Moderator: All Things Mods
Maruchan wrote:I modify my ramen quite often. I mostly just do simple things, like adding extra seasonings and such to the boiling water/flavoring mixture (I pour in the flavor packet right with the water so it all mixes while boiling). The stuff I've done includes:
Mixed with water & flavoring:
- various varieties of hot sauce/salsa/BBQ sauce (with chicken and beef flavors)
- butter, minced garlic and either ranch dressing or Heluva good brand french onion dip with the Creamy Chicken ramen.
- minced garlic with every ramen flavor I eat.
- soy sauce, A1 teriyaki (and sometimes minced garlic) with Oriental flavor.
- beef cubes or chicken stock with the appropriate beef and chicken flavors.
Ramen without the "ramen juice" (the water/flavor packet combo):
- substituted the ramen juice for pasta sauce w/ beef, mushrooms, garlic & shredded mozzarella and/or parmesan cheese.
- mixed noodles with various cheese-sauce creations.
- served hot noodles with butter, garlic, salt & pepper (I also do this with other types of leftover noodles once the actual pasta sauce runs out). I don't have any olive oil, but I'm sure it would taste good mixing that in as well.
- eaten uncoocked ramen blocks with/without flavor packets & dipped the block in things such as pasta sauce, salsa, cheese-sauce (sometimes with taco sauce & bacos mixed in the cheese), ranch dressing, french onion chip dip, etc...
And depending on what I've got leftover in the fridge I'll also add pieces of leftover beef and chicken with the noodles when cooking appropriate flavors (oriental, chicken, beef, etc) ...I just cut up and microwave the meat before adding it to the otherwise finished bowl of ramen.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest