Pizza, Pasta, Meatballs or Subs?

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Pizza, Pasta or Meatballs

PIZZA
28%
PASTA
47%
MEATBALLS
13%
SUBS
13%

Total votes : 32

Pizza, Pasta, Meatballs or Subs?

Postby His Worshipper on Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:46 pm

What do you think is better?
Ok, i know Pasta and Meatballs are sacred, but go down to your heart and tell the truth about which of them is better....
Don't just misgudge Pizza and Subs because their not Pastafarian.
Just say what is truth full.
:worship: the FSM!
His Worshipper
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:08 pm

what can I say, I'm a pizza man!
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby ChowMein on Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:10 pm

Subs can be more nutritious (bad word?).
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Postby SpisBoy on Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:23 pm

I'm with Qwerty on this one. It's time to think about letting pizza into your life. :D
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Arrrgh!" -Piraticus 13:7

http://home.earthlink.net/~meximiliano/
SpisBoy
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby His Worshipper on Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:39 pm

Come on people!
Subs can be VERY healthy, or they can be very UN-healthy. I like em' with breaded chicken and olives, onions, pickles, cheese, mayo, peppers, lettuce, and all that junk!
Yum Yum!
:fsm_rock:
:worship: the FSM!
His Worshipper
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby SpisBoy on Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:06 pm

No one has voted for pasts. We're a pretty pathetic group of Pastafarians. :cry:
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Arrrgh!" -Piraticus 13:7

http://home.earthlink.net/~meximiliano/
SpisBoy
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:10 am

I think its because pastas are a given.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Al Dante on Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:26 am

Yarr, subs be VERY unhealthy, when they're a-firin' torpeeders at yer pirate ship.

And they be long, hard, and full o' seamen. Not me taste atall, exceptin' when I be desperate.

- immorAL
Al Dante
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:38 am

*cringe*

I'm just gonna go over here and eat pizza...

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:36 pm

In order, from favorite to 4th favorite, it goes like this:

Pasta (for it's infinite variety.) Meatballs go in the Pasta category.
Pizza,
Subs.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:33 pm

I'm with Duke, pasta first for versatility.

Meatballs are a component, and optional at that. That's like asking if trucks, cars, SUVs or thumping stereos are the best.

Pizza gets a second to pasta, for near-equal versatility, and is NOT limited to tomato sauce, cheese, and ground-up animal bits. There's a great pizza place that does a tasty olive oil, red onion, capers and lox pizza...

Subs suffer from the shame brought on by chain shops, even more so than pizza. Banh Mi are a different story... Vietnamese subs are THE BEST and are the core of my second step to take over the world with food...
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Duke on Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:37 pm

Dr. Otis Lansa wrote: Vietnamese subs are THE BEST and are the core of my second step to take over the world with food...

:o :o :o

I am simply in love with Vietnamese subs! Also, Mexican sandwiches called tortas are divine. Some could be classified as subs, but it depends.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Duke on Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:48 pm

The first two you can find in San Francisco, but I don't know about the Po' Boys.

SF has great, diverse cuisine as well.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby NeferKa on Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:44 am

I voted for pasta. My husband and I eat it all the time: mostly spaghetti, with chicken alfredo in second, followed by various other types. Pizza is good too, but I only like cheese pizza. Sometimes with black olives, but I just don't like other toppings. Oddly enough, I like cold pepperoni; I just don't like it cooked. So, when I'm making pizza I'll eat the pepperoni before it goes in the oven. Meatball subs are great too.
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:20 pm

for pizza I only eat cheese or pepperoni. although I occasionaly dissect it.

eat da pepperoni. den da cheese. den da sauce. den da breads.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Next

Return to Food