Spreading the Word in Pamphlet Form!!!

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Alpaca on Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:18 am

Try the stuff here.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby weefolk on Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:42 pm

hey... that's just like the one i picked up off the ground! If you'd never created it I might not have been touched by His noodly appendage.
weefolk
Ziti Zealot

Postby anthrobabe on Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:08 pm

Monday the 28th is first day of classes here at UALR- my printer hummeth and hummeth and I even have the campus life stamp on them so I can put them up anywhere

got them from the main page
some in color

Oh I love the new school year
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Postby Kris1991 on Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:49 pm

I may print out some and leave a pile of them at our local gas station for people to see while refueling their cars. This may require a night mission. Maybe I'll scope out the area tonight to see if it would be possible. Perhaps tomorrow night I could get one of my agents to help me place the propaganda, though that would be unlikely as my agents are lazy and aren't Pastafarians, the poor souls, I've tried to convert them but no luck. I'll have to go alone. In a minute I'll go sort through my night mission gear and find what I need. (I have done this sort of thing before, don't not worry about me. Besides, I have His Noodliness to protect me.)

If possible I'll document the mission with photos.

I made these, I call it "Mini Propaganda." It's easier/cheaper to print and doesn't look too bad in black/white.

-€h®i$ the Ninja/Pirate/Hippie

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help the bunny gain world domination. C&P him into your signature.
Kris1991
Ziti Zealot

Postby Platypus on Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:51 pm

The links have stopped working, someone host them on imageshack or something :fsm:
Nice work on the mini propaganda, i might print some out in black and white, I may well also go on a night mission (I like night missions as well) but i will put some in the shop windows and stuff, also i know a guy at the local indian takeaway so i shouldnt have a problem getting some in there!!
Platypus
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Captain D Flint on Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:54 am

Myself and my fellow Pastafarian pirate scallywag Dani are attending the UK metalfest Bloodstock Open Air this year. We will be handing out pamphlets and teaching people the true way! I'll be sure to post the pics up here. I've already started on the BOA forum and it's going good!
The Feared and Ruthless Captain Drake Flint

"YARR! Roaming the seas, I take what I find, gold, wenches and mead, the pirates life is mine!"

Heavy Metal Pirate Brotherhood
+ nunc est bibendum +
Captain D Flint
Ziti Zealot

Postby Jayco on Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:59 pm

One mural for school presentation? Check.

Thanks a lot, guys. :)
I Am Legend
Jayco
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Pirate Terramort on Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:37 am

The pamphlets work really well. Handed a bunch out during lunch one day (In full pirate gear) and got about 7,8 converts. That's not much, you say? It IS only a 300 pop. school... :wink:

Good work brothers! RAmen! :worship: :fsm_float:
Sincerely,
Drew Anderson, Th. D.
Captain of the Birthday Massacre
High Magus of the Wise Council of World Pasta

If you love someone, set them free. If they return to you, put several 8 inch blades into their head. If they return again, then run.... Just RUN.

1st Nautilus 4:4 " For, in the words of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, “Don’t be a bitch. It’s not nice.” "
Pirate Terramort
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Lazor on Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:26 am

None of the links work. :cry: .

I'll just use the brochures, in fact, I suspect that the brochures may be one and the same as the pamphlets.
Lazor
Ziti Zealot

Re: Spreading the Word in Pamphlet Form!!!

Postby marijane on Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:42 am

we've made some memos and distributed them around school...we'll have to work on that next year. also, we've been passing the gospel around...getting some converts...
Have you been touched?
marijane
Ziti Zealot

Postby Pir8 on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:44 pm

Yar pirate picture pamphlet links arr as dead as Davy Jones. Fix'em and this pirate will deliver more of'em than hell has diseased strippers.
Pir8
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Jhereg on Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:54 pm

Hey, I don't know if you guys have ever heard of canvassing? It's what I do for a profession. It involves picking an area of town, taking a crew out (or go on your own) and just knocking on doors from the hours of 4:30 to 9:00 p.m. As long as you notify the proper authorities (usually the local city official(s)) you should have no problem with the law. Just make sure the area you're in doesn't require a permit.

The thing is, most of us hate, I mean HATE people coming to our door. You know them, the Kirby salespeople, the religious groups, the political campaigns. Wouldn't it be awesome to go to people's doors knowing that you're probably going to make them laugh? That would totally be an awesome feeling. Don't try to convert them, don't push, don't get angry at the religious zealots that get pissed at you, just meet those 10-20 people a day that actually listen, and start to laugh. And hell, 4-5 of them might even get converted!

Of course, there'd have to be full pirate regalia, maybe some complimentary pasta...(goes off grumbling incoherently into his piratey beard)

Anyway, if anyone would be interested, especially people from Columbus, OH, let me know. I'll answer questions on this thread. Before you go out, though, let me caution. You do have to kind of know what you're doing. I can train people on this thread, or maybe start a new one, but you do need to know how to canvass.

All hail His Noodlyness, R'Amen
If God is willing to prevent evil, but not able,
Then He is not omnipotent
If He is able, but not willing
Then He is malevolent
If He is both able and willing,
Then whence cometh evil?
If He is neither able nor willing,
Then why call him God?
(\ /)
(o.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny
Bunny, as cute and cuddley as he may appear, is bent on world domination
To achieve this he has decided to start by taking over teh intarweb, a step towards his ultimate goal
To help him complete his quest and therefore ensure bunny domination, copy and paste him into your sig
Jhereg

Postby marijane on Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:20 am

Pir8 wrote:Yar pirate picture pamphlet links arr as dead as Davy Jones. Fix'em and this pirate will deliver more of'em than hell has diseased strippers.

i would most definitely love to learn how to "canvass"!!! me mateys and me were thinking of doing just that in about a week!
Have you been touched?
marijane
Ziti Zealot

Postby Jhereg on Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:48 am

Y'HAAR! Most excellent, lassie!
Well then, here lies thah rub. Methinks that the laws and rules o' the grat state o' Oregon be a bit foggy in this ol' mind o' mine. (too much rum, alas) You'll hafta make sure that the blimey please-men won't be puttin' you in chains as ye go about yer holy quest!

Aside from that restriction, the entire idea of canvassing is based upon a structured conversation called a Rap. The Rap is the magical tool for getting the most effect out of whatever you are doing. It consists of 3 parts. The intro, the midrap, and the close. You can modify it to suit your needs in the field as you gain more experience as a canvasser.

The intro answers the 4 questions who who what what.
Who: Who you are (Bill, Joe, The scurvy pirate Blackbeard)
Who: Who you are representing (pastafarians everywhere!)
What: What you are doing (spreading the word of the flying spaghetti monster)
What: What you need (?) -This is the part I haven't decided yet. In my organization, we carry a clipboard with spaces to sign down for those who wish to join our organization. Other canvassing groups are working to get a petition passed, or simply fundraising for one cause or another. I haven't yet figured out what we need from people. A laugh, maybe? I'll have to get back to you, though. Work beckons. Any ideas, just let me know. I'll go into the midrap and the close when I get home.

May the sauce dripping from the noodle make squelching noises in the mouth of the populace. R'Amen
Then He is malevolent
Then whence cometh evil?
Then why call him God?
(\ /)
(o.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny
To achieve this he has decided to start by taking over teh intarweb, a step towards his ultimate goal
To help him complete his quest and therefore ensure bunny domination, copy and paste him into your sig
Jhereg

Postby Jhereg on Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:56 pm

Continuing my earlier post, (and I do apologize for the length. If there's any objections, let me know and I'll ask to start a new thread. :) ) The rest of the Rap involves the midrap and the close. The midrap is the part in the conversation where you educate the contact with a fact or two, and then tell them what you need. In my organization, this involves saying something like "Ohio has lost 250,000 jobs just in the past five years, so we're out here fighting the good fight, doing a strength in numbers campaign to put pressure on politicians to get our jobs back. I'm sure I can count on your support, just put your name here..." Now for the FSM :fsm: canvass, I think you could say something comical such as "As you can see from this graph I have, the declining population of pirates has had a direct effect on global warming. I'm sure you agree that this is a very serious issue. What I need you to do is support pirates around the globe and sign this statement saying pirates are cool. :wink: "

Or whatever.The last part of the rap that we do is called the close. This is the part of the rap where you target for what you need. What we usually say is " Like I've been telling your neighbors, we are a non-profit organization out here fighting for your rights as a community. Members have been contributing 5 dollars for the evening. It's dues for an entire year, and it puts a lot of power behind your voice in our organization. I'm sure I can count on you for just 5 bucks today"

The biggest question I have for this is what we want to get out of this. I mean, the laughs and smiles are definitely the most important thing, and we really don't want to try to convert people unless they want to be converted. But there is, in the rap equation, a need for something to be targeted for. I was thinking, maybe...pasta/pasta sauce?

Intro:
"Ahoy there, matey/lass! I be the scurvy pirate (insert name here) here ter represent pastafarians round' the globe! We be spreadin' the word of His Holy Noodlyness, and we need but a mom't of yer time" (now of course, you will be in full pirate regalia with pamphlets and probably a large either chest or piratey-type storage device.) At this point in time, you will present the pamphlet to the person at the door.
Midrap:
"Now we be a tolerant group o' pasta-lovin' pirates, but Y'aar we be needin yer help. Ye see, as the population of piratey folk be dwindlin', the globe be warmin' up greatly. Now there is sometin' aught to do about it, I shan't lie ter ye there! What we be needin of you is teh take me scimitar here" (hand them the scimitar) " that be good, that be good! Now tell it to the world ' Y'aar, the world be needin' more pirates!' Excellent, Lass/Laddie, mos' excellent indeed."
Close:
After they wave the sword, make sure you get it back, then end with this." Thank ye, thank ye so much fer yer time. I do have but one humble request ter make of thee. We do be but a motley crew, this scurvy lot, and methinks ye might be of some assistance. Ye see, we have aught to celebrate with on this coming Friday night, as you know, a day of pasta and beverage! So I be thinkin' that you might be havin' a spare box o' pasta, or maybe a spare jar o' pasta sauce fer us teh take. Y'haar, thankee kindly, so kindly! We'll be headin on our way. Avast!"

And there you have it.

May the eternal redness of his pasta induced eternity bring us bliss and cheese to sniff. R'Amen
Then He is malevolent
Then whence cometh evil?
Then why call him God?
(\ /)
(o.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny
Jhereg

PreviousNext

Return to The Cause