internet piracy

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby The Buttery Lobster on Tue May 01, 2007 11:54 pm

Then where do you draw the line? If it doesn't affect you, sure. But what if someone (such as that guy who started that thread in the book discussion thread) wanted to pirate the holy Gospel? I mean, you're trying to spread the word, right? So where does the line stand?

I think that internet piracy is NOT piracy in the traditional sense in that it's stated goal is not for profit (or "booty") but rather for enjoyment of the materials being pirated... that would be like a pirate stealing the jewels from a ship not so he could acrue wealth and land and power but rather so he could sit there and stare at them and admire their shine, or plunder some sort of... i don't know... art related cargo... and admire the art.

The internet piracy that remains true to the pirate fashion would have to involve some sort of forceable theft from corporate hands (which all internet piracy does, I'm sure) and ALSO the ability to turn this theft into profit.
As of 5/2, new to Pastafarianism, I may be a convert.
The Buttery Lobster
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Avatar of Nothing on Thu May 03, 2007 6:55 am

IMHO Internet piracy = :fsm_yarr: as the pirate forcibly removes the object of desire from the piratee's possession (or at least makes a copy) unfortunately, there still isn't enough pirates to stop global warming. and the pirate CAN get his booty, buy bootlegging disks and various movies etc.
I, in fact, have no relation to Avatar of Reason. My name developed several years ago on its own.
Ziti Zealot

Postby The Buttery Lobster on Thu May 03, 2007 2:25 pm

so is it ethical to pirate the Gospel? Just playing devil's advocate here.
As of 5/2, new to Pastafarianism, I may be a convert.
The Buttery Lobster
Conchigliette Convert

Postby PantyGnawer on Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:18 am

PG sneaks in and steals all your rum
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby PantyGnawer on Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:01 am

PirateGuy wrote:P000000000000000rn

I agree.
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby Duckfoot on Tue May 06, 2008 9:06 am

I actually bought The Gospel of The FSM, and was slightly disappointed with the quality of the paper for eleven dollars. :( (I am a cheapskate.)
Anyway, I only pirate (mostly unlicensed in America) Japanese music. I can't turn on the radio without hearing American crap. Why would I want it on my computer?
Duckfoot

Paper

Postby black bart on Tue May 06, 2008 9:21 am

Arrrrrrr...I was disapointed wiv the quality o the paper an all...but not alf as disapointed as Knuckles O'Shuffle, he said he had ta use four sheets to his usual one o kleenex...

Does I arf ta delete me own post now? :?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Previous

Return to Pirate Discussion