FFSMA?

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

FFSMA?

Postby Connorc6291 on Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:47 pm

My school has a FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes). Quite a few people are part of it and I went to a couple meetings before I was touched by His Noodliness. Would it be feasible to make a FFSMA? (Fellowship of FSM Athletes) If I was denied, would that be a form of injustice? If I followed the rules of forming a club, wouldn't it be legal? And no teacher would have to support it because no teacher is allowed to support FCA.

Input please
-Connor C. :fsm_float:
Peace, Love and Unity

RAmen
Although the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power.-V
Connorc6291
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Alpaca on Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:53 pm

FCA people might beat you up, but otherwise, it would be fine. Be sure to have a tolerant agenda, with a purpose of, say, promoting the teaching of science in school instead of religion as science, but not to mock Christianity.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Connorc6291 on Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:07 pm

My school handbook says that non-curriculum related groups can meet if they have consent from the Principal. It also says that the school can not participate or sponsor it. What would sponsorship entail?

-Connor C.
Peace, Love and Unity

RAmen
Although the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power.-V
Connorc6291

Postby Alpaca on Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:28 pm

For all intents and purposes, it means "we won't give you money."
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Ezkerraldean on Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:15 pm

christian athletes? are christianity and athletics related in any way??!!?
we are both atheists, it's just that i believe in one god less than you
Ezkerraldean

Postby Connorc6291 on Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:46 pm

I think that the idea behind FCA is that with God, anyone can beat the crap out of anyone.

-Connor C.
Peace, Love and Unity

RAmen
Connorc6291

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:55 pm

Side thought... some schools have GSAs (gay straight alliances).

Why not Christian-Atheist Alliances? I don't think Xian-Satanist Alliance clubs would fly.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Kruten on Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:40 am

My school has the same FCA thing. If they ever got on to me about telling others about FSM interfering with "religion and state," I'd use it and the pledge of allegience as some backup.
Kruten
Conchigliette Convert

Postby anthrobabe on Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:35 am

like Alpaca said :be respectful, of course someone might mock you for FSM but you don't have to sink that low and mock back- that is one of the main ideas of FSM- all are welcome and none are mocked.

I think this is a neat idea and the club mascot will look great at games!
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Postby Jerm on Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:10 pm

Good idea, go for it.

I fear you might have trouble with the powers that be ignorantly not recognizing it as a "real religion". That's what'd happen around these parts. That happens, I'd just argue it.

By his noodlyness am I glad I'm no longer in highschool (four years out)!

Good luck, though.
It all kind of went downhill from there.
Jerm

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:33 am

I'm going into highschool. my plan is to mention it to fellow classmates, see whose interested, and tell one of my teachers, and ask him/her to sponsor a club if I get the 5 required students. I had the perfect teacher last year, but it took too long to get things off the ground.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Kruten on Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:56 am

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:I'm going into highschool. my plan is to mention it to fellow classmates, see whose interested, and tell one of my teachers, and ask him/her to sponsor a club if I get the 5 required students. I had the perfect teacher last year, but it took too long to get things off the ground.

I'm in the same spot as you. I'm a freshman this year. I've been passing around the brochures and have people waiting to hold my copy of the Gospel. Probably going to get another one to pass around so I have mine to study. I think I already gotten more than five people who are into it and would support a group. If I needed a teacher, my band director would the best one. Looking through the school handbook about it right now.
Kruten
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:37 am

remember, the Gospel was made to sell, and without ANY input from this forum. not because the forum didn't do anything, far from it. we've written scripture and lore, and made basic rules for tolerance in the organization, but Bobby ignored it all... remember, the two most important things about FSM are Tolerance and keeping religion out of science class.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Kruten on Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:07 am

I'll keep that in mind. My school handbook states nothing except who to complain to about discrimination based on religion.
Kruten
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Captain Noobhead on Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:56 pm

We have both FCA and GSA at our school, and one of me mates decided to run for president of GSA and got in. So basically now most of our social clique is much more tolerant about that club.

On another note, I now hold weekly (or try to) sermons every friday. If I get enough supporters then I might make an official church/club afterschool. However, my one problem is that most people are hesitant about it being on their college transcript.
Captain Noobhead
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Next

Return to The Cause