The Maritime Serious Discussion Rant

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Treasure

Postby black bart on Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:59 am

Ye've lost me thar mate...

I have got a map, but it be me treasure map so it baint none o yer business.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DaveL on Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:33 pm

YArrrrr...sorry Max, didn't quite get yer there, but feel free to join in. We are trying to write an pseudo-inflammatory rant...not trying to boost our post count at ALL. Yarrrr...there be no hell. Only the one on earth created by us blokes.

Bart, is that Treasure Map book marked on 'Google Portsmouth' for the me see?
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Grog

Postby black bart on Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:03 am

ARRRRRRR...I hopes so, or I'll never be able ta pay fer me Grog!!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby The Black Spot on Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:08 am

DaveL wrote:...there be no hell. Only the one on earth created by us blokes.

Arrrr... I reckons the wenches have had summit to do with it as well.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Postby anthrobabe on Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:26 pm

The Black Spot wrote:

I don't know 'bout making it so
but I can sure raise it :wink:
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Postby black bart on Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:16 am

anthrobabe wrote:
The Black Spot wrote:

I don't know 'bout making it so
but I can sure raise it :wink:

HHHAAARRRR I be quotin from a quote within a quote...it makes fer easy postin! Just don't quote me on it!
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DaveL on Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:16 am

YArrrr...

O'im already in trubble off Saucy Gert for publishing the latest articles in PlayBilge. As long as yer don't post pictures of buxom wimmin bastin turkeys, you shall be kept from the wrath of the Saucy One.

There will be no more mischief comin' me, ay Saucy Gert :wink:
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby OZ_Nick on Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:27 pm

Yarrr! Well, iffen they no be bastin turkeys, what the hey will they be doin?
----

Ye may knowe mee better as Cap'n Bluenose
OZ_Nick
Stele Second Mate

Postby DaveL on Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:05 pm

YArrrr...

O'im havin bad thoughts of Eunice O'Hare bastin a turkey in the next PlayBilge edition.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Bastin

Postby black bart on Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:48 am

AAARRRGH...I be wonderin how much bastin it takes when Eunice goes for a sunbathe on deck!
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DaveL on Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:06 pm

Arghhhh, that be a fine thought indeed there Bart. Oi believes Eunice is a great lover of health, fitness and sunbakin'. However, her delicate skin can only take so much of the suns rays.

That aside, I'd say she probably uses more sunscreen than an cricket team in one sitting.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby tanguerra on Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:51 am

Do you suppose in pirate hell everyone has to shave, drink milk, eat their vegetables and cursin' and rampagin' be banned?

On 'tother hand in pirate heaven would be nothing but turkey bastin lovelies handin' around jars of rum and as much plunder and mayhem as you could handle?

Just a thought to keep things moving along, loike. C'mon lads! Have at it!
tanguerra
Humble Hermit

Postby ChowMein on Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:23 am

Max_Painful wrote:You hope i get sent to hell therefore proving that you encourage violence, to my knowledge of the gospel, the FSM rather's i didn't continue such violence. - Your religion instigates violence then your followers claim the lord shows them the light... Yer got no map!

????? Have ye responded to the roite thread Max ? I cant recall any pirates wishing ill will upon anyone , especially newbies .

If ye read thru the vast majority of pirate threads , the most popular are solely intended to give people a laugh for the day . Granted there are threads that are written by some overzealous young 'ens , but they are ,if you look below the surface , all in good fun and most of the kids are well behaved .

I'm sorry but I can't find much to cause offense , my characters' "sea battles " are a farce IMO , involving food as ammunition . I try to make a point of describing them as something to be avoided .

If anything some of us may be guilty of cutting the line a wee close with innuendo ( and they know who they are! ) . For the most part ( IMO again ) and judging from many responses from folks of all ages and backgrounds , the pirates accomplish their goals admirably .

Look around some more , you'll find most pirates threads don't mention anything of a religious or sacrilegious manner . Instead you will discover clever wordplay , punny one-liners , references to great literary works , references to historical facts and personages , ( although they may get a royal parody treatment )and ripping satire of a fictional nature or of current events etc....

We get a lot of very young posters here so us older and wiser ( or just old ) pirates tend to tread carefully (some of us are parents and grandparents ). We enjoy the enthusiasm and exuberance of the newbs , young and old , even if they can't decyphaRR a thing we write.
We welcome everyone who wishes to join us yet ye must obey the forum rules .

Max , your post in this thread is the most offensive thing i've read in pirates since i've been here and is considered a bit trollish according to the rules .

I hope you just made an honest mistake and see that pirates is above politics , egos , religion and anything else that remotely resembles seriousness.

We are a friendly lot and enjoy tickling our collective funny bones and we hope all the guests that pop in to read of our misadventures have a good belly laugh as well .
I do wish more would come aboard and keep the absurdity going for as long as the net is alive .

By the way my map is up to date and I am the only one that knows the location of the midjit ring ( I'll fill y'all in as soon as I fine me log book ) .

Join us for some fun , tickle some funnybones for yourself , you may find it as rewarding as we do . If you are respectful , with a modicum of decorum , you will be most certainly welcome by us all , seasoned and newb pirate alike. :mrgreen:
Quote :" ARRR! GAGAGAGA ! , ...de sailin' loife fer me. ARR! GAGAGAGAGa....arr gagaga.....a...". (Popeye The Sailor)
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Worse

Postby black bart on Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:13 am

tanguerra wrote:Do you suppose in pirate hell everyone has to shave, drink milk, eat their vegetables and cursin' and rampagin' be banned?

On 'tother hand in pirate heaven would be nothing but turkey bastin lovelies handin' around jars of rum and as much plunder and mayhem as you could handle?

Just a thought to keep things moving along, loike. C'mon lads! Have at it!

AAAAAARRRRRR...I thought we wuz livin in Pirate Hell...Fish Head Stew, Scurvy, Zankou, Walktheplank's wig...

Ye mean thar's worse!!!!!!!! :?
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby The Black Spot on Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:49 am

Aye matey.

In pirate hell, ye will be a despicable character forced to sail the seas in a leaky, rotting hulk o' a ship wi' souls in misery wailin' in yer ears. Ye will... oh damn...
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

PreviousNext

Return to Pirate Discussion