football?

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby The Black Spot on Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:42 am

Nay, that be the one that holds fifty servin's o' fishhead stew.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Postby walktheplank on Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:04 am

yarr football with round balls is the only proper game of football, not a game played with funny shaped balls, helmets and girly costumes.

Pirates have a foine record at football as their team made the 2006 World Cup Final, see link below.

http://www.venganza.org/forum/viewtopic ... &start=330
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
walktheplank
Lumache Lieutenant

Carnage

Postby black bart on Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:54 am

Arrrrgh...we be banned from playin football after that...twere more carnage than world war 2!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Dan(da haole guy) on Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:52 pm

ARR-oha..walktheplank-thanks for the link!! :D more entertainment in that thread than listening to Aussie football on Radio Australia short-wave...(altho, Argentine/Chilean/Uruguayan-style "baloncesto"* is a close 2nd..)

*basketball
KAULANA NA PUA A'O FSM..HANO HANO..FSM NO KA OI..
Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

League

Postby black bart on Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:57 am

It were exhaustin to write though...so we gave it up after the Champions League 2006.

I suppose we could do the odd exhibition match...Portsmouth Pirates v The Pittsburgh Pirates...just as long as they're prepared for an early death!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Dan(da haole guy) on Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:11 pm

ARR-oha..early death, indeed..if yez serves 'em da fish-'ead stoo before da match.. :fsm_yarr:
KAULANA NA PUA A'O FSM..HANO HANO..FSM NO KA OI..
Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Clifford on Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:27 am

We should support Bristol Rovers - they're "The Pirates" :mrgreen:
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen
Clifford
Brewmeister

Bristols

Postby black bart on Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:21 am

Arrrrr...we should definitely support Bristols!
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby walktheplank on Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:28 am

Dan(da haole guy) wrote:ARR-oha..walktheplank-thanks for the link!! :D more entertainment in that thread than listening to Aussie football on Radio Australia short-wave...(altho, Argentine/Chilean/Uruguayan-style "baloncesto"* is a close 2nd..)

*basketball

yarr writing the football commentaries were good fun, problem was it would take half a day to do them and unlike Black Bart I am expected to do a little work during the day time. The good thing was that each of the main players developed their own character which has fed into other threads. Dave L was a drunk who liked wearing dresses, The Black Spot was an evil bloodthirsty blaggard, Oz Nick had electronic peg legs, Black Bart was basically usless and yours truly wore a wig, could run fast but was also rubbish. Good days.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
walktheplank
Lumache Lieutenant

Strike

Postby black bart on Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:51 am

walktheplank wrote:
Dan(da haole guy) wrote:ARR-oha..walktheplank-thanks for the link!! :D more entertainment in that thread than listening to Aussie football on Radio Australia short-wave...(altho, Argentine/Chilean/Uruguayan-style "baloncesto"* is a close 2nd..)

*basketball

unlike Black Bart I am expected to do a little work during the day time. .

Yer on strike yer blaggard, ye aint doin a stitch!
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby PantyGnawer on Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:11 am

PG sneaks in and steals all your rum
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Previous

Return to Pirate Discussion