I LIKE FOOD....

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby NeferKa on Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:20 pm

I might be pickier than you, Querty. I can't even stand the smell of popcorn! Yuck.

I do love Italian food the most, and Mexican comes in second. What's funny is that I cannot stand raw tomato or even chunks of it in my food, but most of the foods I love are made with tomatoes. Is anyone else like that?

Weirder yet, I am allergic to tomatoes if I touch them, but I can eat them with no problems. The same goes for me with mint. I can eat it, but if I get any on my skin it burns terribly.
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:31 pm

NeferKa wrote:IWhat's funny is that I cannot stand raw tomato or even chunks of it in my food, but most of the foods I love are made with tomatoes. Is anyone else like that?

Yep, genetically on Dad's side, and we lose the dislike with age. I'm just starting to eat raw tomatoes. Always liked cooked ones.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby NeferKa on Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:14 am

Oh my goodness. I'm not nearly that bad; I just get a nasty rash from touching tomatoes. Are you allergic to other types of food like that, Dee Dee?
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Tue May 16, 2006 6:11 pm

I'm developing a durian addiction, especially for durian milkshakes...

Now that I've discovered that previously frozen durian are tasty (and cheap!) there's going to be trouble. Truly the king of fruits....
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:47 pm

On tonight's agenda:

Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby OZ_Nick on Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:14 pm

Umm, is it just me, or did a whole of of posts just disappear from in here?

Nick
----

Ye may knowe mee better as Cap'n Bluenose
OZ_Nick
Stele Second Mate

Postby Enigma on Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:34 am

Not much for the whole "food"-thing, Im afraid. Never really seen the point, except to stop myself from fainting from lack of nutrition now and then. It's fuel, though it better be quality fuel at those few moments I fill the tank.
Arrogance is bliss
Enigma
Ziti Zealot

Postby Seeker on Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:28 am

I love food, if you've got to have it, you might as well find some way to enjoy it. I love Italian and French food (don't get much french though, most of the French food over here is mixed with other styles). Not too picky about meals unless it comes to breakfast, nothing beats eggs benedict for breakfast, which means I don't have breakfast at home unless I need to. Hate cereal...
Seeker
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Poincare's Stepchild on Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:55 pm

My neighbor just gave me a big bag of assorted fresh peppers. Straight from the garden. Yummmmm.
Reading is Knowledge
Knowledge is Power
Power Corrupts
Corruption is a Crime
Crime doesn't Pay

So...If you read, you will go broke.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :fsm:

TTFN
Poincare's Stepchild
Lord of Linguini

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:08 pm

Seeker wrote:I love food, if you've got to have it, you might as well find some way to enjoy it. I love Italian and French food (don't get much french though, most of the French food over here is mixed with other styles). Not too picky about meals unless it comes to breakfast, nothing beats eggs benedict for breakfast, which means I don't have breakfast at home unless I need to. Hate cereal...

I'm a fan of Asian food in general, or anything else with big bold flavours and some heat to it.

Gotta nitpick on the eggs bennie, though.... LOBSTER Eggs Benedict is the top dog. Made that one for the Goddess's birthday breakfast-in-bed a couple of years ago. Same recipe, with lobster tails instead of ham.

Breakfast is usually my least favorite meal, and consists of fruit and bread of some sort most days. I prefer substantial meals, and most decent breakfast foods are too heavy. A perfect breakfast is leftovers from the previous night's dinner.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Cricket on Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:48 pm

I discovered the anti-food the other day (like anti-matter, only quieter...). Baskin-Robbins makes these little marshmallow (sugar covered, like peeps) ice cream cone candy things, they were a dollar at the Dollar Store. So of course I had to buy a bag. Three of us sat around and ate them all, all the while muttering that they were the most disgusting, un-food-like, junkiest junk food we'd ever encountered. the anti-food.

We decided not to be ashamed of ourselves, we considered it a public service to remove the things from the face of the earth. I think my blood sugar is still screwed up.
Empusa's crew, so naked-new they may not face the fire,
But weep that they bin too small to sin to the height of their desire,
(Kipling)
Cricket
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Grey on Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:59 pm

I see.
I don't eat breakfast, usually. Just a cup of coffee for me, unless one of my parental units goes to the trouble of making an actual breakfast.

Asain foods, and mexican, those are my main types. And Italian, but not nearly as often. My area has every kind of resturant imaginable, and it's mostly authentic, so we get the real stuff as often as possible. :D
The revolution has abandoned you. You're on your own now.

The Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt not get caught.

fueledbycoffee wrote:America has a long and hallowed tradition of irrational tax evasion and belligerence. We are the national equivalent of the Nac Mac Feegle. And we're the leaders of the free world. Damn, now I've scared myself shitless.
Grey
Farfalle First Mate

Postby SauceBeUponYe on Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:50 am

of course pasta is my favorite food, followed by any italian then indian and mexican, then english, then chinese. yum yum. :D
:worship: :fsm_float:
The Great Papal Patriarch and Dalai Lama and Pirate of His Holy Appendage
SauceBeUponYe
Ziti Zealot

Postby ChowMein on Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:19 am

Damn ! For some reason at 12:26 am , I must have something to eat .
Quote :" ARRR! GAGAGAGA ! , ...de sailin' loife fer me. ARR! GAGAGAGAGa....arr gagaga.....a...". (Popeye The Sailor)
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Re: I LIKE FOOD....

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:24 am

Dr. Otis Lansa wrote:.....FOOD IS GOOD! :fsm_rock:

I concur.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

PreviousNext

Return to Food