Another mindless thread to get the Pirate thread count up

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Smiff

Postby black bart on Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:47 am

Aaaargh I be exhausted arter makin a voyage wiv Green Cap'n Smiff...

Every inch o the way all we got was: 'Watch out for that Dolphin, Mind that Whale, Careful there be a Rare Shark orf the Port Bow...

I even had ta make Vegetarian Fish Head Stew!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby anthrobabe on Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:50 am

Ah oi well amemberd Capn Green---- 'e were a speshul pirate 'e wuz. "E taught me so many new tricks.
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Postby Griffin on Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:00 pm

Aaaar! 'e wer so speshiul 'e wer jest loike me auntie.
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.
Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Easter Island

Postby black bart on Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:11 am

Dear god has ye all forgotten The Easter Island debacle?

Surely ye aint forgotten the toim when Smith's crew ate the last Dodo?

Then there was his ill fated scheme ta replace the sails on his ship wiv solar panels...

The man's a disaster I tells ye!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby anthrobabe on Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:05 am

them solar panels be on tha roof o the Benbow now-- member tha made 'is ship almost sink

but that aint tha kinda tricks 'e taught me-- anyway the solar panels don't work as this be a misty foggy town.

ye he were a right git.
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Postby Auntie Blackbeard on Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:03 am

Arrr, me dearies, oi be lookin fer sum strong young cabbin bouys to 'elp me hinstall solar panels in me Crow's Nest. Stop by yer Auntie's an lend a hand. Or a hook. There's good lads.
Auntie Blackbeard
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Green

Postby black bart on Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:56 am

Arrrrgh...Ye be jus tryin ta get into Green Cap'n Smith's good books.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby The Black Spot on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:31 am

Bah! Don't talk to me about Green Cap'n Smith.

The other day ee sez to me "Meet me tomorrow night for a drink and a curry. I'm buying." Well, that sounded alright in my book, so I meets 'im in The Mahatma Kote Restaurant on the high street. I were starvin' - I'd deliberately 'ad nuffin to eat all day, an' I were ready to eat a dinner that'd put a big hole in Smith's wallet.

"You're in for a treat tonight," said Green Cap'n Smith. "This restaurant does a very ecological menu; everything here is prepared so as not to harm the environment in any way."

Anyway, the first course turned up; it were a very thin, very pale soup. No lumps or nuffin innit. I sipped it - gah! It 'ad a nasty, insipid, slightly soapy flavour. I spits it out all o'er the table.

"What's this muck?" I sez.

"Nutshell broth," sez Smith. "People just throw nutshells away. Here, they make a healthy, nutritious starter from them. Cleans the palate wonderfully."

Cleans yer palate, I thought? Tastes more like one o' these tree-huggin' bastids had decided to recycle the dishwater. I slung the bowl at the nearest waiter an' told 'im to bring the next course out.

I needn't 'ave bothered. What turned up next were summit that looked like a bundle o' twigs wi' a spoonful o' cold sick poured over it.

"What the hell be this?" I sez, pokin' it wi' me fork.

"Chicken bone rissole," sez Green Smith crunchin' a mouthful o' the muck. "You see, most people just throw chicken bones away. Here they--"

"Smith," I sez. "Has ye ever thought about why people throw these things away?"

"Of course," 'ee sez. "It's because they're wasteful barbarians who have no thought at all for the planet. If..."

I missed the rest o' what Smith were sayin' coz I were so pleased with the nice "clunk" noise the pile o' chicken bones made when they bounced off the waiter's head.

"No, Smith," I sez. "They throw 'em away coz they be bluddy 'orrible. Everything in 'ere be bluddy 'orrible." I picked up a menu. "Look at this," I sez pointin' at the menu. "Eggshell fritter! An what's this - beak and claw flambe! And here - baked antlers!" I went to throw the menu at the waiter, but 'ee were hidin' in the kitchen. "Yer all bluddy nutters!" I shouted, an' stormed out an' went down the Admiral Benbow fer a pie made out o' the good bits o' an animal.

I tells ye, if Green Cap'n Smith ever invites me to a meal again, he'll get me carbon footprint up the arse o' his trousers.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:58 pm

BAH ! Capin Smith an' 'is "Newvow Cooseen " , why ... ye be leff 'ungree fer moors !
Mateys ... Ye canna go rong wiff ChowMein's reckquizzit cookbook ,

" Gore May Cooking Fer Thee Commun Pie Rut " . !

@#$%& ! Dang it all , iffein sum @#$% dun stole me copspee ! ( bless thee theven @#$% maggit ! )
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby Moral Minority on Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:36 am

Grandpa p'd his pants again, he don't give a damn.
Brother Billy has both guns drawn, he ain't been right since Vietnam.
Daddy's doing sister Sally, Grandma's dying of cancer now.
The cattle all have brucelosis, we'll get through somehow.
Moral Minority
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:46 pm

<insert mindless "aarrgghh" here>
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Smith

Postby black bart on Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:09 am

The Black Spot wrote:Bah! Don't talk to me about Green Cap'n Smith.

The other day ee sez to me "Meet me tomorrow night for a drink and a curry. I'm buying." Well, that sounded alright in my book, so I meets 'im in The Mahatma Kote Restaurant on the high street. I were starvin' - I'd deliberately 'ad nuffin to eat all day, an' I were ready to eat a dinner that'd put a big hole in Smith's wallet.

"You're in for a treat tonight," said Green Cap'n Smith. "This restaurant does a very ecological menu; everything here is prepared so as not to harm the environment in any way."

Anyway, the first course turned up; it were a very thin, very pale soup. No lumps or nuffin innit. I sipped it - gah! It 'ad a nasty, insipid, slightly soapy flavour. I spits it out all o'er the table.

"What's this muck?" I sez.

"Nutshell broth," sez Smith. "People just throw nutshells away. Here, they make a healthy, nutritious starter from them. Cleans the palate wonderfully."

Cleans yer palate, I thought? Tastes more like one o' these tree-huggin' bastids had decided to recycle the dishwater. I slung the bowl at the nearest waiter an' told 'im to bring the next course out.

I needn't 'ave bothered. What turned up next were summit that looked like a bundle o' twigs wi' a spoonful o' cold sick poured over it.

"What the hell be this?" I sez, pokin' it wi' me fork.

"Chicken bone rissole," sez Green Smith crunchin' a mouthful o' the muck. "You see, most people just throw chicken bones away. Here they--"

"Smith," I sez. "Has ye ever thought about why people throw these things away?"

"Of course," 'ee sez. "It's because they're wasteful barbarians who have no thought at all for the planet. If..."

I missed the rest o' what Smith were sayin' coz I were so pleased with the nice "clunk" noise the pile o' chicken bones made when they bounced off the waiter's head.

"No, Smith," I sez. "They throw 'em away coz they be bluddy 'orrible. Everything in 'ere be bluddy 'orrible." I picked up a menu. "Look at this," I sez pointin' at the menu. "Eggshell fritter! An what's this - beak and claw flambe! And here - baked antlers!" I went to throw the menu at the waiter, but 'ee were hidin' in the kitchen. "Yer all bluddy nutters!" I shouted, an' stormed out an' went down the Admiral Benbow fer a pie made out o' the good bits o' an animal.

I tells ye, if Green Cap'n Smith ever invites me to a meal again, he'll get me carbon footprint up the arse o' his trousers.

Have a bit o sympathy for those poor waiters Spot...that be just their evenin job, durin the day they works at the Fish Head Stew factory siftin out the bones to make toothpicks.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby pieces o'nine on Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:42 am

Yarrr, Black Spot, ye fergot wun.

Oi yused ter have sun lanlubber frens (they woz pyrates, too, but in a lan-locked, Hexcel spred-sheetin, nektigh-warin sort o' way) who regularly dined at a local hestablishment wot catered to their parrrticularrr crowd. Hennyways, thee moste popularrr appa taser were "Potato Skins". Roight hexpensive they were, too.

Oi asks ye: ware do yer fink thee "Potato Skins" come frum iffin not the "Baked Potato in Jacket" jus served to thee necks table ovver?

Managers not be thee sharpest cannonballs in thee bilge, sumtoimes...
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby anthrobabe on Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:40 am

ye be rite Spot! rite on it

Stops by an ol Gert'll not five ye nuffin but a foine mess of meat, an potato wif lots o luverly gravy poured all over tha top o it all......

(note to self-- puts that one in the non-physical pickup line list--- )
My mantra
www.gorillafund.org

anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:06 pm

Just throw Tiddles at him.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Previous

Return to Pirate Discussion