Pirates against Malaria

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Pirates against Malaria

Postby paddyfool on Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:50 am

Callin' all pirates!

Ye be invited to join me small charitable vessel here. All manner of pirate and even some beasts that be not even pirates be welcome. Also, if anyone be possessed of graphic design skills, some kind of a team logo (a mosquito-and-crossbones flag, perhaps?) be very welcome indeed. We don't care who ye be, ye be welcome on our crew.

So far, on our little spree, we have already sunk the team from Duke University, and now be up against Princeton. Next up, we get the chance to take on either Boston School of Public Health or Merryl Lynch! Click the link above if ye be confused - it may help a little.

EDIT - link fixed
paddyfool
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:25 pm

Yarr matey ! A raidin' pARRdee is wot ye be affer eh ?

Ye kin arsk Capin Dave to set it up laddie , den we kin blast 'em wiff the hole Venganza fleet ! ARGH!
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby paddyfool on Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:23 am

Thank'ee kindly! :)

---

EDIT: Update so far - We be clear ahead of the Princeton vessel for the moment, despite savin' much ammo for future rounds. However, there be the risk of a late-night ninja-style attack, given that the round be not over until 8pm EST tonight (4am my time). If anyone be in a suitable time zone to check our progress near th'pivotal hour, that would be much appreciated.

:fsm_yarr:

----

EDIT 2: Me ship be sunk! Those scurvy Princeton dogs and their corporate donors waited 'til I was sleepin' ter launch their last-minute attack, and it seems my crew were nappin' too.

If anyone be plannin' to resurrect the team next year, I suggest not usin' a pledge chart.

EDIT 3: More donations be still welcome - though we be out o'the tournament, there be still the overall rankin, and the fact that bednets be the real point o'the exercise to consider.
paddyfool
Conchigliette Convert

Return to Pirate Discussion