Pirate Lingo Dictionary for de new crew members

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Dan(da haole guy) on Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:39 pm

ARR-oha.. b) is wot they call a "tautology", eh?..

(oi kin disparage da Irish..da haole part uv me be Irish/Canadian/whatevvah..so no "Oi! 'e's bein' anti-Gael an' a spalpeen in da bargain..", OK?)
KAULANA NA PUA A'O FSM..HANO HANO..FSM NO KA OI..
Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

Spalpeen

Postby black bart on Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:52 am

Spalpeen = A scamp; an Irish term for a good-for-nothing fellow; - often used in good-humored contempt or ridicule.

This Pirate thread is a veritable seat of learning!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby walktheplank on Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:10 am

FSB: Festering Stupid Blaggards often found on Pirate Forums, beware these individuals know nothing about piracy.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
walktheplank
Lumache Lieutenant

Wig

Postby black bart on Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:51 am

Walktheplank's Wig: A festerin entity often encountered on the Portsmouth Docks...soon to be riding the windy airwaves of Sydney!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby walktheplank on Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:07 am

Black Bart's Wallet - Last opened in 1695, contains moths, spiderwebs but no money
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
walktheplank
Lumache Lieutenant

ailment

Postby black bart on Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:14 am

Long Winded Taleitis: Seafaring ailment causing drowsiness and the urge to jump over the side in a storm...one of the main carryers being Walktheplank, avoid him if he sais the words: "It were a dark and stormy night..."
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby walktheplank on Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:34 am

Over Postitis - The urge to post on every thread at all costs even though only 1 post in 20 may be remotely interesting. This ailment affects many but particularly the pirate known as Black Bart.
walktheplank
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby OZ_Nick on Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:54 pm

Francine the Flaggellator - much loved Dominatrix from the Madam Fifi's. Particularly favoured by a certain alcohol saturated pirate of simian appearance
----

Ye may knowe mee better as Cap'n Bluenose
OZ_Nick
Stele Second Mate

Postby tanguerra on Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:56 am

Toothless Kate - old hag, chief petty officer, enforcer, debt collector and Tanguerra's personal bodyguard and theatrical agent. Once she were a beautiful Tahitian Princess (or would a been, had she been born on the right side of the blanket). After takin' a position as wet-nurse to baby Tanguerra, she were hopelessly led astray and before long fell into piratical ways. A long and adventurous life and much exposure to foul weather has made her what she is today. (She were always in possession of a foul temper)

Sanchez - Cabin Boy on the Purple Primrose. A dab hand with a feather duster and well able to run up a dress at short notice, though he be only 17. Blindly devoted to Tanguerra and an excellent giver or foot massages and bringer of cups of cocoa after a long hard day of swaggerin' about and showin' off. Never buy him a drink in the tavern as he has no head fer liquor and is somewhat inclined ter begin fights what he has no ability to bring to a successful conclusion. Ye'll have Tanguerra (and Kate) ter answer to if any harm should befall a hair on his golden head. A good cabin boy is very hard ter find and he's got a couple years left in him yet before I have ter trade him in for a younger one.
Aaarrrrgggh!

Reed me booke. It's got pirates innit http:\\how-to-find-love.com
tanguerra
Humble Hermit

Postby The Black Spot on Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:17 am

"Red" Keith Liversausage - Mayor of Portsmouth. Promises to crack down on crime, but is kidnapped so often that he hasn't had time yet.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

ear

Postby black bart on Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:19 am

"Red" Keith Liversausage's ear: Seperated from the mayor, wherabouts unknown.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby walktheplank on Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:50 am

One Eyed Nick - The randiest rat that ever lived and personally responsible for 3000 offspring currently running riot in the bilge of Dave L's ship. Nick is slowly losing his sight in his one eye and adds weight to the old saying that to much of the other makes one go blind.
walktheplank
Lumache Lieutenant

Blue Peter

Postby black bart on Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:16 am

Sticky backed Plastic: a clear plastic with adhesive on the back made famous by the BBC TV children's programme 'Blue Peter.'
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby tanguerra on Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:14 am

The Aproned Scrubber - Super heroine, dedicated to ridding the world of slovenly housekeeping everywhere.
Wife to the Dark Avenger (righter of wrongs and scourge of evil doers, however ineffective, in Portsmouth)
Aaarrrrgggh!

Reed me booke. It's got pirates innit http:\\how-to-find-love.com
tanguerra
Humble Hermit

Postby The Black Spot on Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:12 pm

Fish Head Shower - The unfortunate side effect of a bowl of dodgy stew and a night on the piss.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

PreviousNext

Return to Pirate Discussion