Trouble in Montville-Request for Help

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Trouble in Montville-Request for Help

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:50 pm

I just received an email from a concerned citizen from Montville, NJ asking for help from my organization. I decided to go a step further and ask you guys for your support too. The email below pretty much explains everything.

"Dear Pastafarians at Rutgers,

Ahoy, mateys.

I need some Pastafarian help right here in NJ.

My town (Montville, NJ) insists on spending taxpayer money on displaying religious icons (e.g. money to buy and erect a nativity scene and menorah), but refuses to answer my request that they stop. I have also said that if they will not stop, then they should similarly promote other religions (I specifically requested a FSM display!) to avoid preferential support of only selected religious faiths.

Could you or someone at Rutgers University Pastafarians please send even a one sentence letter/email to my Mayor asking her to answer my request that my township stop spending taxpayer money on displaying religious icons? Or, see if you can get the town to pay for a similar tribute to the Almighty Noodley One (which would be a real laugh and a real score if the town had to, to avoid preferential religious treatment).

In reply to my emails, Mayor Neilson has indicated that she will not respond to my request (she is ignoring my request to give our Flying Spaghetti Monster equal tribute like the judeo-christian displays!)

Perhaps if Rutgers Pastafarians sent a letter/email to my Mayor this student activism would get her attention and prompt a more respectful reply than I have been able to obtain as a regular citizen?

See the emails below if you need more details.

Here are their email addresses:
“Mayor Deborah Nielson” dnielson@montvillenj.org
”Deputy Mayor James Sandham Jr” jsandham@montvillenj.org

Postal mailing address for all 3 of these above:
Montville Municipal Building
195 Changebridge Road
Montville, NJ 07045-9498

Please let me know if Rutgers Pastafarians can help. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and Ramen.

Sincerely,
Resident of Montville, NJ"
Check out an official Pastafarian holy book, the Loose Canon: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

"With Him, All Things are Pasta-Bowl."
-ProvHerbs 3:35
Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Re: Trouble in Montville-Request for Help

Postby blaze8902 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:27 pm

I'll help however I can, but what should we E-Mail? Anything in particular?
"Life is too short for mayflies."
-------------
"before critizing someone, walk a mile in thier shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away and have thier shoes."
-------------
"Quick! Everyone kill yourselves! It's hopeless without Blaze!" - During N+
-------------
"I live in a town of about 1600, and everyone is armed." User location: Apache.
-------------
"Children in the back seat cause accidents. Accidents in the back seat cause children."
-------------
RAmen.
blaze8902
Bucatini Buccanneer

Location: The relative position of one part in relationship to the entire model.

Re: Trouble in Montville-Request for Help

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:44 pm

What we've been doing is asking the mayor that in the interest of equality of all religions, they put up a FSM display along with their Christmas and Hanukkah displays.
Check out an official Pastafarian holy book, the Loose Canon: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

"With Him, All Things are Pasta-Bowl."
-ProvHerbs 3:35
Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Return to The Cause