Pirate Lingo Dictionary for de new crew members

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby DaveL on Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:54 am

Booty Perch - A novel parrot perch with it's origins in Playbilge, consisting of 1 predominantly unclad woman + 1 parrot. The position of the seed dish is known to vary according to the imagination of the user.

Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Dish

Postby black bart on Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:16 am

Arrrrr, in my imagination I be reachin hard fer that seed dish!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby walktheplank on Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:35 am

arrr - A typical greeting to friend or foe.

arrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhh - Using your hook instead of your hand when you visit the toilet
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
walktheplank
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Dan(da haole guy) on Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:29 am

ARR-oha: Why'an pyrate greeting..(also "c ya"..we cannolis like t'multi-task..tho we not too sure wot it mean..)

CANNOLI: Hawai'ian/haole(white) mix..(from KANAKA/HAOLE.."kanaka" bein' da Why'an fo' "man"..)
KAULANA NA PUA A'O FSM..HANO HANO..FSM NO KA OI..
Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

Pasta

Postby black bart on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:57 am

Be that the Horigines of 'Canolini' matey?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Dan(da haole guy) on Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:08 pm

ARR-oha..oi'm inna dark abaht wot "canolini" means, mah bruddah..(we no get da "conny-nental eddcatshun" @ Ku-waha-ilo High ("Home uv da Rabid Poi Dogs")..)..i allus thot "cannoli" wus a eye-tally-un pastry..& us onna "Weeping Pustule", too, uv course..
KAULANA NA PUA A'O FSM..HANO HANO..FSM NO KA OI..
Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby DaveL on Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:38 am

McBlaggards - A ubiquitous fast food restaurant chain frequented by children and teenager pirates, with a sail through section.

Each 'Angry Meal' comes with toy weapon to collect. The signature burger is the weevil invested 'Big Weev', while seafood lovers can enjoy a 'Fillet O'Mermaid'.

Famed for their signature saying 'Would you like Flys with that?'
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

McYuckky

Postby black bart on Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:54 am

DaveL wrote:McBlaggards - A ubiquitous fast food restaurant chain frequented by children and teenager pirates, with a sail through section.

Each 'Angry Meal' comes with toy weapon to collect. The signature burger is the weevil invested 'Big Weev', while seafood lovers can enjoy a 'Fillet O'Mermaid'.

Famed for their signature saying 'Would you like Flys with that?'

AAArrrgh...I hates ta think what McBlaggards McFlurries are made of!
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DaveL on Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:54 am

Pir-gerian Mail Scam: A bunch of wacko Pirates from Africa's west coast who claim to be government representatives, wanting to deposit large sums of buried treasure in yer bank account. In fact they be only after your buried treasure.

Usually looks summit like this:

YARRRR!

DEAR SIR,

I AM THE SON OF A VERY IMPORTANT WEST AFRICAN PIRATE DIGNITARY (yaaar). I HAVE A BIG BURIED TREASURE WHICH I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH YOU, GOD BLESS.

IF YOU WOULD BE SO KIND OI WOULD LOVE TO DEPOSIT THIS LARGE FORTUNE IN YOUR BANK OF PORTSMOUTH ACCOUNT, (GROVEL, GROVEL).

COULD OI PLEASE HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS AND PASSWORDS, SO OI CAN MAKE THIS MOST VITAL TRANSACTION, (BEG, BEG)?

YOURS SINCERELY AND GOD BLESS,

CAPN OBUJIGWE OBASANDRO (yo ho ho and a bottle of Pir-gerian Moonshine)
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby walktheplank on Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:46 am

DaveL wrote:Pir-gerian Mail Scam: A bunch of wacko Pirates from Africa's west coast who claim to be government representatives, wanting to deposit large sums of buried treasure in yer bank account. In fact they be only after your buried treasure.

Usually looks summit like this:

YARRRR!

DEAR SIR,

I AM THE SON OF A VERY IMPORTANT WEST AFRICAN PIRATE DIGNITARY (yaaar). I HAVE A BIG BURIED TREASURE WHICH I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH YOU, GOD BLESS.
IF YOU WOULD BE SO KIND OI WOULD LOVE TO DEPOSIT THIS LARGE FORTUNE IN YOUR BANK OF PORTSMOUTH ACCOUNT, (GROVEL, GROVEL).

COULD OI PLEASE HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS AND PASSWORDS, SO OI CAN MAKE THIS MOST VITAL TRANSACTION, (BEG, BEG)?

YOURS SINCERELY AND GOD BLESS,

CAPN OBUJIGWE OBASANDRO (yo ho ho and a bottle of Pir-gerian Moonshine)

Yarr the only West Africans I will deal with are those that are strapped inside me hold and that I can exchange for a wad o cash on the other side of the Atlantic. That Wilberforce fellow e as a lot ter answer fer
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
walktheplank
Lumache Lieutenant

Grog

Postby black bart on Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:53 pm

Grog Voucher a legendary unit of currency hoarded by Cap'n Cronan in a giant Old Nick bottle...no one knows where.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:58 pm

The Whistling Kettle: Captain the Reverend Rowan Redbeard's ship, which is fitted with wheels and a steam engine. It can travel on land, sea, lake, and fairly wide river.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby DaveL on Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:06 pm

Well this explains yer penchant for drinking tea then!
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:08 pm

It's the penchant for tea that explains the ship!
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Lepracauns

Postby black bart on Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:15 pm

Ye've started seeing lepracauns =

a. Ye be stark ravin mad
b. ye be Irish and stark ravin mad
black bart
Resident Weevil

PreviousNext

Return to Pirate Discussion