The Scurvy Dog - Yer first drink be on the house

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby tanguerra on Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:40 pm

That tea! Positively unhealthy it is! Captain Rowan, did ye never think of coffee perhaps? At least that'll give ye a wee kick. Speaking of which, I think Old Kate might make an appearance before long, blast her, long as she don't bring that flaysome cat!

People sometimes wonder why I keeps her on and puts up with her evil ways. It be a long and salty tale indeed. We goes back to when I were only a teensy little nipper. She weren't always such a fearsome, screechin old hag ye knows. Once she were even somethin' of a beauty - I know tis harrrd to believe today. I might tell that tale one day, the Tale of Toothless Kate.

But first another round! Yaaaar! It be Frideee in Port O Spain anyways!
Aaarrrrgggh!

Reed me booke. It's got pirates innit http:\\how-to-find-love.com
tanguerra
Humble Hermit

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:43 pm

If ye've never had a cup of proper tea, I can understand how ye might feel that way, m'lady. But tea gives a kick as well as a mental relaxation. The very process of making the tea is a meditative exercise in itself.

*smells steeping tea*

Ahhhhhhhhh.....
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby tanguerra on Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:35 am

Medication? Medi..what!?

<Tanguerra's delicate brow is furrowed by this foreign and unfamilar word>
Aaarrrrgggh!

tanguerra
Humble Hermit

Postby Dan(da haole guy) on Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:01 pm

ARR-oha, Cap'n tanguerra..'tis loike finkin' reely 'ARRd abaht sumfink 'n' nex' t'ing ye know it be mornin' an' yer gots "bedhead"..wee hint: no let da navigator "meditate" 'er they'll surely meditate da ship into a reef..(slappin' da navigator ebbery once inna while keeps 'em alert, jus' so's ya know..)
KAULANA NA PUA A'O FSM..HANO HANO..FSM NO KA OI..
Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby tanguerra on Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:12 pm

Arrgh Dan, sounds like a typical Saturdee night an all. Be that what this tea is fer? Thinkin' really hard? Do it work better an rum?

Yaaar, I am in favour of giving any member of the crew a good cuffing now and again. Keeps em on their toes.
Aaarrrrgggh!

tanguerra
Humble Hermit

Postby Dan(da haole guy) on Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:05 pm

ARR-oha, Cap'n tanguerra..nuffing work mo' bettah dan rum..thinkin' reely hARRd jus' puts me t'sleep, but wit' enuf rum, da dreams be speckled-tackular..

tea, onna udda han' be filled wit' wot dey call "tannic acids, bilabial carbo-chondrites & caffeinated-phospholipids" (hadda hostage wunce wot droned on 'n' on abaht 'ow bad tea wuz fer yez..them's 'er woids..she wuz roight, too..she wuz aboard a tea-galleon 'n' ended up a hostage..got a swell ransom fer 'er frum da Royal Chymical Society, so alla blather wuz worth it..)

'appy pillagin' inna Great Southern Sea.. :fsm_yarr:
Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby DaveL on Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:22 pm

YArrrr...

Oi luves meself a good dose of Anti-Oxi-dants. There be nuffin werse than an Ox, so any chemicals that are against them are OK in my book.

Oi also loves a good tea wif a dose of Anti-Goat-idants, Anti-Sheep-idants and Anti-Horsei-dants. Darn cloven animals!
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby Dan(da haole guy) on Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:37 pm

ARR-oha..YARR! & auntie-piggy-dance, too..howsumevvah, cruciate veggies be OK..'xcept wit' tea..

*dis be a buncha posts abaht tea??* oh...nebber min' den..*wot? 'tis abaht "pyrate datin' tips"..no! fo' reals??* in dat case..oi brush da teef (& no forgettem in glass by da bunk!), sea water bawth (beer suds fer looks),
puttim on bes' 6.5 league boots (wen gettem on sale @ "pyrate garb ARR us"), 'n' wide-whale (made from whale-skin..so there!) swashbucklin'-kine pants widda Under Armour HeatGear dARRk blue shirt & red-eye t'go..(wit' da necessary accessories-sash/cutlass/pistol/goofy hat/surly parrot..)

sorree..wen got los' inna thread..dis abaht pub-crawls, innit? mo' bettah luck nex' toime.. :fsm_yarr:
Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby pastafari on Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:56 pm

Oi don't roightly knows the point of discussin' de tea in a pub, but everyone knows rum, tea and hardtack are a poirates staple diet, double rations of rum on the barrelhead fridees, and salt beef on Sundees. When the staples runs out however, we can eat the hammocks and such.
Now turn the capstan and hoist the mainsa'l, oi gots a comely wench awaiting on the docks of South'ampton.
And then the FSM extended His noodly appendage, tasted the Holy Sauce of Life, and declared It good.
pastafari
Ziti Zealot

Comely

Postby black bart on Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:48 pm

Comely Wench....Southhamptin????

Ye needs new spectacles matey!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby tanguerra on Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:41 pm

Aaaarrrrgh! It be Captin Rowan's turn to buy the next round. That be his punishment fer all this tea pallaverin'!

I'll have two Captain's Delights and we'd best set up a flagon of rum for old Kate, she'll be along shortly, I can feel it in me water, and ye can see them rats getting nervous over thar in the corner. They does that. Very sensitive animals rats, in case ye didn't know that already.

Inn Keeper, let's have another round.
Aaarrrrgggh!

tanguerra
Humble Hermit

Round

Postby black bart on Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:36 am

Belch!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Dan(da haole guy) on Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:25 am

ARR-oha..'n' as we chant onna "Weeping Pustule":

wine makes ya fine

ale makes ya hale

brandy makes ya randy

and

rum makes ya..wish ya'd not wasted all yer drinkin' toime wit' da above 3
potations..(wot? yez thought i was gonna say arrive, din't ya!) :fsm_yarr:
Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

Ginger

Postby black bart on Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:00 am

arrrrr...Ginger beer makes yer...
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Dan(da haole guy) on Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:14 pm

ARR-oha...an' gin makes ye sin (furwhich we all be thankful..)
Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

PreviousNext

Return to Pirate Discussion