Note for Bobby

Caution! Spoilers abound! If you have not read the book, enter at your own peril.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Note for Bobby

Postby KingLackLuster on Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:15 pm

In the book, the FSM is constantly said to go through normal matter easily. Since He is the FSM, would he not go through all matter easily, as He created the matter? Don't mean to nitpick, just recitfy a burning question to me.
No Soup for You!

Haha... I'm Back.
:shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish:
dance my minions
KingLackLuster
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Alpaca on Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:49 pm

The question is there to test your faith.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby KingLackLuster on Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:54 pm

Alpaca wrote:The question is there to test your faith.

as I assumed. I believe that he goes through all matter easily....
No Soup for You!

Haha... I'm Back.
:shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish: :shellfish:
dance my minions
KingLackLuster
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Al Dante on Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:14 pm

Perhaps Bose-Einstein condensates get tangled in His noodles.

- hypotheticAL
Al Dante
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby KingLackLuster on Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:49 pm

Or He could just will them out
No Soup for You!

Haha... I'm Back.
dance my minions
KingLackLuster
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:19 pm

They all untangle in the upper dimensions. It's the Noodle/AntiNoodle annihiliations that cause trouble....
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Re: Note for Bobby

Postby Xargon on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:02 am

KingLackLuster wrote:In the book, the FSM is constantly said to go through normal matter easily. Since He is the FSM, would he not go through all matter easily, as He created the matter? Don't mean to nitpick, just recitfy a burning question to me.

It just occurred to me that the open letter states: "He is of course invisible and can pass through normal matter with ease". This is not to say He cannot pass through exotic matter; it is just a more difficult process.
Reflections, Ideas, and Schemes
The science you don't know looks like magic.
Xargon
Ziti Zealot

Postby Al Dante on Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:39 pm

I don't understand the relevance of the fact that He created all matter, when considering how easy (or otherwise) He can pass through it. It does imply (though it doesn't prove) that He could destroy any matter that was giving Him trouble, but if he must do so to pass through it, that doesn't really sound like passing "through it with ease." (Even if the destruction of the matter in front of Him, and the re-creation of the same matter after He has passed through it, is actually easy for Him, that's not quite the same as "passing through" even if we humble mortals could not tell the difference.)

If I build a house, it doesn't mean that I can walk through its walls with ease, does it? Not if I've done a good job building.

So the fact that the FSM can pass through normal matter with ease has nothing to do with the fact that the FSM created the matter. It's because of the nature of the matter and the Noodliness of the FSM. So we have no logical basis to determine whether He can pass through exotic matter (anti-matter, negative-mass matter, Bose-Einstein condensate, metallic hydrogen, black holes, unobtanium, cosmic strings, etc.) with ease, with difficulty, or not at all.

- empiricAL
Al Dante
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby jdogmoney on Sat May 13, 2006 12:33 am

Dr. Otis Lansa wrote:They all untangle in the upper dimensions. It's the Noodle/AntiNoodle annihiliations that cause trouble....

Isn't it always?
The name...

jdogmoney is a misnomer. It's a little inside joke I've had going for a while, mocking all of the people who claim to be "street". I know, I know, it's not that funny, but...
jdogmoney
Ziti Zealot

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Sat May 13, 2006 5:33 pm

Not anymore. We've made considerable progress on the matter in the past few days....
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby dutch convert on Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:57 am

I have been studying this and I think the trouble with "ease" lies in the fact that something being easy or hard is merely a human notion.

If we go to the world of the octopuss. (somewhat noodly-er than we are) we can perhaps see a better understanding of what is told in the gospel.
The octopus can clearly easily move through water while retaining its original form. While passing through other sctuctures he requires a bit of shape-adjustment. This can be considered as to be less easy (not to the octopus of course)

Back to the FSM, it can be argued that He only made a comparison to His ability to pass through normal matter with ease while we are posed with a lot of difficulties... like friction etc. Perhaps He even included this to try and elucidate this principle to us since we are currently unable to fully comprehend other types of matter.
dutch convert
Ziti Zealot

Postby KingLackLuster on Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:30 pm

i think he has a good point
No Soup for You!

Haha... I'm Back.
dance my minions
KingLackLuster
Agnolini Admiral

Postby blackeyedbutch on Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:44 pm

KingLackLuster wrote:In the book, the FSM is constantly said to go through normal matter easily. Since He is the FSM, would he not go through all matter easily, as He created the matter? Don't mean to nitpick, just recitfy a burning question to me.

i think this means he just can't go through himself

PAID FOR BY THE COMMITEE TO HELP PROTECT THE HOMELESS FROM ZOMBIE INVASIONS
blackeyedbutch
Agnolini Admiral

Postby MyCatsDrool on Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:29 pm

Why is anyone questioning the Great Noodly Creator? He can pass through whatever He wants, whenever He wants, however He wants. He created matter to keep us entertained because He is a Great Pasta.

Do not question. He is the Divine Sauced One. :twisted:

:worship: :fsm:
I am pasta, therefore I am.
MyCatsDrool
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Modus Ponens on Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:48 pm

We may never know.

The FSM works in mysterious ways...
Modus Ponens
Conchigliette Convert

Next

Return to Gospel of FSM Book Discussion