How Many Have You Converted?

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Duke on Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:18 am

All I needed to know I found on the website, then I came here and made an account........

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Tickle on Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:40 pm

Duke wrote:All I needed to know I found on the website, then I came here and made an account........

Duke

Same here. I didn't see the 'discussion forum' link for a while though...
Thought of the Day:

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose." ~ Robert Byrne
Tickle
Brewmeister

Postby Duke on Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:58 pm

Tickle wrote:
Duke wrote:All I needed to know I found on the website, then I came here and made an account........

Duke

I saw it after browsing the sight a few times. I read pretty much everything on the site before joining the forum.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Tickle on Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:06 pm

Duke wrote:
Tickle wrote:

Duke

I saw it after browsing the sight a few times. I read pretty much everything on the site before joining the forum.

Duke

Same here (again). I had a look at the letter, some propaganda shops ect and after about a week I saw the forum link.

Maybe it should be a bit clearer. (for slow people like me)
Thought of the Day:

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose." ~ Robert Byrne
Tickle
Brewmeister

Postby Duke on Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:19 pm

Tickle wrote:
Duke wrote:
Tickle wrote:

Duke

Duke

Same here (again). I had a look at the letter, some propaganda shops ect and after about a week I saw the forum link.

Maybe it should be a bit clearer. (for slow people like me)

What, like a little flashing bar at the top saying, "Join the FSM Forum!!!"?

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

5 people converted

Postby Noodley Master on Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:18 pm

This is my first day on the forums of the FSM official site. I have converted around five people to the ways of FSMism. And, I even wore an eye patch while foing it to look like a pirate!
--
Ã￾Ã￾ࡱá
Ion_Storm889
Marcus Carlini
/\/\4R[US [4R|_1/\/1
<_.-='=-._>-<_.-='=-._>
The Floccinaucinihilipilificationist
Noodley Master
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Alpaca on Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:19 pm

Excellent work! Welcome to the forums. Read around, post around, and enjoy yourself.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Duke on Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:38 am

Great! Welcome to the forums, oodley Master I have spread His Noodly Word over the blogosphere using other forums to inform people of the One Truth.

I can't really say how many people I have converted, but it is good.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby smccarthy on Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:23 pm

Aargh. Five people already? I'm not sure how many I've converted...Three maybe. Yeah, three sounds like a good number. I face much persecution though, so it is difficult to spread the word. I've been putting up pictures and such on bulletin boards at local stores and such, so i might've converted a couple that way. I'll never know.
smccarthy
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Duke on Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:39 pm

Auntie Dee Dee wrote:
Fun is fun and all, but knowing enough science to get into college is important.

Yes, and even that much is threatened. Hence, we must take action.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby smccarthy on Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:08 am

Numbers aren't that big a deal. What's more important, 6 people that say "Wow, cool dude, FSM rocks!" or two people that understand that the important thing isn't pasta, pirates or popularity, but that it's the understanding of proper scientific theory, both in the classroom, and as it relates to other scientific material??

Well, I'm not exactly expecting anyone to understand the deeper meaning of it all. In eighth grade, most people either go with the "Wow, cool dude, FSM rocks!", or get all pissy and tell me that I'm offending God/going to hell. I doubt any of them will ever find out what it's truly about.
smccarthy
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Alpaca on Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:22 am

Eigth grade? I'm sure it'll rock harder to them if you thrown in an expletive between "it" and "rocks."
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Duke on Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:07 pm

Yeah, some younger folk just think that FSM is a chance to "diss" other religions................

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Pro-active conversions?

Postby Lord_Ravioli on Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:42 pm

I know I'm a newbie here, but I had to work hard and follow the subtle clues to find The Unbelievably Tiptop and Thoroughly Funky Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I did not have it handed on a plate to me.

Accordingly, finding my Pastafarian brothers and sisters has been made all the sweeter for my labours [note spelling].

Not wanting to insult or impune the hard work - nay, divine works - perpetrated in His name to gain more Church members by my more illustrious brethren (and sistren) above, but is the intrinsic value of such 'quick win' convertees lessened for their not having walked The Long Road Without Meatballs and The Avenue of Pasta-less Waiters?
Lord_Ravioli
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Alpaca on Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:39 am

It's tough. I got most of my converts by starting out with the pirates, pasta, strippers mantra, and then actually revealing the true meaning of it in-depth to them. They got it, and it's good.

I'm afraid that if I launch right into the serious stuff, they'll be turned away, finding it boring.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

PreviousNext

Return to The Cause