Eye Patch

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Land Shark on Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:51 am

Aye, and be the feared Blind Beard the Pirate!

Beware, he can't tell who he's swingin' his cutlass at!
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -Edgar Allan Poe
Land Shark
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Jerm on Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:31 pm

Thanks for the advice, I shal take it all unto consideration (I really doubt thats a proper way to use unto, ahwell).

My plans of doing this while sticking to my charatistic cheap bastardly ways are beginning to unravel. Perhaps I can't be a total cheap bastard, but I can be a moderately cheap bastard.

And I love the idea of Blind Beard the pirate. That strikes me as a good room clearing tool.

"Arright, we'se a shove ye into a room. Ye hears the door close, ye starts swingin' an' don't stop till I says!"
It all kind of went downhill from there.
Jerm
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Desktop

Postby black bart on Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:03 am

Just use the Portholes 2000 spellcheck...although it does tend to put YAARRR and Avast before everything! I'm getting fed up with the little desktop Cutlass with eyes that keeps popping up and saying things like: Ahoy...do ye want me to help ye pillage or are ye sure ye wants to bury yer treasure there.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby The Black Spot on Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:07 am

Ye be lucky. If ye use Portholes XP ye get a little hook wi' eyes prancin' around the screen. "Hello," it says. "It looks like you're writing a ransom note."

It's at this point I loses me rag.

Six new screens already this week.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Upgrade

Postby black bart on Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:20 am

YYYAAARRR...I be gettin a free upgrade to Portholes XP...

I just as to show me proof o purchase...

Blast it, the whole system were pillaged from 'Wherethefarquarwenow and co'!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Captain Locke on Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:51 am

I went and bought meself an eypatch of uncommon quality, but the package sez that it be a 'delux' eyepatch. So, sez I....what makes an eyepatch delux?
42 and FSM must have a connection somewhere. Perhaps He has 42 noodly appendages?
Captain Locke
Conchigliette Convert

Postby anthrobabe on Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:28 am

delux means that it has silk or some such on it maybe some fancy stitchin or special memory elastic cord

also it is probably not used- many new shipmates have to borrow an eyepatch from an older more experinced pirate when they first need one so it is always nice to have a nice new unused one-

it might also be made of special stain resistant fabric- so one doesn't get spag sauce stains while learning to eat one eyed and all- eating one eyed is tricky at first- the trick in to tilt the head and aim for just below the nose

and thanks to Auntie for the tips of safety- and might I add
NEVER steer the boat while wearin more than one eyepatch- not even if your parrot is sober and swears he can tell you what to do
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Patch

Postby black bart on Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:47 am

anthrobabe wrote:

NEVER steer the boat while wearin more than one eyepatch

YYYAARRR...it be amazin the fine sea farin advice ye can get on these pages. That reminds o me ex First mate Blind Pew...he swore he could steer the ship by his sense o smell alone. Arter 6 weeks stuck in Portsmouth Harbour I had to give him the sack!
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby anthrobabe on Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:52 am

The Portsmouth(NH) lighthouse is supposedly haunted- blind pew could work there as a tour guide- and he wouldn't be afraid of the spooks as he wouldn't be able to see them.
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Crikey

Postby black bart on Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:22 pm

Crikey...It's not haunted by, gulp....Capn Cronan is it?! :?
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Jerm on Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:24 pm

Wrinkle me collar! Pilotin' yer ship blind be a foul wind to go with.
Jerm

Grog Mist

Postby black bart on Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:06 am

YYAARRR...It be a terrifyin scenario when the thick fog comes down and ye can only see the dark ghostly shapes of ships floatin by...is it The Royal navy huntin ye down? Is it Big Ron after a large curry and a session in The Dribblin parrot? Is it Capn Cronan?

No ye've been on the grog all night again! :D
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Jerm on Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:02 pm

That's a happened to me more times'n I can count.

Which, for the record, isn't very high during a grog binge.
Jerm

Postby PantyGnawer on Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:24 am

PG sneaks in and steals all your rum
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Previous

Return to Pirate Discussion