International Pastafarian Advertising day

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

International Pastafarian Advertising day

Postby Gloria T. Camel on Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:36 am

Alrighty I'm a new pastafarian convert/activist and i prepose we launch an international FSM advertising day. Put on yer pirate regalia and hand out some pamphlets at your local shops.

Also, I've already done this, it was very succesfull, the night before IPA day sneak down (under cover of darkness) to your local shops, high school or any other general public place and rapidly put up our posters, not one, not two but MANY, MANY MANY MANY.

If anyone wantes to join me or has some ideas for posters etc. Please let us know!

Also we need a date for this, I was thinking next talk like a pirate day?
Gloria T. Camel
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:38 pm

this sounds good... TLAP would be the opportune day for this. when you're putting the posters up, be dressed in regalia, so as to confuse and disorient any possible intruders. as for poster ideas, I don't know... maybe just take phamlets and literature already available and place those everywhere... make sure to have the forum address as well, because most forum followers have different ideas than what booby henderson wrote. his was to sell (blargh)
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Gloria T. Camel on Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:48 am

Sounds good but we have to get everyone involoved, not jsut in my poor little town of Canberra but Pastafarians everywhere!!!

Ill be sure to purchase some regalia...

Is TLAP on August 8th?
Gloria T. Camel
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:16 am

hell no, its next month! the 19th I'm pretty sure.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby weefolk on Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:44 pm

It's september 19th
(to my box-o-costumes!!! I'm sure i have some pirate something in there)
weefolk
Ziti Zealot

Postby haxmasta on Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:38 am

Actually I've gone through extremem measures to gather a wonderful pirating suit, one with a nice hat, my own hand-sewn clothing (which I'll have photos for soon), and a cool sword.

I will wear that the entire day of the 19th, passing out flyers and brochures, and the night before I'll be running around the UC Irvine campus putting up close to a thousand posters with friends. I have a friend with his own printing press, and he owes me a favor for saving his hide (don't ask, long story).

Is there anything I might be missing? I think that this needs some more coordination, maybe even, a sticky some where in the forums?! :roll: :( :o :D
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."
Albert Einstein (dead)

RAmen.

haxmasta
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby The Mad Duck on Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:05 am

I might hang up some posters close to my home. (Reykjavík, Iceland)

But, i'm not sure if i can get my hands on a whole costume,
maybe an eyepatch and a sword.

I don't know if i can get someone to help me, but some of my friends probably will :D
Pasta
The Mad Duck
Conchigliette Convert

Postby haxmasta on Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:47 am

Hehe, absolutely.

How's the weather up in Iceland?
Albert Einstein (dead)

RAmen.

haxmasta
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby The Mad Duck on Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:05 pm

It was raining 2 hours ago, but now it's sunny/cloudy
about 12 C°
Pasta
The Mad Duck
Conchigliette Convert

Postby haxmasta on Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:28 pm

Oh, well thats nice weather to me, I much rather like the colder weather, ya get to wear big coats and warm pants :mrgreen:
Albert Einstein (dead)

RAmen.

haxmasta
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:15 pm

if its hot, once it gets too hot, there comes a point you can't do any more to cool down.

if its cold, you can always insulate more.

Mad Duck, check out the Gatherings forum. see if theres either an iceland thread, or start one yourself!

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby haxmasta on Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:47 pm

Ahh, but you're forgetting about the semi-magical purposes have having a few pirates around to cool things off :fsm_yarr:

I kid you not the weather here in southern california was unbearable, but once I converted, the weather "mysteriously" cooled to record lows for any summer we've ever had. Coincidence? I think not!
Albert Einstein (dead)

RAmen.

haxmasta
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:51 pm

the only thing you can do to cool down is to shut down your internal organs.... although you'd still technically be very hot, you just wouldn't feel it.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Return to The Cause