Serious Pirate Discussion

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Serious Pirate Discussion

Postby Griffin on Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:56 pm

Oi were lookin fer serious Pirate posts an I culdnt find none. So Oi be startin me own up.

Oi suggest Cap'n Cronin fer moderator as it be needin keepin in loine. Like Oi noticed Pirates ave an abit of insults an that be not ok ere.

Oi be throwin the topic open to all Pirates what want ter be serious.

Oi'll start with me treatise on layin down rat poison.

First, lock up yer parrot. Second, lock up yer cat. Third, lock up yer crew. Fourth lock up yer crow. Turn the tin, with the arrow pointin down, over upways. Lever lid awf wiv a crowbar (ye may use the one from yer crow's nest). Sprinkle the pellets in the bilge. Tek the lifeboat and sail off quick.

As anyone gotta better method?
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.
Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Big sheep

Postby black bart on Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:31 pm

I aint got no rats on board my ship me hearty...there be some big brown squeeky sheep down in the bilge what ne'r see the light o day but no rats.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DaveL on Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:11 pm

YArrrr...

We've tried and failed many toimes.

Lock out the usual culprits - you know who they are, (ok meself included).

Ban the words: 'Brenda', 'Fishead Stew', 'Tiddles', 'Big Ron', 'YArrrr or Arghhh', 'Boris', 'Arghh-stock', any Pirate insults, any reference to Madame Fifi or knocking shops, any reference to amputated limbs, cabin boys, booty perches, Auntie Blackbeard (puff, puff, puff)

Ban references to Pirate Rock Acts, PlayBilge, Sporty lookin galleons, using the XXX semaphore line, The Scurvy Board Disciplinary Hearing, Cooking with Weevils or Woodlice (puff, puff, puff)

Oi'd jest quit while your ahead...YArrrrrr
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Blackbeard

Postby black bart on Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:20 pm

There's a cracking docu-drama on Blackbeard on the BBC at the moment...he was a real pirate's pirate I have to admit...no Fish Head Stew in it yet though!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Griffin on Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:24 pm

Oi's ad a note from Cronin complainin about Bart's reference to is sheep. E says as ow that may be a bannin offense. Oi's persauded im ter turn a blind eye fer now.
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.
Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Blind

Postby black bart on Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:08 am

That be a serious point thar me hearty...we have definately got a blind eye!
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DaveL on Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:41 am

YArrrrrr...

Is that as well as yer prosthetic eye. Jeepers, that'd make seein' a bit difficult.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Tiddles

Postby black bart on Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:48 am

YYYAAAARRRR...We be divertin from this ere serious discussion on Pirates. Hows Tiddles these days?
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DaveL on Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:27 pm

YArrrr...as Evil as ever Oi hear.

Oi hear he's about to undertake another installment in far fetched anecdotes of the sea. Should be most excitin'
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Tiddled

Postby black bart on Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:47 am

Now that IS a serious discussion! Good luck with 'The Best Of', it should be fun looking back at the early posts.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Griffin on Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:01 pm

Oi bin ponderin on many issues these last few days at sea. One thing be puzzlin me as I be worryin about Tiddles. Where do cats got when they die?
Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Stew

Postby black bart on Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:57 am

Straight in the Stew! :D
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DaveL on Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:00 am

YArrrr...

Not in the DaveL's Country Blend FHS. We use only prime race horse in our recipe. Ole "Mystic Dancer" came up a treat after her last place at the local races. Oi can almost "whinny" meself when Oi crack a can...Yarrrrr...
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Shirgar

Postby black bart on Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:17 am

HHHAAARRR...Have we at last solved the Mystery of Shirgar? :fsm_yarr:
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DaveL on Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:46 am

YArrrrr...

Oi think that there horse was in the last batch. Used the remaining bits for glue...
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Next

Return to Pirate Discussion