The Origin of Pirate vs Ninja

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby deadgenome on Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:30 pm

And a parrot that speaks in sign language
-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-.,.-*`*-
+ don't get hung up on symbols +

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
deadgenome
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Duke on Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:04 am

Yes, with poison tipped beaks and claws... Dark beauty.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby EarthRise on Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:32 am

And swords made of sharpened lotus petals
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby violadude on Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:39 am

What about ninja pirates? Are they caught in the middle, struggling to fend for themselves in a world which demands people are only ninja or pirate? WHAT ABOUT CHRIS??? (www.weebls-stuff.com- check the ninja pirate. Arr!)

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help the bunny gain world domination. C&P him into your signature.
violadude
Conchigliette Convert

Postby EarthRise on Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:40 am

violadude wrote:What about ninja pirates? Are they caught in the middle, struggling to fend for themselves in a world which demands people are only ninja or pirate? WHAT ABOUT CHRIS??? (www.weebls-stuff.com- check the ninja pirate. Arr!)

No worries. The FSM accepts pirate-ninja hybrids, because he understands that some people prefer a lifestyle opposite the pirate. But we must always claim to be pirates and follows some pirate traditions. (I claim to be a hybrid too.)
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby Duke on Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:36 pm

violadude wrote:What about ninja pirates? Are they caught in the middle, struggling to fend for themselves in a world which demands people are only ninja or pirate? WHAT ABOUT CHRIS??? (www.weebls-stuff.com- check the ninja pirate. Arr!)

I am proud to say that I am a Ninja Pirate, and even prouder to say that there are many more than I on this forum, lurking about....

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby theallpowerful on Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:36 pm

What about the more modern image of a pirate?

The late twenties long-haired, heavy smoker, sat in front of his computer downloading badly dubbed copies of films and then burning them en-masse with his huge stack of DVD-Re-Writers and then selling them for a fiver a pop at the local car boot sale?

I mean how does he fit into this equation?
theallpowerful
Ziti Zealot

Postby Duke on Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:04 pm

They don't fit into the equation because they are not pirates in the traditional sense. There's a thread about that somewhere:

http://venganza.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

Towards the bottom.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby theallpowerful on Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:38 am

Dammit... was hoping my... uh... friend, could get away with claiming a piratical lifestyle without actually picking up a cutlass or boarding a boat... :cry:
theallpowerful
Ziti Zealot

Postby hobo by choice on Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:32 pm

would a ninja pirate stealth kill a person with a cutlace?
for that matter, what could a drunken pirate ninja do? i dont even want to think about that one.
there are 10 kinds of people in this world. those who understand binary and those who get laid...

sex is evil
evil is sin
sin is forgiven
so go ahead, stick it in!
hobo by choice
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Duke on Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:43 am

hobo by choice wrote:would a ninja pirate stealth kill a person with a cutlace?

With a cutlass? Sure, if I felt like it. Daggers work too, and so do hooks and peg legs.
hobo by choice wrote:for that matter, what could a drunken pirate ninja do?

Whatever a drunken Ninja-Pirate felt like doing. :fsm_ninja: 8) :fsm_yarr:

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby zim511 on Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:23 am

would a ninja be able to use a gun?
zim511
Ziti Zealot

Postby EarthRise on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:39 am

zim511 wrote:would a ninja be able to use a gun?

A ninja could use a frikkin' bazooka to take out his target, but would he? Probably not; it would reveal his position fairly quickly. I figure most ninjas resort to silent techniques, and guns/loud arms are for use in desperate circumstances.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby Duke on Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:41 pm

zim511 wrote:would a ninja be able to use a gun?

I've been known to use silenced pistols and the occasional silenced MP-5, but I'm a real sucker for long, long range sniper rifles. Other Ninjas, not so much. And that's cool too.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Meatball on Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:46 pm

pirates and ninjas should make sweet love

just think, the pirks of a pirate with the stealth killing abilities of a ninja

not that pirates cant kill, we do a fine job and would in in a fight
Meatball
Bucatini Buccanneer

PreviousNext

Return to Pirate Discussion