School Religion

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby lordpunkmonk on Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:52 am

you probably shouldn't hand out brochures unless the people who you hand them out to are doing the same thing
--LPM lord of the apocalypse
"The man with a clear conscience probably has a poor memory." --Lawrence J. Peter
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321
lordpunkmonk
Shaman of Ramen

Postby Pirate Bard on Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:08 am

I don't know if you can get in trouble at first, but you can quite legally be asked to stop, and if you don't THEN you could get into serious trouble.

So, I'd say, unless your school promotes other religious after-school programs or clubs, don't do it. If your school DOES allow for the promotion of religious after-school programs or clubs, then you could try to start one for Pastafarians. Just be careful and err on the side of caution when it comes to trying to spread the word of His Noodliness in a public school.

(I assume you are a student, not a teacher, and are in a public school, not a college. If you're a teacher, you could loose your job over it. If you're in college, I doubt you'd run into much trouble.)
The Pirate Bard

If a man means me no offense and I am offended, I am a fool. If a man means me offense and I am offended, I am still a fool.

"I am weary of chickens. How they look up at us with their small eyes as though we were unimportant." - Pablo Naruda
"Well they do. And we are. It's just hard to take it from a damn chicken!" - Greg Brown
Pirate Bard
Ziti Zealot

Postby Suzuka on Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:45 pm

On a simmilar note, I put up small flyers and have had them torn down by some teachers, despite it being allowed in the school
Suzuka
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Moral Minority on Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:54 am

The teachers are Nazi agents of Saudi America where you go to Jesus camp every year and atheists are burned at the stake.
Moral Minority
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Cardinal Fang on Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:40 am

Suzuka wrote:On a simmilar note, I put up small flyers and have had them torn down by some teachers, despite it being allowed in the school

Under the 1st Ammendement, surely they're not allowed to do that?

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Wawizzle on Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:26 pm

I told my friend about how I was passing out my business card at my school and he told me that its illegal to solicit on the property.

Religion, however, is not selling anything (materialistic). My personal school, so I've heard, has a bible club, so I should be able to create the Pastafarian Club next year with enough signatures.

Schools vary on the rules so it would be up to you to find out how you can legally promote His noodliness.
Wawizzle
Sorcerer of Sauce

Return to The Cause