Silent Hill (The Movie)

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Silent Hill (The Movie)

Postby Rex-Imperator on Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:55 pm

So in a couple of weeks the new movie for the video game Silent Hill is comming out and the preview has been on TV for a while.

I think this movie is going to rock. I've been a huge fan of the Silent Hill serries (I've played Silent Hill 3 and The Room) and I think that the new movie will be great.

But if they fuck it up I will hunt down the director and remove his eyes, tongue and hands from his body and leave him to die in the middle of nowhere!

J/K! :wink:
Rex-Imperator
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Hawk on Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:10 pm

I've been a Silent Hill fan since I first played it on PS1, in a dark room at night, and scared the crap out of myself. I'll probably go see the movie, but I'm a little hesitant... I mean, they've already changed the protaganist from male to female, so what else did they change? Video Game to Movie transfers have a history of going very very wrong... Will this one buck the trend? I sure hope so...
Interesting... This cadaver appears to be breathing and pleading for medical attention...
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
A.K.A. Black William Roberts
Hawk
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Silent Druid on Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:19 pm

Just be happy Uwe Boll hasn't gotten a hold of it. He got the rights to BloodRayne, which he destroyed...Rayne isn't blonde for one. Hes doing Dead or Alive now, and destroying it as well. In the near future hes also getting his filthy hands on Postal, Hunter, Fear Effect, and Far Cry. So, I fear for our games.

(Luckily, for all Metal Gear Solid fans out there, his claims about getting his hands on the rights to MGS have been proved a lie.)
"Silence is a friend who will never betray." - Confucius
Silent Druid
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Hawk on Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:14 pm

Silent Druid wrote:(Luckily, for all Metal Gear Solid fans out there, his claims about getting his hands on the rights to MGS have been proved a lie.)

I think with all the cinematics, MGS is almost a movie in it's own right... I think the only game I've played with longer cinematics is Final Fantasy X.
Interesting... This cadaver appears to be breathing and pleading for medical attention...
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Hawk
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Silent Druid on Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:14 pm

On that note, they actually do have a movie for MGS3. Its an extra 10 dollars with the new Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence remake, made with cinematics. I got Subsistence, but couldn't find the one with the movie, so I'm out in the cold on that one.

Though I still fear for the games. Fear Factor was a really good game for its time, good graphics too considering the PS1's capabilities. This guy is going to get a hold of it and slaughter it, just like he did with BloodRayne, and just like hes doing with DoA.
Silent Druid
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby forgetmenot on Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:22 pm

All great games... my personal favorite is definitly Diablo II. Its gotta go down in PC RPG history.
forgetmenot
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Silent Druid on Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:29 pm

He isn't getting his hands on Diablo II, luckily.

I tend to get annoyed by video game movies. DOOM for example...movie doesn't hold up against the old classics. But I'm the type who got slightly annoyed when I learned DOOM 3 was on the X Box....its a computer game, its supposed to stay a computer game.
Silent Druid
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Hawk on Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:31 pm

Diablo's story could make a great game, what with all the characters and history, and spooky monsters... A lot of Blizzard's games could make good movies. However, most would end up being crap with lots of pretty special effects, and a completey changed plot with only a few basic things left to tie it to the game, IE Doom... *sigh*
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Hawk
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Silent Druid on Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:14 am

Yeah, the Doom movie was more gore than anything else. Every time I watch the movie, the entire time I'm hoping for something nostalgic. Is it too much to ask to remove one Hell Knight and just toss in an old school Baron of Hell? Maybe a Spider Mastermind?

That and the movie kind of ruined the whole "One Marine, fighting off hell with his trusty Shotgun and BFG." thing the games had going for them.
Silent Druid
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Hawk on Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:20 am

Not that Doom had a huge story to begin with... The plot can pretty much be explained in depth in 5 minutes. Now take a game like Diablo, where there's history, lots of characters, various environments, etc. etc. etc., and there's a real story-line to go with the plot.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Hawk
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Rex-Imperator on Mon May 08, 2006 5:53 pm

I've just seen the movie for Silent Hill last night and I have to tell you I loved it!

Trust me on this, GO SEE THIS MOVIE.

Granted if you haven't played any of the games the storyline might seem a little choppy (and if you have played the games you might hate how they tweaked the storyline) but despite some of the tweaking I was impressed with how the director tried to keep the movie in line with the spirit and the surreal style of the games.

Plus the barbwire scene at the end of the film ROCKED.
Rex-Imperator

Postby Rex-Imperator on Tue May 09, 2006 5:19 pm

Auntie Dee Dee wrote:And i've heard the exact opposite, including a description of the barbed wire at the end as one of the most gratuitously obscene violations of a female ever put on film.

Or did you not catch that part in the general gore?

Like I said, a Great Movie! :D
Rex-Imperator

Postby Rex-Imperator on Wed May 10, 2006 5:04 pm

Auntie Dee Dee wrote:<snip>

Oh good god it's just a movie! Lighten up will ya?

Besides the cult leader in question was the person who had Alessa (a little girl) BURNED ALIVE, I think that being ripped apart by barbed wire shoved througth the vagina was the LEAST that she deserved.
Rex-Imperator

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors