Sodomy and Pirates

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Sodomy and Pirates

Postby EarthRise on Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:28 pm

The Good Reverend Roger wrote:
Shoeman wrote:In an interview given by Johnny Depp (whose real name is none other than Captain Jack Sparrow) he mentions that Pirates at sea would sometimes turn gay. Perfectly straight guys, but like in prison, sexual tension just builds and builds. In fact, pirate ships are cited as being a lot like prisons.

Hence why Captain Jack Sparrow might seem a little ambiguous regarding sexuality.

Of course we know that Pirate ships were never like Prisons (it goes against what Piracy is ABOUT). But do you think its common for Pirates to be bisexual? Or is it desperation? "Cabin boy! Drop your pants and bring me the rum!"

Homosexuality among pirates was punished by marooning.

Bad news, that.

Actually, that's another piece of slanderous propaganda disseminated by the Church to discredit Pastafarianism. :)
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:29 pm

Sometimes, I wonder if some of us actually believe this nonsense...

Oh, shit...I broke the fourth wall...noooo!
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Re: Sodomy and Pirates

Postby The Good Reverend Roger on Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:37 pm

EarthRise wrote:
The Good Reverend Roger wrote:
Shoeman wrote:In an interview given by Johnny Depp (whose real name is none other than Captain Jack Sparrow) he mentions that Pirates at sea would sometimes turn gay. Perfectly straight guys, but like in prison, sexual tension just builds and builds. In fact, pirate ships are cited as being a lot like prisons.

Hence why Captain Jack Sparrow might seem a little ambiguous regarding sexuality.

Of course we know that Pirate ships were never like Prisons (it goes against what Piracy is ABOUT). But do you think its common for Pirates to be bisexual? Or is it desperation? "Cabin boy! Drop your pants and bring me the rum!"

Homosexuality among pirates was punished by marooning.

Bad news, that.

Actually, that's another piece of slanderous propaganda disseminated by the Church to discredit Pastafarianism. :)

Okay. Far be it from me to fly in the face of orthodox unorthodoxism.
Editor in chief of "SHUT UP", The American Journal of Misanthropy.

Or kill me.
The Good Reverend Roger
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby DaveL on Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:49 pm

YArrrr...

There not be a word of truth in it. Just ask any cabin boy.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Entertainment

Postby black bart on Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:42 am

AAARRRR, it be true that tension builds up on any ship over a Long Voyage. It be up to the Cap'n to maintain discipline or to have plenty o hentertainment on board. There be Sea Shanties, dancin the Hornpipe (I never calls em Hornpipes though cos it contains the word Horn), watercolour washes for beginners, Etruscan Pottery studies, Needlework, Aerobics, Advanced Fashion Design & Haut Couture, The Capn's Big Musical Night (YYAARRR we've only got the one film though: South Pacific) and when things really get a bit tense and sweaty I sets up a Ballroom Dancin competition with gorgeous sequinned outfits all round. Thems that volunteer ta be the lady partners gets the best outfits. It all takes their mind off the fact that they aint had a **** in years!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby walktheplank on Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:08 am

yarr what sort o ship do yer run Bart if yer swabs as toime to git bored. On me ship when we wern't pillaging, plundering an murdering the scum of the seven seas then I ad me crew scrub the decks, maintain the rigging and plug the leaks in the hold. If they as toime to whistle a sea shanty, read a treasure map or ogle a wench then they were thrown overboard.

Several years ago I read The Black Spot's guide 'How to be a nasty scumbag Pirate Cap'n so that every blaggard hates yer guts' Cruel Love e calls it and essential reading if yer want to survive at sea without a cultlass in yer guts.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
walktheplank
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby DaveL on Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:16 am

Yarrrrr...

Good Reverend Roger! Who be that dude in yer signature beating up the Easter Bunny? Can yer gives me his contact details? Oi might have a job next April for him.

Also do you know what his availability for December 24th is?
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby The Black Spot on Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:03 am

DaveL wrote:Just ask any cabin boy.

Ye mean ye asks them?
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

jolly

Postby black bart on Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:00 am

AAARRRRR...Twood be where the phrase: 'Jolly Roger' comes from!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby The Black Spot on Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:13 am

Some bloke call Tai-Pin or summit came into the tavern the other night an said "Has anyone any questions about the Jolly Roger? I know everything there is to know on the subject. Did you know the phrase comes from the french 'jolie..."

I didn't catch the rest o' it coz someone was shovin' a bargain bucket o' Cap'n Sanders chicken feet in batter down 'is throat.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Boring

Postby black bart on Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:32 am

AAARRRR, he don't ave a lot o luck that Tai-Pin fellar. He were booked ta give a speach on 'Historical Pirates in the Golden age of Piracy' at the Guild Hall in London. He was dressed in his Sunday Best and had his speach all layed out on the finest parchment. All the top City Business men and dignitaries were there. He got 2 paragraphs into his introduction and the Lord Mayor shouts out: "When are ye goin ta tell us about Big Brenda ya borin git!"
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DaveL on Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:42 am

Well he obviously didn't know about knockin shops or Brenda (which are one in the same really). Both Spot and I asked him and he got all hoity toity wifs us. His esteemed career went down quite quickly after that.

(See The Sticky - The Best of Pirates Year 1, for those who don't haves a clue what we are talkin about)

Just goes to show, ifs yer don't know your offshore recreational activities, you be in big trouble.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby PantyGnawer on Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:16 am

PG sneaks in and steals all your rum
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Taichi

Postby black bart on Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:02 am

Harrr...I remembers this one...discussion about good ol Taichi...always good fer a larf.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby anthrobabe on Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:15 am

postin for pirates
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

PreviousNext

Return to Pirate Discussion