My new Coke addiction

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

My new Coke addiction

Postby Hawk on Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:13 am

*stands up*

Hello... I'm Hawk, and I have a Coke addiction... As long as I could remember, I've been a Coke drinker. It really got bad in high school when I discovered Vanilla Crack er I mean Coke... I've had to kick most of my habit, and switch to Diet in recent times, due to me wanting to keep at least some of my teeth, and be able to see my toes. However: Today, while shopping for a drink and a snack to take to work, I saw Diet Coke w/ Black Cherry and Vanilla... And it's good... I think I'm gonna fall off the wagon again, and make Mrs. Hawk very very angry...

*bites fingernails*
*shakes*
*twitch*
Interesting... This cadaver appears to be breathing and pleading for medical attention...
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
A.K.A. Black William Roberts
Hawk
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:30 am

Diet coke dosen't have sugar. Diet coke DOES have the addictive property, Caffiene.

if mrs hawk has a problem with you drinking Coke, why did you marry her?
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Hawk on Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:10 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:if mrs hawk has a problem with you drinking Coke, why did you marry her?

Well, she CENSORED my CENSORED, and CENSORED CENSORED the CENSORED so well... It just kinda happened after that.

And in all fairness, I did quit smoking, so I kept once vice :)
Interesting... This cadaver appears to be breathing and pleading for medical attention...
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
A.K.A. Black William Roberts
Hawk
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby NeferKa on Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:05 pm

I tried the Black Cherry Vanilla Coke just a few weeks ago. I didn't even know they made it until I saw it in a vending machine recently, and I'm weak so I had to try it! Delicious!

I remember the day that Vanilla Coke came out a few years ago, my husband and I (before we got married) had to drive 40 minutes to a store that carried it, but we were still in high school and didn't have lives, so it was fun. (I grew up in a really small town, and my husband grew up in the country next to the really small town, so we were starved for entertainment.)

Kind of related: Has anyone else tried the Berries and Cream Dr. Pepper? I enjoy it.
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:53 pm

Qwerty: Aspartame's gotta be addictive. Think about it... if you had the choice of developing a) a non-addictive sweetener or b) an addictive sweetener and KNEW it would never be screened for addictive properties, which one would make better business sense?
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:39 pm

fine, caffiene AND aspartame. I likes it, it dosen't kills me, it tastes good, its not illegal!!!!!

the perfect geek drug! which isn't a drug! because its soda! yay for soda!
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:12 pm

Caffeine is the geek drug, but it's all the nasty stuff that goes along with it that makes it bad. Aspartame's bad for the brain fer sure.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:15 pm

caffiene has been scientifically proven to make you think faster and better.

now think of this:

lying down help you think.

chewing gum releases stress.

so, instead of sitting down with nothing to do but take the test of evil in school, we get to lay down outside with caffine and gum. or caffinated gum! brilliant! but methinks someones already made this.... I'll have to buy it sometime.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:18 pm

You can buy it in Korea (it's called Don't Sleep and was designed for long-distance driving); I want to bring a bunch back next time I go.

And I definitely picked up an extra 2-5% on exams and quizzes in college by dropping a little caffeine before the test. Take it easy at your age, though. Might stunt your growth or something.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:23 pm

yeah, the only way I could do that is by drinking alot of coke or barqs before school, but I'd have to get up early to get the yucky taste out of my mouth first. ugh.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:30 pm

I tried getting a good caffeine buzz going on Pepsi once. :?

Bleagh.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:05 pm

coke or barqs definity. pepsis got too much britney spears dancing

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:08 pm

RAMEN to that!
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:12 pm

or should it be Cokemen? barqman?

...RAmen is good...

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Scruffy05 on Fri May 05, 2006 1:27 am

I'm a Pepsi fan myself, but I cannot drink diet drinks. Aspartame SERIOUSLY affects my system. No tjust major gas and bloating but seriously ill as well...

Hey, what else do you expect from a guy who goes ape-caca on demerol... Don't give it to me. I FREAK out. Spinning and yelling ans swearing.

Also morphine makes me feel like I want to die.
- Pull the other one, it's got bells on it.
Scruffy05
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Next

Return to Food