21%
Yarrr, yeah before Oi wuz ship-napped
29%
No-ho-ho ye scruffy bag-o-weevils
51%

Total votes : 63

Re: Talk Like A Landlubber Day - Sept 20

Postby Roland Deschain on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:04 pm

Indeed sir, indeed. A large collection of socks is but one sign of man's civilised nature, and to lack in this department is to show one's coarseness in polite society.

By the way, DaveL, one can't help but notice your new location. One hasn't visited this land, but you may be pleased to know that a newfangled invention named, oddly enough, a "Moving Picture", is in my possession with just such a title on it. Not being able to enjoy the pleasures of your estate first-hand, one supposes this moving picture should suffice in this department. One shall be judging everyone in your land based upon what one sees in this moving picture. One hopes it gives good impression...:haha:
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby daftbeaker on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:14 pm

Roland Deschain wrote:Indeed sir, indeed. A large collection of socks is but one sign of man's civilised nature, and to lack in this department is to show one's coarseness in polite society.

Yarr, I think (or at least hope) Bart was referring to a particular upper class bloke and his sock issues :haha:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby DaveL on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:17 am

Roland Deschain wrote:By the way, DaveL, one can't help but notice your new location. One hasn't visited this land, but you may be pleased to know that a newfangled invention named, oddly enough, a "Moving Picture", is in my possession with just such a title on it. Not being able to enjoy the pleasures of your estate first-hand, one supposes this moving picture should suffice in this department. One shall be judging everyone in your land based upon what one sees in this moving picture. One hopes it gives good impression...:haha:

Ay Sir Roland, do we need to set the hounds upon these moving pictures? Sounds like a new sport in the offering, chasing these things.

Fetch me my Blunderbuss immediately, I must bag one!
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby black bart on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:52 am

One has to be careful when judging an entire people on the basis of a common 'Motion Picture'. For example there appears to be a new broadcast on offer at the moment entitled: "Desperate Scouse Wives". I fear this gives rather a false and upmarket view of the peasantry of the area of Liverpool. My advice is to remain at sea if one is visiting the area, for one's own safety.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DaveL on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:01 am

I had a good motion the other day. It must have been the prunes they were serving.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby black bart on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:41 am

One thinks one will stick to the country seat for the festive season what, what.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:20 am

Prunes will do that, my good sir.
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby black bart on Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:48 am

One partook of the Hogmanee celebrations wot wot?
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby The Black Spot on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:41 am

Good heavens, I have tried to expunge the Hogmanee from my memory. A most dreadful time full of sweaty ruffians eating sheeps bladders. No, my good Bart, I am instead anticipating a much more pleasant time when the Olympiad commences.

I have gotten quite into the swing of things. I am so in favour of the furtherment of sporting prowess that I have allowed part of the grounds to host the beach volleyball competition; it'll be in the west field -- you know, the one my bedroom overlooks. I have also arranged for a shower block to be built adjacent to the same bedroom for the use of the young ladies in the teams. One must do one's bit, you know.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Postby black bart on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:52 am

How absolutely fabulous Lord Spot, one has to do one's untmost to support the coming Olympiad in the spirit of Fair Play, Honesty and Incredibly Skimpy Swimwear. I shall certainly be following the Brazilians.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby The Black Spot on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:00 am

Yes, Sir Bart, I expect we shall see many Brazilians during the Olympiad. I hear they are expected to be prominent in the synchronised swimming event. One of my favourites, by the way
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Postby black bart on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:46 am

Synchronised Brazilians, what Ho...I shall be glued to my 52 inch HD TV for that one.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby The Black Spot on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:46 am

Indeed, Sir Bart. I'm sure you will be appreciating all the activity whilst sitting with your 52 incher in front of you. It is rare for me to find someone with such a deep appreciation for sporting events as yourself. I notice that the gymnastic events begin in the first week. Are you expecting many Brazilians to turn up there?
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:32 pm

My good sirs !
I am agast ! Shameless young nubiles bounding about thee streets and alleys ! I never heard of nor seen such open displays of hedonistic depravity !
Prithee Spot , direct me to thee residence of these wanton lost souls that i may have a good look for myself .
Shall i bring a case of rum for thee evening ?
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby black bart on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:09 am

Well quite, quite, one can't get enough of good exercise. Why only the other night I was putting the new parlour maid through her paces, one has to keep one's staff in top condition in this year of our Gracious Maj's Diamond Joobileee. One never knows when Her Maj might drop in for a spot of Tiffin.
black bart
Resident Weevil

PreviousNext

Return to Pirate Discussion