Historical Pirates, in the Golden Age of Piracy.....

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Historical Pirates, in the Golden Age of Piracy.....

Postby Taichi on Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:28 am

I'm here to answer piratey questions!, I have extensive knowledge about Piracy not only in the Caribbean, but the Barbary Pirates, Asian Pirates, and Fictional Pirates as well!

Ask me, and I will endeavor to enlighten you, as to why they be the FSM's chosen people! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Love the Faithful, Hate the Faith
Taichi
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Mystery

Postby black bart on Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:43 am

Ahoy thar matey...good to have someone knowledgable in the crew!

Perhaps ye could explain the mystery o why Capn Cronan's ships keep goin to Davey Jones's Locker?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby The Black Spot on Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:04 am

I were goin' to ask if there were any decent knockin' shops apart from Madame Fifi's. Me credit's runnin' low at the moment.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Postby Taichi on Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:03 am

My guess on the Cap'ns ships would be that they don't make 'em like they used to....

as far as Madame Fifi's, I'm not aware......

anyway, my knowledge is on the history of real pirates, and the High Seas.......

and how that knowledge relates to popular culture....
Taichi

Postby DaveL on Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:07 am

YArrr...

Do yer know Brenda McTavish's phone number, or would Oi have a tough time phonin her, as it's the year 1677.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Titanic

Postby black bart on Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:07 am

Daichi Wrote:

My guess on the Cap'ns ships would be that they don't make 'em like they used to....

AAAARRRRRRR...Ye could be onto somethin thar me hearty...but it don't explain how Cronan's Grandfather managed to sink the Titanic! :?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Taichi on Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:12 am

More research would be needed to wrap me noodle around that one.....

Interesting bit o' Pirate Knowledge:

Tripoli, is in the Barbary Coast, a hotbed for pirates.......

it was a major slave port on the African coast........

Thomas Jefferson himself commissioned America's first Navy, not to fight in the Revolution, but to quell the uprising of piracy and slaving in the Barbary Coast.......it was our first major overseas military action.....

The USS Constitution, one of America's flagships (also known as "Old Ironsides", due to a revolutionary hull reinforcement, designed by Paul Revere) was commissioned for this campaign........

it is also the same place referenced in "The Battle Hymn of the Repulbic" in the verse "From the Halls of Montezuma, to the Shores of Tripoli"........
Taichi

Postby The Black Spot on Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:22 am

DaveL wrote:Do yer know Brenda McTavish's phone number,

I hear that she operates a premium rate semaphore line. Drop 'er a dubloon an she'll lean out 'er window an spell out rude messages by wavin' her drawers about.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Postby Taichi on Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:23 am

No offense guys, but I really wanted this to be a serious discussion....... :cry:
Taichi

Postby DaveL on Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:45 am

We have a Serious discussion thread elsewhere. Go check it.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby Taichi on Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:11 am

I see no serious pirate discussion anywhere.......
Taichi

Postby DaveL on Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:24 am

Taichi,

If you've come to impress us with your knowledge then hats off, we're impressed. But, I think you'll find the gang here as equally as knowledgable - so get over it.

How about getting to know the people here before you start ordering them about how to post? We have moderators that can handle that sort of stuff you know.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby Taichi on Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:33 am

I'm not ordering anybody to do anything, I just wanted to create a thread in which real-life, historical pirates could be discussed, as I found no such thread anywhere on the board, I made my own......

and it was promptly ruined by people who, while claiming to be tolerant, don't seem to care, or know the difference between 'serious discussion' and 'ridiculous humor' if you don't want to discuss history, that's just fine, but don't drag my thread down with you......

as far as equally knowledgable: I've yet to see any demonstration to that effect, I looked, I found nothing.....

as far as getting to know the people, you speak to me as if I just registered.......which is erroneous.......moderator you may be, but you've only been here a few weeks longer than I........
Taichi

Feeling

Postby black bart on Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:41 am

Now, now me hearty...

What ye need is a good Hearty Bowl of Olde Englishe Fishe Head Stewe, that'l give ye the authentic Piratey feeling you be hankerin arter... :fsm_yarr:
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DaveL on Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:57 am

Taichi wrote:
I'm not ordering anybody to do anything, I just wanted to create a thread in which real-life, historical pirates could be discussed, as I found no such thread anywhere on the board, I made my own......

Fine, well just be aware the humorous threads are very popular here and yes there are lots of them. The humour comes from the people who post here day after day, it's satire remember. If we choose to read the serious stuff, there is a whole pirate webring that deals with it. We can go there if we choose, but this section is to have a laugh. So don't get offended, I'm sure your discussion will develop nicely if you give us a chance.

and it was promptly ruined by people who, while claiming to be tolerant, don't seem to care, or know the difference between 'serious discussion' and 'ridiculous humor' if you don't want to discuss history, that's just fine, but don't drag my thread down with you......

Again that's your opinion. Go to a serious area of the forum if you don't like the people who post here.

as far as equally knowledgable: I've yet to see any demonstration to that effect, I looked, I found nothing.....

Well if you hold us in such contempt, then why post here. This is satire, not maritime history proper.

as far as getting to know the people, you speak to me as if I just registered.......which is erroneous.......

I don't assume anything, just that we all have a good time. There are plenty of sites that deal with maritime history.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Next

Return to Pirate Discussion