WARNING: New MAJOR attack on FSM-ID

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby ArchaeoloWench on Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:05 am

Dude don't attack his religion
It is not truly fair to say all christians are liars now is it, I mean their religion is actualy a good thing it teaches morals and values so please don't rag on others religions.

I wasn't ragging his religion. I was ragging on the behavior of the proponents of ID displayed during that trail. There is a BIG difference. Most Christians are nice people, even those that really want ID taught in public schools. I believe they are wrong, but hell, everyone is wrong about something, even me.

What I was ragging about was the methods used by the people who started the trouble in Dover (the school board members) and the people who used them to try to get ID forced into science class against the will of the science teachers. Their behavior was reprehensible.
If religious beliefs could be proven scientifically they would be science....and nobody would believe them.
_____Stephan Colbert
ArchaeoloWench
Conchigliette Convert

Postby EarthRise on Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:17 pm

ArchaeoloWench wrote:
It is not truly fair to say all christians are liars now is it, I mean their religion is actualy a good thing it teaches morals and values so please don't rag on others religions.

I wasn't ragging his religion. I was ragging on the behavior of the proponents of ID displayed during that trail. There is a BIG difference. Most Christians are nice people, even those that really want ID taught in public schools. I believe they are wrong, but hell, everyone is wrong about something, even me.

What I was ragging about was the methods used by the people who started the trouble in Dover (the school board members) and the people who used them to try to get ID forced into science class against the will of the science teachers. Their behavior was reprehensible.

Then there really is no point to be ragging on MPT. He can't answer for IDers any more than you can.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby ArchaeoloWench on Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:29 pm

EarthRise wrote:
ArchaeoloWench wrote:

Then there really is no point to be ragging on MPT. He can't answer for IDers any more than you can.

Once again, I was not ragging on MPT either.
If religious beliefs could be proven scientifically they would be science....and nobody would believe them.
_____Stephan Colbert
ArchaeoloWench
Conchigliette Convert

Postby lordpunkmonk on Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:59 pm

ArchaeoloWench wrote:
EarthRise wrote:
ArchaeoloWench wrote:

Once again, I was not ragging on MPT either.

dude pointing out that it was the religious people who lied under oath is differant than saying the supporters of ID lied under oath

MPT, notice that these "religious" people were perfectly willing to lie under oath to further their cause. What ever happened to Thou shalt not bear false witness ? What the hell kind of "faith" is that? What about the man who committed vandalism? What about all those "good Christians" who were sending death threats? As far as I know, nobody on the defendants side got death threats. Funny, isn't it, that all the "atheists" that they claim have no morals managed to go to trial without lying, cheating, or stealing anything.

all the stuff in bold was attacking christians
--LPM lord of the apocalypse
"The man with a clear conscience probably has a poor memory." --Lawrence J. Peter
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321
lordpunkmonk
Shaman of Ramen

Postby PantyGnawer on Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:09 pm

MPT, notice that these "religious" people were perfectly willing to lie under oath to further their cause. What ever happened to Thou shalt not bear false witness ? What the hell kind of "faith" is that? What about the man who committed vandalism? What about all those "good Christians" who were sending death threats? As far as I know, nobody on the defendants side got death threats. Funny, isn't it, that all the "atheists" that they claim have no morals managed to go to trial without lying, cheating, or stealing anything.

The stuff in bold was not attacking christians or MPT's beliefs, but rather the actions of a subset of christians.

Get off her case or Pm a mod if you really feel that some infraction has occured.
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby lordpunkmonk on Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:12 pm

PirateGuy wrote:

The stuff in bold was not attacking christians or MPT's beliefs, but rather the actions of a subset of christians.

Get off her case or Pm a mod if you really feel that some infraction has occured.

dude I don't pm moderators over small things that would be a waste of their time I am just saying that maybe she should have thought out how she said it and instead of saying christians say proponents of intelegent design
"The man with a clear conscience probably has a poor memory." --Lawrence J. Peter
lordpunkmonk
Shaman of Ramen

Postby PantyGnawer on Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:28 pm

lordpunkmonk wrote:dude I don't pm moderators over small things that would be a waste of their time I am just saying that maybe she should have thought out how she said it and instead of saying christians say proponents of intelegent design

While its true that not all IDers are christians, I think its fair to say that a huge proportion of American IDers are christians.

If you know anything about the Dover case, you'll know that one of the things that helped Judge Jones decide the case, was that board members were on record referring to biblical literalism, creationism, and god in the context of the evolution debate. They then tried to say on the stand that the push for ID had nothing to do with their religion, but rather science.

These were clearly christian IDers, and they clearly lied.
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby lordpunkmonk on Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:54 pm

PirateGuy wrote:
lordpunkmonk wrote:dude I don't pm moderators over small things that would be a waste of their time I am just saying that maybe she should have thought out how she said it and instead of saying christians say proponents of intelegent design

While its true that not all IDers are christians, I think its fair to say that a huge proportion of American IDers are christians.

If you know anything about the Dover case, you'll know that one of the things that helped Judge Jones decide the case, was that board members were on record referring to biblical literalism, creationism, and god in the context of the evolution debate. They then tried to say on the stand that the push for ID had nothing to do with their religion, but rather science.

These were clearly christian IDers, and they clearly lied.

true but I aam holding fast to my opinion and I will respect yours
lordpunkmonk
Shaman of Ramen

Postby PantyGnawer on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:01 pm

I have found a torrent!

It could be a fake though. Its only a week old and it doesn't have many seeds/peers, so it may take me a little while to download. It says its a DVD rip.

I'll post back and let you know if its real (I hope! Many lulz for me tonight!).

PM for torrent link if interested!
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Demonstrations in front of Expelled?

Postby pbasch on Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:39 pm

I don't think it is enough to discuss this here in the safety of this group. We have to get up off our noodly asses and PROTEST! Christian-ID is trying to force us out! We need to hoist holy banners of the FSM wherever this movie is being played! We need brochures, and a speil, and to be unswervingly gracious and polite, and WEAR TIES! And the women of course must cover elbows and knees. AND (very important) we should hand out coupons to a local Italian restaurant. Preferably not an Olive Garden, because they suck. Thanks.
pbasch
Conchigliette Convert

Previous

Return to The Cause