Serious Pirate Discussion

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Griffin on Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:45 am

This topic be adrift mateys. Blown off course by an evil wind (that stew be fiercesome). Haul up yer mainsails and chuck the stew overboard.

Oi be avin a load o guests fer TLAP an I need ter spruce up me State cabins. Wot be suitable fernishings?
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.
Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

horse

Postby black bart on Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:42 pm

Dave L wrote:

Oi think that there horse was in the last batch. Used the remaining bits for glue...

I've never understood that cos horses just aint sticky!!! :fsm_yarr:
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Socks

Postby black bart on Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:27 am

Now lets get this serious Pirate Discussion back on track:

How many pairs of socks did a Pirate need per voyage?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby walktheplank on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:09 am

Socks don't yer mean Stocks

Stocks well I as one fer me wench if she burns me stew.
One fer each of me crew on a rota system loike.
One fer me enemies, at the end of me plank.
One fer blaggards loike yer cos you can't spell.

Now stop bothering me I as a crew ter flog afore Supper ternite.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
walktheplank
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby DaveL on Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:25 pm

YArrrr...

Oi thinks we can discuss pirate raiding parties. That be an interesting topic of conversation. Never been on one meself :wink: :wink: :wink:
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Ghost

Postby black bart on Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:13 am

YYYAARRRR...I thinks we be raidin a Ghost Ship me hearties! :?
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby ChowMein on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:05 pm

Arr! Bless me eyes! I had not thought that the Admiralty be back.

Grand Admiral Dave ,Admiral Black, Commadore Walk, the fleet is in shambles sins the Admiralty moved headquarters . I wuz the only one left aboard me ship afeer anthrobabe and tansy stripped off an swam fer shore in the CarARGHbean eyelands fer eyepatches and stripper gear.

I dunno wots becum of bosum E.Raser , taint seen em in munz , maybes hes dry dock sumwheres. The pass 10 munz eyes been making the skiff me home. Since Tiddles run off the rats be running me ship . Dere be no more provisions fer em sews they be drooling evry toime they see me. I must catch more seafood effin eyes wants to stay aboard.

Eyes had no contact wiff any udder ships nor the mates dat signed on wiff me. Tis lonely here sumtoimes (effin not fer the rats)
Eyes be hearing thru the ether dat new recruits ave signed on ,as well as cabin boyz ,buts cooking fer rats 'ave kep me frum sending up a signal.

So ,wots be me new orders?
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Postby DaveL on Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:13 pm

YArrrrr...

Oi thinks we might be back for a while matey. Pirates be pirates they come and go. P'raps we will return to Ole Portsmouth matey.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

E Raser

Postby black bart on Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:42 am

ChowMein wrote:I dunno wots becum of bosum E.Raser ,taint seen em in munz,maybes hes dry dock sumwheres.

We'll have to search the Seven Seas for the lad of mystery and dead Swans...All I can remember is that he was Italian. Perhaps if we post loads of pictures of pizzas he will we lured back!
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DaveL on Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:18 am

YArrrr...

Where is Taichi these days? Oi thoughts the prospect of a serious discussion thread woud have 'im postin his knowledgable little pandaloons off!
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby Griffin on Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:38 am

Oi's jest receeved wind o' a long lost parchment hentitled
'Ow Ter Run Yer Ship - A Cap'ns Guide', 1752, Bills and Boom.

It wer 3/6d but Oi got site o' a chapter fer free.

Chapter 8.

Deployin Yer Crew.

a) Line yer crew hup in the followin' order left ter roight.

Cap'n - First Mate - Second Mate - Third Mate - Fourth Mate - Fifth Mate

'appen ye'll 'av ter bob abowt a bit befor ye get em in order so tek up yer positiun last.

b) March em rownd ther ship an' peel 'em awf wun at a toime.

c) Check yer crew are now one at each corner o' the ship wiv Fifth Mate left over.

d) Throw the Fifth Mate overboard. That'll teech the ovvers ter mind ther buisiness.

e) Line up the rest o' the crew in the followin order:

Cap'n - Cook - Cabin Boy

f) Get the Cook ter cook ther Cabin Boy.

g) Throw one o' the Cabin Boys legs to each of the four mates an eet the rest yeself.

There's sum stuff you can do now you got a bit o' grub in yer belly. See Chapter 9.

h) Put into nearest port an get a new Cabin Boy.

Sum werds o' advice:

Don't allow the Fifth Mate ter wear plimsolls - yer goin' ter need 'em wen ye get ter Chapter 20. Refer back to Chapter 2 for "rum".

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It be a foine book fer Serious Pirates 'appen it be a but out o' date. It be amazin wot ye ken lern from old books. Mebbe sum ovver Chapters will turn up.
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.
Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby The Black Spot on Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:24 am

Arrr... I read that book once. I recalls a chapter entitled "How Big An Anchor Should My Ship Have?"

It went inter all sorts o' fancy calculations about displacements an' drag coefficients an' wave vectors an' such. All bollux if ye asks me. A good rule o' thumb be this: put twenty prisoners in a sack, tie the sack to the anchor an' throw the lot o'er the side. If it stays sunk, it be 'eavy enough.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Postby black bart on Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:26 pm

Arrrr indeed, that book be required readin for any self respectin professional loik Pirate...

...where can ye get a copy?
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:30 pm

yarr ! Oi wanna camma flog me shup ! I be wunnerin' wot be best color to dye the sails ?
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby pieces o'nine on Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:05 pm

Oi fink blue, ter blend in wiv thee skoi, loike.

Hunless yer be sailin at noight, in witch case yer wants black.
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

PreviousNext

Return to Pirate Discussion