How Many Have You Converted?

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Duke on Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:55 am

Spaghetti vocal cords, I hear they are wonderful.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Omnieiunium on Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:04 pm

A ton of my friends. I will bring the idea up in philosophy class when I have the chance too.
Omnieiunium
-Original Forum Admin
-Long-time Pastafarian
-Former-Administration Dude with Auntie DD
-Taking a looooooooooooooooooooooong vacation that may never end
Omnieiunium
Site Admin<br>Controls your forum life

Postby Duke on Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:12 pm

Omnieiunium wrote:A ton of my friends. I will bring the idea up in philosophy class when I have the chance too.

I have converted a bunch of my friends that are atheists, and a couple of teachers. Once, when I was sitting in the computer lab, on venganza.org, someone saw it and came up to me and said that they loved the Flying Spaghetti Monstersim. I should start a club at school................

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Cannon_Fodder on Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:49 pm

Wow. If you did, I would still be my own hero. But I'd think pretty highly of you, too. Imagine, an extracurricular activity that- no, I can't go on. The idea is just sheer awesome (that's almost twice as awesome as awesome cubed!).

-(Brackets)
"The Big Bang violates the first Law of Thermodynamics!"
"So does your face!"
Cannon_Fodder
Farfalle First Mate

Postby Duke on Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:15 pm

Cannon_Fodder wrote:Wow. If you did, I would still be my own hero. But I'd think pretty highly of you, too. Imagine, an extracurricular activity that- no, I can't go on. The idea is just sheer awesome (that's almost twice as awesome as awesome cubed!).

-(Brackets)

Yeah, I am going to convert my Literature teacher, maybe a few other folks, track down that other girl who said she loved the Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and start a club. Unfortunataly, we still are in the middle of nowhere (the Big Island) but we will see what we can do. There still are street corners on the Big Island. Many of us live on campus, and so does out Literature teacher, and she has a car................Hmm.............
And it's a blue state. That is always a plus. I think this may be a red island, though.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby JohnGalt717 on Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:02 am

Let's see. converted a good amount of my friends....

Got my English teacher, maybe my history teacher too and my english teacher spread it around the faculty

That last bit made me feel good :twisted:
"Who is John Galt?"
JohnGalt717
Ziti Zealot

Postby Duke on Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:59 am

JohnGalt717 wrote:Let's see. converted a good amount of my friends....

Got my English teacher, maybe my history teacher too and my english teacher spread it around the faculty

That last bit made me feel good :twisted:

Yeah, I converted some faculty members at my school too...........
We are going tp start a club, I think.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Omnieiunium on Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:16 pm

I haven't mentioned it to any of the teachers because we have never talked about religion yet. Oh well! Soon I hope :)
Omnieiunium
-Original Forum Admin
-Long-time Pastafarian
-Former-Administration Dude with Auntie DD
-Taking a looooooooooooooooooooooong vacation that may never end
Omnieiunium
Site Admin<br>Controls your forum life

Postby Duke on Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:38 pm

Omnieiunium wrote:I haven't mentioned it to any of the teachers because we have never talked about religion yet. Oh well! Soon I hope :)

I just talk to teachers at other times, and tell them about it.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Converted some, offended others

Postby NoOneOfConsequence on Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:16 am

I keep FSM flyers tacked up in my cube at work (with a hook no less*), so that my coworkers know of our plight. Everyone comments on the Pirate vs Temperature chart, but I don't know that I have many converts - maybe half a dozen or so.

* -- arrgghhh if only it were true
Inigo: Who are you?
Dread Pirate Roberts: No one of consequence.
Mortal Blog Site
Map of FSM
Eon Galactic Inquirer
NoOneOfConsequence
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Re: Converted some, offended others

Postby Duke on Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:31 pm

NoOneOfConsequence wrote:I keep FSM flyers tacked up in my cube at work (with a hook no less*), so that my coworkers know of our plight. Everyone comments on the Pirate vs Temperature chart, but I don't know that I have many converts - maybe half a dozen or so.

* -- arrgghhh if only it were true

You sould have a meeting. I am starting a club.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby apirateib on Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:05 am

Plz stop this competition 2 c who has converted the most. u sound like 1 of those door knocking johos (jehovas witness ppls). but incidentally i hav converted at least 3 friends and i go 2 a catholic skool.
allow me always 2 think first wwfsmd?
apirateib
Conchigliette Convert

Postby 1handclapping on Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:48 am

Converting is easy : let them see it fly. Once someone witnesses the flight of the sacred monster all is clear and there is no way anyone can doubt.

I must have converted at least 589 people last week...

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

:fsm_angry:

:mrgreen:
Kia ago, tia pago
1handclapping
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Duke on Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:44 pm

We do the flyer tactic, it is most useful.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Pennepincher on Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:20 pm

Keeping track of your converts would be really interesting if you could ask them to keep track of their converts. These folks, in turn could keep track of their converts and so on. It would not be feasible to keep tabs on more than two or three "generations" since this could get up into the dozens or hundreds fairly quickly.

I have converted only one other since November 11 but he was forcefully touched and not opposed to spreading His noodly message. Neither am I and we are both geologists, supposedly immune to beliefs based on something other than readily observable phenomena in the geologic record.

I am so glad that the scales have been removed from my eyes. Now what am I going to do with all of those Steven Jay Gould books?
A penne saved is a penne earned.
Pennepincher
Conchigliette Convert

PreviousNext

Return to The Cause