:( So... Today.. :(

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

here is the discussion thread in the local paper

Postby Mobzilla on Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:43 am

here is the discussion thread in the local paper that picked up the story.

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/ashev ... 2#lastPost

We need to show our support! The poor kid's parents are christian, and are giving him no support. Let's all post in the local paper's discussion thread and show our support.

RAmen

:pirate_fish:
Mobzilla
Conchigliette Convert

Postby blackeyedbutch on Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:37 am

damn this is starting to go big. Funny to read the comments of those who don't agree with us, and even more so the one's who just think this is for attention

PAID FOR BY THE COMMITEE TO HELP PROTECT THE HOMELESS FROM ZOMBIE INVASIONS
blackeyedbutch
Agnolini Admiral

Postby MPTrooper on Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:32 am

blackeyedbutch wrote:damn this is starting to go big. Funny to read the comments of those who don't agree with us, and even more so the one's who just think this is for attention

It IS just for the attention. Sucks the kid doesn't have anything better to do with his time.
MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper on Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:37 am

Double post for twice the fun! Someone x this
MPTrooper

Postby blackeyedbutch on Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:59 pm

Now you're assuming you know what goes on in Brian's head?

blackeyedbutch
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Zankou on Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:20 pm

Mp, your just pisssed because you lost the CHRINOS battle. Don't take it out on Brian...you may not agree with him, but the fact is his school violated his rights as an individual...

If you were in...Afghanistan, for instance...and were attending a public school, chances are they would object to your cross (I'm assuming you wear one, if not, I'm assuming you at least wear a medal for St. George, St. Joan of Arc, or St. Sebastian, they being the patron saint's of soldiers.)
And i don't know as much about their constitution as the ones in North America, but chances are it isn't against their's(if they have even have one) so you wouldn't get to wear them.

But in the U.S., and in Canada, we are given the right to religious individuality, and so it's his prerogative to wear whatever religious symbol he wants.

If you have a problem, stop posting in this thread.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
--Adam Savage, Mythbusters

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!"
--Sir Walter Scott, Marmion, Canto vi. Stanza 17.

"Take what you can!", "Give nothing back!"
--Pirates of the Caribbean

Zankou, Vice Fuhrer of The Grammar Nazis.

Click here!
Zankou
Brewmeister

Postby MPTrooper on Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:27 pm

Zankou wrote:Mp, your just pisssed because you lost the CHRINOS battle.

Holy crap ya figured me out!

Don't take it out on Brian...you may not agree with him, but the fact is his school violated his rights as an individual...

No they didn't. He's a foolish Highschooler who was disrupting class. The kid, if I understood correctly, is an Atheist therefore he doesn't HAVE a religion.

I honestly dispise idiots like him. It seems to me that because they don't believe or have faith they must ruin it for everyone. I wonder what argument he used to support his position?

"If I can't wear my eyepatch I demand Christians not wear their cross!"

I hope I'm wrong, I honestly do.

If you were in...Afghanistan, for instance...and were attending a public school, chances are they would object to your cross (I'm assuming you wear one, if not, I'm assuming you at least wear a medal for St. George, St. Joan of Arc, or St. Sebastian, they being the patron saint's of soldiers.)
And i don't know as much about their constitution as the ones in North America, but chances are it isn't against their's(if they have even have one) so you wouldn't get to wear them

Hey smart guy? If I was in afghanistan, I'd most likely be Muslum. Why in the hell would I wear a Christian symbol if that wasn't my faith?

But in the U.S., and in Canada, we are given the right to religious individuality, and so it's his prerogative to wear whatever religious symbol he wants.

Unless it's being disruptive to class. You go school to learn smart ass, not cause a "political movement"

Yeah ok. I'll get on that.

Oh yeah, before I leave remember this

· Q: Are you people for real?

A: Yes. We're real people.
· Q: Seriously.

A: Yes. We all fervently believe that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster, who designed it to appear older than it really was, and make it look like it worked in ways similar to logical conjectures made on overwhelming observable evidence, but actually wasn't, and actually didn't, because He ultimately controls it all with His Noodly Appendage!
· Q: Really?

A: [Audible Elipses]
MPTrooper

Postby Fatwalrus on Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:13 pm

ohh, thank you for your support mpt...
I'm a Christian: I worship Chris.
Fatwalrus
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby MPTrooper on Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:24 pm

Fatwalrus wrote:ohh, thank you for your support mpt...

Try not to sound as if you're entitled to anything.

Let's hear it from the horses mouth so to speak. Why did you cause such an uproar? What was your goal in all of this?
MPTrooper

Postby Zankou on Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:20 pm

MPTrooper wrote:No they didn't. He's a foolish Highschooler who was disrupting class. The kid, if I understood correctly, is an Atheist therefore he doesn't HAVE a religion.

It wasn't being disruptive....he said he sat through about 6 classes, and noone said anything...it was Cooley(i think that was the name)

MPTrooper wrote:dispise

ya, well i despise bad spellers

"If I can't wear my eyepatch I demand Christians not wear their cross!"

I hope I'm wrong, I honestly do.

You are..about everything except the fact that your cross is better than my eyepatch....

And i don't know as much about their constitution as the ones in North America, but chances are it isn't against their's(if they have even have one) so you wouldn't get to wear them

Hey smart guy? If I was in afghanistan, I'd most likely be Muslum. Why in the hell would I wear a Christian symbol if that wasn't my faith?

hey smart guy....what if you were just living there?

Unless it's being disruptive to class. You go school to learn smart ass, not cause a "political movement"

IT WASN"T DISRUPTIVE!!!!

Yeah ok. I'll get on that.

Oh yeah, before I leave remember this

· Q: Are you people for real?

A: Yes. We're real people.
· Q: Seriously.

A: Yes. We all fervently believe that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster, who designed it to appear older than it really was, and make it look like it worked in ways similar to logical conjectures made on overwhelming observable evidence, but actually wasn't, and actually didn't, because He ultimately controls it all with His Noodly Appendage!
· Q: Really?

A: [Audible Elipses]

that's not the point....the point is that they were denying him the right to his own religion....as the above quote says, we ALL don't really believe in the FSM, it is just a protest, but....do you know Brian personally? Ever stop and think that, maybe, just maybe he and a few others actually do?

Click here!
Zankou
Brewmeister

Postby blackeyedbutch on Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:44 pm

MPTrooper wrote:

So in other words your saying that you don't personally have faith in God you only put your faith in God because either, thats the way you were raised and would never dare question your all-knowing parents, or you just fallow the mainstream beliefe and are incapable of thinking for yourself?

blackeyedbutch
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Zankou on Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:45 pm

that's another way of looking at it....although, in all fairness, Allah and YHWH are the same guy, its just the rules that differ.

Click here!
Zankou
Brewmeister

Postby MPTrooper on Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:04 am

Blackeyedbuthch

So in other words your saying that you don't personally have faith in God you only put your faith in God because either, thats (that’s) the way you were raised and would never dare question your all-knowing parents, or you just fallow the mainstream beliefe (belief) and are incapable of thinking for yourself?

No. In fact you lost all rights to receive a response from me on this thread because of the sheer amount of stupid in that one paragraph. How is it stupid?

Would you still be an Atheist if you were born in Iraq?

By the way, no one has yet told me if this kid is or is not (or was as the case may be) an Atheist.
MPTrooper

Postby Zankou on Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:06 am

hmm...yeah, cuz i am me...as god put it...

*im actually not an atheist, just stating a fact*

Click here!
Zankou
Brewmeister

Postby blackeyedbutch on Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:08 am

MPTrooper wrote:
No. In fact you lost all rights to receive a responce from me on this thread because of the sheer amount of stupid in that one paragraph. How is it stupid?

In other words you give up just like you did on CHRINOS

MPTrooper wrote:Would you still be an Atheist if you were born in Iraq?

yes but Iraq wasn't the country we were talking about now was it?

MPTrooper wrote:By the way, no one has yet told me if this kid is or is not (or was as the case may be) an Athiest.

sorry we felt no need to tell you for it is clear that he is a Pastafarian

RAmen

blackeyedbutch
Agnolini Admiral

PreviousNext

Return to The Cause