Pizza, Pasta, Meatballs or Subs?

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Pizza, Pasta or Meatballs

PIZZA
28%
PASTA
47%
MEATBALLS
13%
SUBS
13%

Total votes : 32

Postby johngalt on Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:33 pm

I voted meatballs, because they are great alone, and they go well with all of the other options! :fsm_float:
"Giving up is what kills people. It's only when you refuse to give up that you truly transcend your human self." Alucard, Hellsing by Kouta Hirano

Damnant quadnon intelligunt - They condemn what they do not understand.

Sibling Alchemical
johngalt
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Tickle on Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:44 pm

I voted for pasta (with pizza coming in at a close 2nd). There's loads of different types and can have loads of different stuff with it (I like it with avocado, but I'm weird like that). It's also the only thing served at my school which doesn't make the table transparent when you rub it on. I'm not a fan of meatballs or subs.
Thought of the Day:

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose." ~ Robert Byrne
Tickle
Brewmeister

Postby Duke on Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:12 pm

You know what I like? I like sausage (like miniature meatballs) pizza dipped in ranch sauce. :D

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

ewww... ranch

Postby NeferKa on Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:22 pm

Oh, gross, Duke! Do you dip all of your pizza in ranch? I just thought of what that would taste like, and I feel a little ill. :?
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Duke on Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:24 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I like it! :cry:

No, I only dip sausage pizza in sauce.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby NeferKa on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:24 pm

I didn't mean all kinds of pizza; I meant all parts. Either way, I think that's yucky.

I didn't mean to make you cry though, Duke! Just remember, I'm a picky eater, so most foods and food combinations don't taste very pleasant to me. "It's not you; it's me..."
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Duke on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:31 pm

Oh, you got me all up and confused!

Sausages and ranch alone would be gross, I agree.

And, in closing: :D :D :mrgreen: :D :o :roll: :wink: :wink: :D :mrgreen: :D

:fsm_rock:

Duke

:mrgreen:

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Tickle on Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:43 am

I might regret asking this but: What's ranch? :?
Thought of the Day:

Tickle
Brewmeister

Postby Duke on Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:47 pm

Good stuff.

It's hard to believe you don't have it over in England. I bet you would know it if you tried it.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Tickle on Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:32 pm

Possibly - it looks like salad dressing to me.

When my cousins came over from America they had never heard of Branston. I think some foods just don't cross over the pond.
Thought of the Day:

Tickle
Brewmeister

nuts for peanut butter

Postby NeferKa on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:37 pm

About foods not migrating: I had a friend from Italy stay in the States for a year, and she had never had peanut butter before she came here. She loved it though. She was an exchange student, so when she graduated I got her a giant tub of it for her gift to take back home.

(I'd also like to know what branston is as well.)
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Duke on Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:46 am

Let's just hope that everyone, in every corner of the globe, has had pasta. If not, we had better do some enlightening.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Re: Pizza, Pasta, Meatballs or Subs?

Postby Valanthe on Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:09 am

I admit I voted for meatballs, since there are a wide variety of recipes, and they can accompany any of the other three (depending on what recipe you use) at almost any time. That being said, I love pasta, pizza and subs, and surprisingly, Sheetz (which is a convenience store chain) has some decent ones. They had a pepperoni sub for a while, but it only brought to my attention that I can't consume pepperoni in large quantities anymore :( . I used to get the small bags of it at the grocery store just to eat as a snack.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. -Lazarus Long

ImageImage
Here there be dragons
Valanthe
Tortellini Third Mate

Re: Pizza, Pasta, Meatballs or Subs?

Postby Cardinal Fang on Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:43 pm

Although I like pizza, meatballs (in both subs and pasta) and subs, it's got to be pasta for me, in all its divine forms.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Kebapche - a kind of meatball

Postby Andrey Kurtenkov on Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:48 pm

I prefer kebapche - it is Bulgarian specialty, which is made of minced meat and spices and is very similar to the meatball, but has a different shape (another difference between those is that the meat for meatballs has onions in it, which is not true for the kebapche) - it looks like a finger, but is usually longer and thicker and it is always grilled, unlike meatballs which can be also fried.
En mateno de hela ero, per la forĉo de espero, venas viglaj pastafaroj, vere fluganta gefratoj.
Ah, vi flugu, Nia Monstro! Vin observas milionoj serĉiantaj vermiĉeloj, per espero kaj per amo.
Kaj la bona pastafaro post la malfermita pordo, trovos la eternan vivon en pastafara paradizo!
Pastafarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!
Българска пастафарианска църква (Bulgarian Pastafarian Church)
- за прослава на Макаронения Бог :worship: :fsm_float:
Andrey Kurtenkov
Chitarra Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Food