Question about a continuous salty tale

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Question about a continuous salty tale

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:26 am

Just a few questions. I didn't want to disrupt the story.
Firstly, is anyone going to go through all the pages of the story and put it all into a book?
Secondly, what happens if two people accidentally continue a line at the same time? Would that destroy the entire thing?

Thanks.
RAmen.
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.
Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Re: Question about a continuous salty tale

Postby The Black Spot on Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:25 am

Pastaciple Mitch wrote:Firstly, is anyone going to go through all the pages of the story and put it all into a book?

If they are, I wouldn't let them near anything sharp.

Pastaciple Mitch wrote:Secondly, what happens if two people accidentally continue a line at the same time?

Either we start a fight, or the next person decides which one to run with.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Re: Question about a continuous salty tale

Postby walktheplank on Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:50 am

Pastaciple Mitch wrote:Secondly, what happens if two people accidentally continue a line at the same time? Would that destroy the entire thing?

Thanks.
RAmen.

As Pirates and gentlemen we resolve things aimicably over a glass of Rum. Except Black Bart of course we give him a good kicking.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
walktheplank
Lumache Lieutenant

Wiggery

Postby black bart on Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:59 am

Baaarrrrr...ye couldn't give anyone a good kickin wivout yer wig fallin off, an yer peg leg comin loose!!

Good God...is anyone actually thinking of reading 'The Continuous Salty Tale' from start to end!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:06 am

Thanks everybody.

Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby DaveL on Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:54 am

YArrrr...

The story can change quite quickly, so if it ever was compiled, it would be instantly renamed 'The Continuously Uncohesive Plotline. '
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby anthrobabe on Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:32 am

OH please don't try and start at the beginning- we've enough insane people around here already
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Postby Dan(da haole guy) on Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:31 pm

ARR-oha Pastaciple Mitch..if you wanna read the whole tome, you'd do well to skip any posts with "blancmange" in them..& keeping a running list of characters wouldn't be a bad idea..of course, the easy way is to post your own contribution....AARRGGHH!! :worship: :pirate_fish:
KAULANA NA PUA A'O FSM..HANO HANO..FSM NO KA OI..
Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:46 am

I was thinking of compiling the whole lot, and i would continue adding on sections. I haven't read the whole thing, but i was possibly going to spend some time during weekends and holidays putting it into a .doc file.
Come to speak of it, maybe five people or so could do 20 pages each until the bulk of the thing is gone, then I, or somebody else, could simply add the new posts as they came along.

It could be a good idea. Is there anybody who would be interested?

Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby tanguerra on Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:11 am

Avast Mr Pastaciple,

Don't ye have any hobbies man? I be thinkin something involvin' fresh air and wenches might be a more valuable use of your time.

But, arrrgh matey, don't let me discourage so courageous-soundin' an enterprise as tryin' to make some sense out of the Salty Tale.

I am far from uncertain there be a technical minded moderator type (ahoy Captin Dave!) who could download the thing for ye if ye were not able to be disuaded from so foolhardy a project and save yeself a bit of RSI from all that cuttin' and pastin'.

But, there's others who can no doubt suggest more amusin' ways to contract the dreaded carple tunnel sityation disease.

Yours
[Thumbprint]
Aaarrrrgggh!

Reed me booke. It's got pirates innit http:\\how-to-find-love.com
tanguerra
Humble Hermit

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:34 am

Honestly, I don't have any hobbies. I don't get out much. In fact, you could describe me as an introvert.

But I will still sort of persevere to get a few more people to help. after all, whats a bit o' carpal tunnel amongst friends?

RAAAAAAAAARRGGGHHMEN!

Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby DaveL on Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:01 am

YArrrrr...

Oi think only our the prophet could manage that one Tangie. Oi just be a humble moderator.

Oi be most pleased that ye be enjoyin our Salty Tale Mitch. Compilin it would be quite a task, but go for it matey.

We had a few trubbles back at page 99-100, but it's all good now :D
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Iliad

Postby black bart on Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:37 am

Pastaciple Mitch wrote:Honestly, I don't have any hobbies. I don't get out much. In fact, you could describe me as an introvert.

But I will still sort of persevere to get a few more people to help. after all, whats a bit o' carpal tunnel amongst friends?

RAAAAAAAAARRGGGHHMEN!

Arrrgh...well done matey...it be the greatest literary task since Homer wrote down the Iliad. Achilles had his sword to Homer's throat the whole time mind you, but it turned out great.

Perhaps ye could call it: The Continuous Salty Tale: The Wrath of Cap'n Potatoneck.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:58 am

Well, I am sort of writing a novella at the moment, and I believe that with a little straightening out, it could be accomplished.

Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby OZ_Nick on Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:53 am

Arrr, now lad, don't go stratenenin the salty tale all up, that wuld defeet the hole point, it be right bent on purpose!
----

Ye may knowe mee better as Cap'n Bluenose
OZ_Nick
Stele Second Mate

Next

Return to Pirate Discussion