A question about Him!

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

A question about Him!

Postby Moselure on Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:12 pm

Okey, I know this might be a stupid question but I'd really like to know; Can FSM split himself into two spaghetti monsters if he wanted to?
:fsm_float: = :fsm_float: :fsm_float: ??????
Moselure
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Tickle on Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:19 pm

Good question. If I ever saw two Flying Spaghetti monsters my first thought would be that I had spent too much time in the beer volcano. I think the Noodily Lord would be able to split Himself into two if he really wanted to, the real question is 'could He be bothered?'

Welcome to the forum Moselure!!
Thought of the Day:

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose." ~ Robert Byrne
Tickle
Brewmeister

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:19 pm

As I understand it, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is everywhere all the time, so there's no real need to split himself into individual servings.
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Tickle on Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:06 pm

However, it is a lot more difficult to share the pasta when you can't split it into more than one serving. The way I see it is He can make infinite portions without making every portion smaller everytime he creates another. :fsm:

There are plenty of noodles for everyone anyway - the problem is that the noodles aren't spread evenly throughout the world.
Thought of the Day:

Tickle
Brewmeister

Postby LibraLabRat on Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:17 pm

I have often wondered at this mystery of faith: WHy is it that you either have noodles left over, or sauce and no noodles...but rarely equal portions of each?
'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes."
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby Tickle on Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:31 pm

Maybe it just amuses Him.... :fsm_rock:

Do you mix the noodles and sauce together or do you have a pile of noodles with the sauce on top?
Thought of the Day:

Tickle
Brewmeister

Postby Spatula on Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:35 pm

LibraLabRat wrote:I have often wondered at this mystery of faith: WHy is it that you either have noodles left over, or sauce and no noodles...but rarely equal portions of each?

Similarly, when making sour dough bread, one must use only half of the prepared yeast 'starter', preserving the other half for next time. http://www.io.com/~sjohn/sour.htm

also, its sorta like the olympic torch, or something?
Spatula
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:11 pm

LibraLabRat wrote:I have often wondered at this mystery of faith: WHy is it that you either have noodles left over, or sauce and no noodles...but rarely equal portions of each?

I do not find myself usually with this predicament, I usually lick plates clean of EVERYTHING.

and I mean everything. :mrgreen:
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby darren996 on Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:21 am

That's a shocker... :mrgreen:
Suspicion breeds confidence!
darren996
The Pan

Postby Duke on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:24 am

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:
I do not find myself usually with this predicament, I usually lick plates clean of EVERYTHING.

and I mean everything. :mrgreen:

Do you snarf up your food as well?

I like to eat slow.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:59 pm

I think LLR was referring to when you cook pasta. Often it happens to me that I wind up with a disportionate amount of noodles to sauce. I even have one of those portion dispensers with holes to help you figure out how many noodles to add to the pot, but still I'll wind up with more noodles or more pasta than I intended to make. Of course, we eat it all. That goes without saying.

I agree, I think it's sleight-of-noodly appendage.

Oh- and we always serve the sauce on top, and the shredded parm on top of that. The Drakelette prefers hers tossed with butter.
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Duke on Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:35 pm

I put the pasta sauce on the top, and mix it in, and if I have way too much sauce, I save it. However, I almost never have too much pasta. Don't know why.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby jekka on Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:55 pm

he could if he wanted to but there is no need so i doubt he ever will, i suppose maybe if he was fighting both an army of chef boyardy and atkins both at once.... but.....
jekka
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby iloveemoguysineyeliner on Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:32 pm

I wouldn't know very much on the account i am new to the Faith, but i belive that He could. He's just that good!

<3~Zig
.:: one more nail in the coffin, just one more nail, and its all for you ::.
iloveemoguysineyeliner
Conchigliette Convert

Postby onlinebiker on Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:28 am

Can HE split hisself into two?

I believe he can..

I think I saw him do it once, after ingesting large amounts of Guinness and Glenfiddich.....

I may be mistaken

Biker
>fine print>>>> the management takes no responsibility for the content or conduct of the above posts.... They should not be construed as legal advice, and should not be used as such. Contact your lawyer, and consult with them before taking any advice given on this board......Objects in this mirror, are stranger than they seem...void where prohibited by law... batteries not included... some assembly required....your mileage may vary...
onlinebiker
Ziti Zealot

Next

Return to All Things FSM