DO YOU WANT THIS BOAT ?

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:55 pm

indeed. it does seem inane battling against or battling with a ship which can actually only be seen and heard, but not actually interact with anything.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:59 pm

Are ghosts totally invisible? I hear some are just transparent. I can't say first hand, though.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:03 am

I imagine there are different types, some actually partially tangible, like ectoplasmic ones. others are heard and seen, but not felt or actually there, like this ship.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:47 am

That's very interesting, Qwerty. Good luck with your intangible ship.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:12 am

yes, I realize the physical implications of those.

but screw them. this is the supernatural!!!

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:25 am

Hey, I have no quarrel with the supernatural. I just let it go. :wink: You know, science ain't that important, after all. I mean look at this "evolution" stuff? Seriously!

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:26 am

hmm... I wonder if theres a market for "ectoplasmically designed" life...

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:47 am

If there isn't, create one. It's ripe for the plucking!

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Boat

Postby black bart on Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:23 am

E Razer wrote:

A ghost boat.
22 metres
2 masts
boardin yesterday offshore of Punta Volpe, Sardegna.
A jellow.

Stay off the Fish Head Stew lad...it's dangerous!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Duke on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:57 pm

Don't listen to 'im, it's perfectly fine unless you let it ferment!

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:50 pm

you.... haven't had Black Barts Fish Head stew, have you?

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:26 pm

Just, just, Don't Panic!

I wouldn't eat anything Black Bart made at cutlass-point. No offense, old mate.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby E.Raser on Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:49 am

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:it was boarded by Jellow-beings?

egads.... THEY'RE OUT TO GET ME!!!!!!!!

Secret Services inquiring into this strange schooner which worth about 150.000 $
The owner is Franc Rouayrux from Louxemburg, but he do not know about Jellow-beings.
If you have news of these pirates( ????? :pirate_fish: ) please write to Procura della Repubblica of Tempio Pausania 07029 Sassari-Italy
E.Raser
Lumache Lieutenant

Blaggard

Postby black bart on Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:43 am

AAARRRR...Luxembourg Franc...a blaggard if ever ther was one! :fsm_yarr:
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:05 am

hell, if I know about these pirates I'm boarding that ship!

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

PreviousNext

Return to Pirate Discussion