For the Cause

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

For the Cause

Postby PsiPro on Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:22 am

I go to Florida State University... The one in Tallahassee...

Recently our school had a religious tolerance meeting where different faiths were represented and the representative were given time to present themselves, they were then questioned by the audience.

You can read my account of it here: http://www.venganza.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6722

I was however disturbed by the great lack of FSM representation. I intend to write a letter to the NAACP about this and push to have our great religion incorporated into the next Q&A session.

I would like help writing the appropriate letter to send, would like help in sending the letter (support from you all), and most of all I would like people in the area who can help represent and answer questions.

If necessary I will represent and answer the questions, however many of the people representing the other faiths know me too well for me to be taken seriously. I also have trouble keeping a strait face when confronted with the question "how do you know your god is real." or "Why spaghetti?"

RAmen

Letter Draft #1

To whom it may concern:

I am writing in response to the recent inter-religious Q&A sponsored by your organization on October 24, 2006.

I would like to say that I had a great time and learned much about the varying religions. I had no idea they all shared so many common ties with each other and with my own faith.

Sadly however there was not a representative of my faith there, which doesn’t bother me as my faith teaches great tolerance and respect for other’s faiths. That is why I was there, not to spread my own word.

Granted our followers on campus number slightly less then the triple digits we have many more in the area who I am contacting about possible attending your next night.

My point is that I would greatly like to see my faith properly represented at your next religious Q&A, and if nobody more versed in our bible is able to attend, I will gladly represent my faith.

Respectfully,
Brian Malinconico

It is intentional that I do not mention a specific faith or the FSM, trying to get them into dialog before I hit them with the full brunt.

I guess I may need to get at least 1 extra copy of the gospel if I do this eh?
PsiPro
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Return to The Cause