The Scurvy Dog - Yer first drink be on the house

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby tanguerra on Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:06 pm

Lookin' up ye sez? Well, here's lookin up yer mainsails and all.

<Hoists first raw egg with delicately curled pinky>

Ahh! That's better! What is this tea caper anyways? I can understand a tea drinking contest to cap off a top evening, but me dear old pa always warned me that tea drinking saps the strength - at least that was iz story.
tanguerra
Humble Hermit

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:38 pm

Quite nice. Thank you dear ape.

*gently sips*

Ahhhhhh!
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby OZ_Nick on Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:44 am

<quietly to Black Spot> Ye be roigth there Spot me ole bucko. Oi thort 'e be lookin too fancy fer a poirate, poor feeler, so Oi thort Oi'd 'elp im out loike by allowin 'im ter break wun o 'is front teefs on that bit o' ye left over Red Cowe Pie crust. all part o' the' serviss.</quite mode>

Yarr Tanguerra!

Oi not be sure it were 'is strength that ye dear ole pappy were talkin abowt.
----

Ye may knowe mee better as Cap'n Bluenose
OZ_Nick
Stele Second Mate

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:04 am

*takes a last sip of tea*

I've always been of the mind that it is pointless to be strong as an ox if ye finish as fast as one too. Poor creatures. Too much fermented vegetation in their diets.

That's how I lost my eye. I drank too much got-rut one evening and fired a shot without aiming. Now I always take the time to oil the barrel carefully, breath deeply, become one with the target, then fire.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby tanguerra on Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:22 am

Rowan you be such a sweet talker. You is! You can oil your barrel anytime you like and make all the ladies swoon, I'm sure you can.

My old Dad swore by rum though. He were very old school mind. You'd not catch him going anywhere near a tea pot, unless of course it might be silver and nobody lookin' and all, ye know.
tanguerra
Humble Hermit

Postby Dan(da haole guy) on Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:25 am

ARR-oha..Cap'n Rowan..oi took yer ad-wise abaht "oilin', breathin', an' becomin' one wit' da tARRGHet" befo' firin' " on me las' sojourn t' da dee-vine chapel uv eart'ly dee-lites (AKA Madame Fifi's)..buoy how-D!! dat stuff woiks a treat anna half. :D....fangya, brah..('n' Sue 'n' Charlotte 'n' Wendy fangs ya, too..)
KAULANA NA PUA A'O FSM..HANO HANO..FSM NO KA OI..
Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:11 pm

So that's why I can never keep a silver teapot in my cabin.

And Danny, me lad, ye're welcome as welcome can be. Just don't share the advice with too many others. I'd hate to think of people shooting off their pistols because of me.

*whispers* Besides, it might make it harder for me to find a target if everyone else has fired at them all.

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby tanguerra on Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:59 pm

Ah, so ye're acquainted with me old man? It's been many a year since I see'd his black heart anywhere near me and I tell ye what, I'd better not see it any time in the near future to be sure.

If ye sees him (count yer fingers and check yer pockets immediately) tell him I said 'To the devil wid ya, ye no good for nothin' scurvy swab. Fond regards Tanguerra'.
tanguerra
Humble Hermit

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:05 am

I wouldn't say that I was aquainted with him. Only that I am aquainted with the results of not seeing him.

Trust me, m'lady. Had I seen him, you would never have to worry about seeing him again. One of those teapots was a family heirloom. My great-grandmother stole it from a queen.

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby OZ_Nick on Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:59 am

Yarr, and who did the queen steal it from?
----

Ye may knowe mee better as Cap'n Bluenose
OZ_Nick
Stele Second Mate

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am

She coundn't tell me g'gran. It's a little hard to speak with your throat slit.

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby tanguerra on Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:34 pm

Yaaaar! Yer Great Granny sounds like my sort o' gal! Har har!!

<slurps last of raw eggs, wipes mouth with back of hand>

Ahh! That's better! Right as rain once more and ready for a bit of Captain's Delight and on with some solid carousing. Possibly some merriment with a couple of those on board. Possibly some debauchery later in the evening, see how we goes or whether Toothless Kate puts in an appearance.

It's mighty quiet in here though, don't you think inn-keeper? Were are all the other lubbers at? Home with their knittin' or doing a bit of the ol spit and polish about the ship perhaps?
tanguerra
Humble Hermit

Postby DaveL on Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:20 am

YArrrr...

Grandparents!!

Given the life expectancy of people in the 1700's, o'id be thinkin ye'd be dead by the toime yer be 55.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Gibbet

Postby black bart on Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:42 am

ARRRRRRRRRR...my grandpappy be still with us would ye believe...still livin it up in Portsmouth Harbour loik...well, livin aint quoit the roight word...he be hangin all skeletal loik in a gibbet...been thar since 1685!

He be a very popular Tourist destination though...they loiks ta frighten the children by rattlin his bones and shoutin "Eat yer Greens or ye'll end up loik Grampy Bart!"
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Dan(da haole guy) on Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:38 pm

ARR-oha...we wen try dat wunce wit' da keeds 'n' all dey wen said wuz.."dat buggah mebbe bony, but he rilly well-hung.."..we nevvah no more try da "improving one's children by scaring the **** out of them.." tekneek..
KAULANA NA PUA A'O FSM..HANO HANO..FSM NO KA OI..
Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

PreviousNext

Return to Pirate Discussion