:( So... Today.. :(

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby blackeyedbutch on Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:18 am

good you need to post the article whe it is made can't wait to read that

PAID FOR BY THE COMMITEE TO HELP PROTECT THE HOMELESS FROM ZOMBIE INVASIONS
blackeyedbutch
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Trilom on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:33 am

now, our local news station is doing a story on it. :D
Trilom
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Trilom on Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:28 pm

so now
Venganza is doing a story on it
WLOS (local news) is doing a story on it, and its goign to be on tonight at 530
and the local news paper Asheville Citizens Times is doing a story too on it, which will be in tomarrows paper, a photographer is on his way to get my picture
:D
Trilom

Postby PantyGnawer on Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:16 pm

Ha ha fricking brilliant! I told you they would take it up. Asheville is super liberal and rules (I'm in NC and reap the benefits of Ashevilles headiness all the time), this should be a big thing out there.

Is there any way that you can tape that news story and put it on youTube?

Link us to the newspaper article tomorrow, and we'll get it up on Digg. If we give it a catchy title I have no doubt that it'll shoot up to the front page, giving us a potential audience of millions.

Do you have a copy of the gospel to show to the reporters? If you can, print a copy of the global warming graph and a few brochures. Try to be as serious as possible.

This frickin rules! May his noodle be with you!
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby MPTrooper on Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:21 pm

So if I understand this correctly...

An Atheist pretends to follow a fake religion. Instead of following the rules of the school he makes a bitch fit and is now bringing it to court or just getting a news story out of it...

Am I right or did I miss something in all of this?
MPTrooper

Postby PantyGnawer on Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:25 pm

Pretty much right there MP, except for the heathenous "fake" comment.

Grand aint it! Brought to you by your friendly local upity atheists!

Ha HA!
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby Trilom on Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:48 pm

I'm not sure if i can get it on Youtube or something like that, I can defitally tape it, and I'll also try to get it recorded, I'm going to start working on that now, I'll have to take my computer apart and put in this Cable Card I have...
Trilom

Postby PantyGnawer on Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:08 pm

Either way would be great! If you can only tape it, you can get an adapter so that you can download it to your comp, for about $30. We gotta see that video!
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby blackeyedbutch on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:24 pm

MPTrooper wrote:So if I understand this correctly...

An Atheist pretends to follow a fake religion. Instead of following the rules of the school he makes a bitch fit and is now bringing it to court or just getting a news story out of it...

No MP this is about being able to express your religon, and I don't know about his school but mine says nothing about eyepatches in the dress code, nor sash cloth belts. How would you like it if you were in school and they told you that you can't wear a cross, actually crosses are a bit more offencive than eye patches because a cross was a barbaric exacution device before it became a religious symbol, and i dont think many would like it if you wore a guillotine or noose pendant to school so why should your exacution device be any different? If we of the Pastafarian faith can't wear our eye patches then you whouldn't be allowed to wear crosses in schools, or any other sign of religion.

blackeyedbutch
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Trilom on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:28 pm

blackeyedbutch wrote:
MPTrooper wrote:So if I understand this correctly...

No MP this is about being able to express your religon, and I don't know about his school but mine says nothing about eyepatches in the dress code, nor sash cloth belts. How would you like it if you were in school and they told you that you can't wear a cross, actually crosses are a bit more offencive than eye patches because a cross was a barbaric exacution device before it became a religious symbol, and i dont think many would like it if you wore a guillotine or noose pendant to school so why should your exacution device be any different? If we of the Pastafarian faith can't wear our eye patches then you whouldn't be allowed to wear crosses in schools, or any other sign of religion.

Mine says nothing about eyepatches, or anything of the sort.
and for the rest, RAmen!
Trilom

Re: :( So... Today.. :(

Postby blackeyedbutch on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:35 pm

after typing a responce to your last post thinking you were talking about your story i then realised you were talking about your dress code

blackeyedbutch
Agnolini Admiral

Postby PantyGnawer on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:37 pm

What'll be funny is when Trilom walks in to a branch, scratches his cornea, and has to wear one of those big ass badages over his eye for two weeks!

The school officials would think he's messing with them.
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby blackeyedbutch on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:40 pm

i was thinking the walking into a stick would end up a joke about depth perseption while wearing an eye patch maybe WLOS has a live web feed or atleast a written article of their stories

blackeyedbutch
Agnolini Admiral

Postby blackeyedbutch on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:04 pm

i just finished emailing WLOS here it is:

Hello, I'm a dedicated Pastafarian and through Brian Killian I have heard that you may be airing a report about his school denying him his 1st Amendment right. We at Venganza.org have been fallowing his story for a few days now and many of us will agree that Pastafarianism is as serious a religon to us as anyother religon is to it's fallowers, and I say many because some only get on the sight to tell us that our faith is rediculous. I have recently been through the same situation as Mr. Killian except, because of my good reputation among teachers, wasn't put to the same punishment. Every Friday is said to be a holiday in Pastafarianism because it is the day that life was put on Earth, and in order to celebrate you simply dress like a pirate, whether it be small like an eyepatch or full pirate costume. With this told I can continue, I walked into my school on Friday Febuary 23rd and I say hi to my favorite teacher who stands outside every morning. I asked if he thought anyone would have a problem with me wearing an eyepatch even if i didn't have an injury, he said "It doesn't say anywhere in the dress code that you can't and I don't see anything wrong with it" then the bell rang and everyone went inside. I was stoped at my locker by my principal and he asked what happened to my eye, I kindly told him nothing and that it was an expression of my religion. He then asked what my religion was and I informed him of Pastafarianism, he responded with laughter and told me to take it off. After being offended by his mockery of my beliefe I noticed a cross around his neck and said that an eyepatch is far more offensive than an acient barbaric torture device so why should I be denyed the ability to express my religon on a sacred holiday and he, and many other, have the right to show theirs? He then said "because my religion makes sence" and I asked him to explain how his made more sence than mine, the only thing he offered back to my question was "just take the eyepatch off" so I did and the rest of the day asked teachers and students alike whether or not they found it in violation of the dress code or offensive in anyway for me to wear an eyepatch. No one other than my pricipal seemed to find anything wrong with it.

I tell you this not because I wish to have my story aired along side Brian's but because I needed to show that it isn't only locally to you that Pastafarians are being oppressed because our faith is "different"

And as we say in Pastafarianism: RAmen

Interested Pastafarian

if anyone else has stories related to Trilom's please send it to them maybe we can make this story bigger

blackeyedbutch
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Trilom on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:35 pm

Ahh i cant my cable card, when i need it it disapears, so i'm goign to go find a blank tape, and tape it,a nd use my video in cable to put it on my computer, the video hopefully will be up like tomarrow or maybee later tonight
Trilom

PreviousNext

Return to The Cause