Hierarchy in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Hierarchy in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Postby Rev. Brian on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:05 pm

I like RRR's suggestion. A nautical theme to our hierarchy (if indeed a hierarchy is needed) makes more sense given our Piratical emphasis. Bishops are chess pieces and Cardinals are birds. I'm not sure what a Pope is other than I hear they come on ropes at times.
I can see the fnords.
Rev. Brian
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:35 pm

And for the Pastafarian more interested in a monastery-type setting, we could have Pirate Coves. Co-ed, of course, due to our flimsy moral standards.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Zac Reaves on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:23 pm

Renaming the ranks already implied is fine with me, but the suggestions seem like....."kidish" if you know what I mean. We are not copying the Roman Catholic Church because it is the only church with a actual hierarchy. The only church that has close to a hierarchy is the Mormon Church and even they way they chose their Prophet (who is actually the President but that's not the point) is very loose. So what I am trying to say is that I support the current rank names and the way they are arranged and earned. I am still open to ideas though.
Science is like lasagna, you have to eat it in layers.
Zac Reaves
Ziti Zealot

Postby Zac Reaves on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:35 pm

Oh! Also powers I think the Pope should have.

1. The power to call a Council of Olive Garden and discuss current issues of the church, since I am assuming the Council of Olive Garden is the highest governing power along with Bobby Henderson our prophet. (This might be what you talked about in your first power the pope, but I am not sure about their papacy ending, could you please explain that more)

2. I have more I am just tired because I am writing this late at night (late for me), so I will do that later.
Zac Reaves
Ziti Zealot

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard on Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:24 pm

o i no wat thee harucky shed be!

thee congwegshin shed be calld thee poop deck, an thee leeder o thee congegashun shud be cold thee stinkee bumbum, an nef yoo shold be callt Lord Grand High King Master of All That We See and All That We Feel, Whose Only Superior Is His Noodliness the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

or lghkmoatwsaatwfwosihntfsm rrrrrr :furious:
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.
Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Dechujoh64 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:19 am

Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:Aside from the complete lack of hierarchy that already exists, and the very flimsy nature of our religion in the first place...

I don't think any of the proposals that have to do with being on the forum would properly represent the entirety of our religion. There are Pastafarians who don't do much of anything online. There are reddit Pastafarians, Facebook Pastafarians, YouTube Pastafarians...

Anything that relies solely on how active someone is here or whether or not they are a forum member means that we ignore the rest of our brethren-in-sauce.

And even if we did decide to have a hierarchy, why must it mimic Christianity?

We don't need a Pope. We need an Admiral!

Proposed Hypothetical Hierarchy:

The Holies
    The Flying Spaghetti Monster (hallowed be His sauce)
    Prophet Bobby Henderson (the Quill of the FSM)
Flag Officers
    Admiral of the Fleet (Head Honcho Numero Uno: Yer Arrrrliness!)
    Vice Admirals (Responsible for overseeing a region or category of Pastafarianism.)
    Rear Admiral (Responsible for a portion of a region or category.)
    Commodore (Lowest ranking flag officer. Oversees multiple Ships.)
Deck Crew (One each per Ship)
    Captain (In charge of single Ship. Can also make new ranks specific to their Ship.)
    First Mate (For larger Ships, 2nd in command.)
    Bosun (Also for larger Ships. In charge of ensigns, swabbies, and cabin persons)
    Ensign (Experienced minister/monister)
Ship's Hands
    Sailor (Newly ordained minister/monister)
    Swabby (New recruit, interested in becoming ordained.)
    Cabin boy/girl (General all-around helper, not interested in being ordained, or too young to be.)
Ship
    Ship (Entire congregation and Ship's Crew, collectively)
    Matey/Mateys (Generic term for believers/congregation members)
    Landlubbers (non-believers)

Other Titles for Ordained Ministers
    Minister
    Monister
    Saucemeister
    Reverend
    Pirate
    Captain (even if you don't have any crew... but for each crew, there can only be one Captain)

Sure,Triple R, I except the nautical theme to the hierarchy, but really what I am wanting out of all this discussion is that; for me anyways is to have a way to have something to strive for so I can continually be active in these forms, and this may help others[IDK] to stay in and comment in and have fun at the forms.

I am not trying to break the first or the sixth IRRYDs.

But I like talking on these forums, I also talked quite frequently at the NATION STATES: the North Pacific forums almost daily.
But I'm just trying to find a way to keep me interested(and maybe other people interested into talking in the forums.)

Because for me, anyways, if I am not continually interested with new topics or if a topic becomes "the land of the regulars"( those who come in, tout their wisdom, whether it be helpful or not, comes in and says their piece and that will usually shut up the newbie and they'll be gone.)

I'm just trying to think up of another way to maybe try to keep a few more newbies and maybe just take them from uncooked pasta to maybe just maybe your rank. I probably will make it to one of the higher ranks because I have actually set a goal for something that I have written to be put into the Loose Canon.

I have written this:The Book of Dechujoh. as transcribed by IOANNES PAVLVS DOMINICI.
This'll keep me going for a few years because I know that the third edition of the loose Canon is still several years away.

But like I said before( and no matter what they're called.)( and I don't know how this website gets paid for) once it is all said and done, the leftovers from the sales (to keep this place goin' for the next year,) will be sent to charity.

Speed Demos Archive just did a charity event where they raise over $440,000 in a week of playing games for the Prevent Cancer Foundation. So why can't we just do that here. With something else. but if this website is already paid for by something else then all the money that would be made by this could be sent to charity.

But before I ramble on and on I shall end it here and say this.
Thank you for your inputs and maybe future input.
and
MAY THE PASTA BE WITH YOU, ALWAYS.
RAmen
Pope Dechujoh is the name.
Oh, here is a list of things that I have writin:
Click the link->The Book of Dechujoh.:
Letter to the Risians. (14 Chapters.) has been writin
Letter to the Udonites. (2 Chpts.) has been writin
Letters between D and M the Udonite. (6 Chpts)has been writin
Letters to the Fiorites is next. Started on.
Revelations 3: The Scroll of the 7 Sealed Pastas(17 Chpts)has been writin
Image<---T.A.R.D.I.S
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Dechujoh64 on Wed May 22, 2013 10:19 pm

hey since nobody decided to continue talking on this I've just decided to put this up here right now to may be reinvigorate the process of discussion.

Since I do not know how to crop an image on this forum I shall just post my deviantart page with my hierarchy pic. So maybe people can see it.

here it is – – – –>The Hierarchy of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Make sure to right-click and add another tab when checking on the links.
Image<---T.A.R.D.I.S
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Zac Reaves on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:52 pm

I have to say I am very impressed and I would love for this system to be implemented. I know one of the major factors of Pastafarianism is not being like other religions, but looking forwards and when our Prophet joins his Noodliness....how will Pastafarianism survive?
Zac Reaves
Ziti Zealot

Postby Cardinal Fang on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:24 am

There seems to be enough Pastafarians worldwide that the religion will continue - as others have when their prophet has been called away (but hopefully that won't happen for many, many years).

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:15 pm

Perhaps there will be a second Prophet, who knows?

For the heirarchy, I know that at least in the Coast Guard, the #1 guy is called the Commandant, so that might be a special title for the highest Admiral.

The real question is what these officials would do, or talk about, or who they would be talking on behalf of... I think we would need more organization of local pastafarian groups (ships), which then band together (fleets), and build geographic/organizational hierarchy naturally that way.

Also, I'd like to point out that the Council of Olive Garden isn't connected to our Prophet, it's more a self-appointed group of people who work on the collection and dissemination of the Loose Canon. I don't think we have much authority beyond the Loose Canon, which isn't even the end-all be-all of Pastafarian literature or scripture.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Zac Reaves on Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:04 pm

I suggest that when and if the Prophet dies, that he or she be replaced by the Admiral and another Admiral is elected, or we could not. Just putting it out there. Also, I agree with the person above me. We should have an organization of Pastafaraian groups, also we should somehow implement the Council of Olive Garden into this hierarchy.
Zac Reaves
Ziti Zealot

Postby Dechujoh64 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:20 am

Zac Reaves wrote:I suggest that when and if the Prophet dies, that he or she be replaced by the Admiral and another Admiral is elected, or we could not. Just putting it out there. Also, I agree with the person above me. We should have an organization of Pastafaraian groups, also we should somehow implement the Council of Olive Garden into this hierarchy.

Hey, long time no see, but anyways to the point in question. I've put this on a semi-indefinite hold. Until it either gets an approval by Bobby or gets accepted by pastafarians en masse. but go ahead and read on what has happened since the last time you were here.
I am not trying to stop any discussion about it, but right now there is a big wall. That big wall is both a mass agreement with this, and Bobby showing up here. (Only once in a "purple" Moon.)

but on an other note go ahead and check out the link below. Don't worry it is still within the forums themselves.
Qwertyuiopasd wrote:Attention all Pastafarians! The Council of Olive Garden is seeking submissions to be canonized into the Second Edition of the Loose Canon. If you have any inspiration, revelation, long-lost and recently translated scripture, please contact us! Submissions may be emailed to olivegardencouncil@loose-canon.info, or posted in any of the appropriate threads, and you may PM Platypus Enthusiast, DaveL, Qwertyuiopasd, The Dark Noodle, or Dechujoh64 with any questions, concerns, or comments...Be sure to let us know if you have something to submit, or that you plan to write (er, that is, transcribe), as the deadline is September the 30th. And despair not if you miss the deadline, as the Canon will never truly be finished, there’s always the next edition.

Announcement regarding the Loose Canon, 2nd Edition:Official Call for Scriptural Submissions
Image<---T.A.R.D.I.S
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Previous

Return to The Cause