Anyone use the "gospel" in a court yet??

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Anyone use the "gospel" in a court yet??

Postby Great Gazoo on Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:48 pm

Most court systems allow believers in non christian religions to swear an oath using whatever "bible" they hold their beliefs in. Has anyone yet used the Gospel of the FSM yet?? I think it would make a great story, even better get a transcript of the court proceedings and send it to your local/national newspapers.

Any thoughts? :fsm:
If Life was without a little Monty Pythonish behavior it just wouldn't be worth doing
Great Gazoo
Ziti Zealot

Postby ke_mikiao on Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:10 pm

if i ever get sworn in....ill do it.....

:D
"The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head."

"Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow." - Kay, Men in Black
ke_mikiao
Chitarra Captain

Postby anthrobabe on Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:32 pm

ke_mikiao wrote:if i ever get sworn in....ill do it.....

:D

About the bunny stuff

my daughter (littlegirlpurple) has been warning me of the evil rabbits for years-- I thought it was just her-- but I'm starting to realize that there is something to it...
:mrgreen:
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Postby Bringerofpie on Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:47 pm

I wonder if they'd grab me a torah? No, a tanach is not good enough.
"Now watch this drive."
Bringerofpie
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby ke_mikiao on Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:26 pm

Bringerofpie wrote:I wonder if they'd grab me a torah? No, a tanach is not good enough.

pull out a book on Wiccan...see what they say.....

:o :o :o :o

A Terry Prachett book!!!!! that would so rock........
"The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head."

"Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow." - Kay, Men in Black
ke_mikiao
Chitarra Captain

Postby PsiPro on Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:02 pm

I would like to say I would do it...

But think about how the jury would view your testomony? Its more important, and IMHO inline with the FSM's teachings that an innocent man not go to jail, and a guilty be whiped by the noodly apendage in jail... ;o

BTW sorry for rezing an old post.
PsiPro
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Re: Anyone use the "gospel" in a court yet??

Postby SC-Pastafarian on Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:10 am

Great Gazoo wrote:Most court systems allow believers in non christian religions to swear an oath using whatever "bible" they hold their beliefs in. Has anyone yet used the Gospel of the FSM yet?? I think it would make a great story, even better get a transcript of the court proceedings and send it to your local/national newspapers.

If I ever go to court **knocks on wood** I'll do it.
In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity.
-Konrad Adenauer
SC-Pastafarian
Bucatini Buccanneer

Location: Holding an empty mug to the mouth of a beer volcano.

Religious "Books" in court

Postby PastaServer134 on Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:28 pm

PsiPro wrote:I would like to say I would do it...

But think about how the jury would view your testomony?

It is a real problem. I do expert witness work and I am always worried that I will get fired because I insist on the non-religious oath at depositions and in court. Here in California, the religious rites went away long ago, but at the Federal level, it is all still there and will stay there until the Chief Justice changes it. :(
Pastafarianism: Faith you can twirl on a fork.
May the caloric content of your Pasta not exceed the nutritional value to your filet of soul.
PastaServer134
Ziti Zealot

Postby Goat Starer on Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:41 am

PsiPro wrote:I would like to say I would do it...

But think about how the jury would view your testomony? Its more important, and IMHO inline with the FSM's teachings that an innocent man not go to jail, and a guilty be whiped by the noodly apendage in jail... ;o

BTW sorry for rezing an old post.

In all good religions there have to be a few martyrs who suffer because the masses believe the truth they speak to be newfangled blasphemy. They would probably get extra strippers and and a personal vent on the beer volcano for their troubles.
Best regards

Goat

--------------------------

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw
Goat Starer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby PsiPro on Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:23 pm

Goat Starer wrote:In all good religions there have to be a few martyrs who suffer because the masses believe the truth they speak to be newfangled blasphemy. They would probably get extra strippers and and a personal vent on the beer volcano for their troubles.

In that case where do I sign up?
PsiPro
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Re: Anyone use the "gospel" in a court yet??

Postby E.Raser on Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:45 am

Great Gazoo wrote:

In Italy the problem is that judges give sentences "in the name of Italian people ", and that is surely FALSE , because they were rejected at 87 % of votes, always. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
E.Raser
Lumache Lieutenant

I would.

Postby Randy Osgood on Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:58 am

If I go to court again, I'll do it.
Finally - A religion that doesn't suck.
Randy Osgood
Ziti Zealot

Return to The Cause