Pirates Against Global Warming

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Pirates Against Global Warming

Postby Sorceror on Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:50 pm

I have to say, although I'm not a true FSM convert, FSM really appeals to me for a few reasons:

1) The "I'd really rather you don'ts" are already aligned to my personal beliefs. No other religion even gets close.
2) Having not yet heard of the FSM, I posted this image in August, 2005 on deviantart: http://man-in-shack.deviantart.com/art/Pirate-Yarr-21925041 . It seems that this reflects my stance against global warming (that something must be done).
3) For as long as I can remember, possibly even all my life, my family has served spaghetti bolognese once a week, normally on Tuesdays. Although it has no meatballs and is vegetarian (for mum's benefit), it certainly seems to be quite a coincidence.

Now that the introduction is over:

I'm not sure if anyone else has suggested this, but what about a charity called Pirates Against Global Warming? It could run events for Pastafarians and other pirate enthusiasts to get together and be piratey, and raise money to go to research and implementation of renewable energy such as solar or wind power. What do you guys think? :)
Sorceror
Conchigliette Convert

Return to The Cause