLackLuster on Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:24 pm

typical.... or normal?
No Soup for You!

Haha... I'm Back.
:shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish:
dance my minions
KingLackLuster
Agnolini Admiral

Postby mepper on Wed May 03, 2006 5:22 am

well if i mailed it to deedee would she sign it? that would be cool too
mepper
With the FSM

Next

Return to Gospel of FSM Book Discussion