Whinging Pensioner Pirate Rant

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby walktheplank on Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:29 am

I agree with you Tanguerra, the lack of adequate education funding has had a major effect on the use of correct grammer.

When I was a lad, I was taught to speak properly by adding a loud yarrgghhhhh to about every third word but now the young varmints don't know how to say yarrgghhhhh properly. It is a sign of the times when I have to pick them up for not saying at least one yarrgghhhhh when delivering a sentence.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
walktheplank
Lumache Lieutenant

Glad

Postby black bart on Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:36 am

Darn it...I fer one will be glad when this bleedin 'Talk like a bleedin landlubber Day' is over!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby The Black Spot on Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:31 am

Aye. I remembers when there were decent stuff t' read 'ere. When this landlubber day be o'er with, I reckons anyone 'oo talks about scones an tiffins should get a red 'ot poker up the jacksie.

Thems that dies will be the lucky ones.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Poker

Postby black bart on Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:00 am

I say old chap is that dreadful Talklikeawatchamacallit Day over at last...unhand me you brute...that poker looks blessid warm don't cha know...aaaaarrrrrrrrgh!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby walktheplank on Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:18 am

yarr I was going to suggest 'talk like a prick day' though we wouldn't need a separate thread for it.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
walktheplank
Lumache Lieutenant

test

Postby black bart on Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:53 am

This is a TEST post ta see if it goes in the right place...ie after Spot's Post
black bart
Resident Weevil

error

Postby black bart on Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:54 am

I give up...error, error...is it me or is anyone else getting this problem!
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby The Black Spot on Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:00 am

Don't be worryin' yerself Bart. This poker 'as another name on it.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Postby walktheplank on Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:26 am

Yarr talking bout Poker, I remember the days when ye would all go to the tavern get roaring drunk and play poker till dawn. Aterwards the winner would leg it down to the harbour and the rest of us would beat im to a pulp and then rob the blaggard. That is unless the winner was The Black Spot and we would all say well done and go home.

Nowadays all the young swabs go to their quarters fire up their laptops and go on to www.gaming.com and lose all their money on-line.
walktheplank
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby The Black Spot on Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 am

Arrr...

I remembers when ye could open a thread, an all the posts were in order.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Tea

Postby black bart on Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:03 am

Arrrrrrrr...I blames the Tea Drinkers!
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DaveL on Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:06 am

YArrrr...

Talk Like a Land Lubber Day mucked it all up. Oi never heard the word 'Pip Pip' or 'Tally Ho' till September 19.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby tanguerra on Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:25 pm

Aaarghh! Poker be all very well, I remembers the day when ye could be up until dawn playin' at dice, fleece 'em all good and proper (I haves some special dice be family heirlooms yez know how tis).

Then ye'd go out and see the bear baitin' in the town square, maybe a little cock fightin for a warm up fer good measure.

There don't be any of that sort of thing any more. Can't get the bears, ye know and the municipal workers complain about havin ter clean up all the feathers and such.
Aaarrrrgggh!

Reed me booke. It's got pirates innit http:\\how-to-find-love.com
tanguerra
Humble Hermit

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:23 pm

That ain't very humane. You gotta get with the times and practice sport that people won't get upset about...like putting a hardcore fundie into a barrel with a hardcore atheist and seeing which one survives.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Dan(da haole guy) on Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:38 pm

ARR-oha..me an' da croo uv "Weeping Pustule" will supply da barrel (more than 1, if need be..)..please let us know when ya need delivery, ya?

(AARRGGHH!! almos' forgot..dis be a whingeing pyrate pensioner rant----)

in my day..we 'ad REAL fundies (burn yez at da stake widdout breakin' stride in th' sermon, they would!) & da atheists!! they'd take weeks uv 'orrible torture an' just spit on yer an' ask "izzat da bes' yez kin do, yez deluded freaks?" ('course, it sounded a little different, cuz by then they didn't usually have tongues..)...fundies/atheists these daze be a sorry lot entire!! :x
KAULANA NA PUA A'O FSM..HANO HANO..FSM NO KA OI..
Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

PreviousNext

Return to Pirate Discussion