Baptismal certificates

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Baptismal certificates

Postby Roy Hunter on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:21 pm

It's worth dropping a line to Bobby Henderson, tell him what you want to do. Buy an... I mean study theology and get yourself ordained, Bobby can give you a letter of good standing in the church or whatever you need to satisfy the powers-that-be that you are a legitimate member of the clergy.

There are other Canadian Pastafarians out there, connect with them and make a bit of a noise about this. Look for Failbook groups or pages (or start one?)

Good luck, and keep us up to date with how you are getting on.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Rev. Brian on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:31 am

Obviously an FSM baptismal is just as "valid" as any other religion's baptismal - but something tells me you'll have an uphill fight on this one. You might want to take a look at a bunch of baptismal certificates from the "mainstream" churches and make yours a little more formal looking if you want to avoid a lot of hassle.

Here's a bunch: Bing Image Search for Baptismal Certificate

Of course, if you're like me, you might want the altercation to prove the point, but if you simply want to get your daughter registered for class, maybe tweak it a little.

Also, I could see where they may not be too keen on you being the one certifying to the baptismal as you obviously have a potential incentive to lie (since you're a related party). I know that in Florida, our Notaries Public cannot notarize any document for anything that they have any connection to - to avoid such conflict. Perhaps another friend or family member becoming ordained and attesting to the baptismal may be more effective (if such is practicable).

Very interested to hear how this goes - please do keep us posted.
I can see the fnords.
Rev. Brian
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Rev. Brian on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:02 am

All's well that ends well. Glad it worked. Be interested to hear if they ever follow back up on it.
I can see the fnords.
Rev. Brian
Fusilli Fuselier

Return to The Cause